Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inter-Alliance Travel

dentedhalo
Hi

I'm in the Aldmeri Dominion and I want to know if I'm able to travel into the other 2 alliances territories?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but not until you finish the Main Quest (or, after Update 9 is released, once you hit Level 50/VR1).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dentedhalo
  • dentedhalo
    sorry, just to clarify, the Veiled Heritance quest or the Harborage quest?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically just the Harborage quests, which you'll get every five levels, but in practice it usually ends up being both. There's a few different terminologies used here, but the most common one is "Main Quest" or "Main Story" to refer to the Harborage questline, and the "Alliance Story" to refer to the main quest chain through a zone (which is the Veiled Heritance for Auridon). You'll find that they run in parallel up to Level 43, and then join together for the final story zone. You'll need to complete the last quest in the Alliance Story (or reach Level 45) to access the final story zone "officially", but you can also get to that zone by teleporting to a friend. You then need to do the last story quest in that zone to access the final Harborage quest.
    Edited by Enodoc on February 12, 2016 4:48PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • dentedhalo
    Excellent, thanks very much... I got to the gate at the very top of Reapers March last night and was quite confused when it wouldn't open :smiley: I'll be finished both the Main and Alliance quests shortly so I can travel then... just getting ahead of myself. Thanks for explaining that :)
  • BlitzGirl41
    BlitzGirl41
    ✭✭
    So once we finish the main story, we are able to travel to other alliance zones and do their quests...? :*
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So once we finish the main story, we are able to travel to other alliance zones and do their quests...? :*

Yes, exactly that.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • BlitzGirl41
    BlitzGirl41
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Yes, exactly that.

That's awesome! Guess that gives me motivation to try to actually stick with a toon, huh? :D
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    To access the other Alliances referred to as Caldwell's Silver and Gold is only granted after reaching Cold Harbor and completing its Story Line, and then returning to Caldwell in the Harborage. So, it is a lengthy process to run through Cold Harbor's quests to open the final area to complete the Story.,

Now, since the Thieves Guild update, reaching level 50 (Veteran 1) now immediately grants you access to the two wayshrines that were previously granted by reaching Cadwell's Silver and then, Cadwell's Gold.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • BlitzGirl41
    BlitzGirl41
    ✭✭
    To access the other Alliances referred to as Caldwell's Silver and Gold is only granted after reaching Cold Harbor and completing its Story Line, and then returning to Caldwell in the Harborage. So, it is a lengthy process to run through Cold Harbor's quests to open the final area to complete the Story.,

Now, since the Thieves Guild update, reaching level 50 (Veteran 1) now immediately grants you access to the two wayshrines that were previously granted by reaching Cadwell's Silver and then, Cadwell's Gold.

Does the update still allow players to participate in Cadwell's Silver and Gold, if they so wish?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the update still allow players to participate in Cadwell's Silver and Gold, if they so wish?
    Yes. You are now able to access the "Cadwell zones" and do the quests there as soon as you reach Level 50, but you still need to complete the Main Quest in order to get the progress trackers and rewards for Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. (Once they are started, Silver and Gold will immediately check off any of the objectives you have already completed if you went into the Cadwell zones and started questing there before completing the Main Quest.)