Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do you think legendary crafting improvement materials will be more expensive once VR's drop?

Duiwel
Duiwel
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have wondered this for a while now, most people ask what will happen to my VR gear once it drops ect. That has been covered time and time again, what I am curious about though is will the tempers be more expensive?

Dreugh Wax, Tempering Alloy, Rosin, Psyjic Ambrosia
Edited by Duiwel on February 9, 2016 8:16AM
@Duiwel:
Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."

Do you think legendary crafting improvement materials will be more expensive once VR's drop? 27 votes

No! What are you talking about ? ( buys a bunch of them the day before the patch ).
14%
FarorinimrednecksonMrPoolatyDrakilian 4 votes
No...
7%
XevenHowlingMoney515 2 votes
Yes, I think so...
29%
myrrrorb14_ESO_Chaosbjplagueastraea360bryanhaasHebrewHatchetBabeestorGorSunburnt_Penguin 8 votes
Not really, it will stay the same.
22%
gw2only1b14_ESOpfalzerRajajshkaTarukmocktoajwest927schwarzman1 6 votes
Maybe, maybe not.
14%
Iruil_ESOSmoltReverbIl3rotherhood 4 votes
Don't care, I'm rich!
11%
Septimus_MagnaPaazhahdrimaakSarcB 3 votes
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! What are you talking about ? ( buys a bunch of them the day before the patch ).
    At the beginning of every change, most things go up in price due to increased demand for them as many people switch up their builds, try new builds, and experiment. But I don't think they will go up anymore than they have in the past, and I do think they will balance out again quite quickly, assuming that no changes are made to their availability or methods of acquiring them.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same boat hence why I made that one the 1st option :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care, I'm rich!
    They aren't ever taking away Veteran Ranks.
    There would be no need for that.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, it will stay the same.
    Duiwel wrote: »
    So I have wondered this for a while now, most people ask what will happen to my VR gear once it drops ect. That has been covered time and time again, what I am curious about though is will the tempers be more expensive?

Dreugh Wax, Tempering Alloy, Rosin, Psyjic Ambrosia

Psyjic Ambrosia

You mean perfect Roe right?

And no that one wont drop unless they add another source to gain it from or increase drop rate etc.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think so...
    There will be a dramatic increase in the short term at least.
    If you have a v16 character all your characters will suddenly be at 160+CP, the new v16. That'll be a lot of new endgame characters needing good equipment.
    Add to that accelerated CP gain and players who get to L50 will be reaching what is effectively max level a lot quicker.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think so...
    I expect it to increase with every DLC. New gear needs to made and upgraded. But this should be more extreme since all although vet characters will suddenly be maxed out and need new gear.

Should probably save up so I can buy everything right before the price jumps, but too lazy.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psijic Ambrosia sales go up with every DLC -- but there's no new ranks or CP to get this time, so I suspect there will be little, if any, additional demand this time around.

Right now prices (PC/NA) are too low to cover materials and it's not worth making.
  • SarcB
    SarcB
    Soul Shriven
    Don't care, I'm rich!
    Only if people assume that the prices will go up will cause them to rise.
    Just like you said,
    If you buy a lot of them the day before the patch like other people, the average price will automatically increase.
  • MrPoolaty
    MrPoolaty
    ✭✭
    There will be a dramatic increase in the short term at least.
    If you have a v16 character all your characters will suddenly be at 160+CP, the new v16. That'll be a lot of new endgame characters needing good equipment.
    Add to that accelerated CP gain and players who get to L50 will be reaching what is effectively max level a lot quicker.

Dude I totally don't think is happening until June
    Edited by MrPoolaty on February 12, 2016 3:31PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, maybe not.
    I really don't know, but I'm hoarding them just in case.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche