The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suppression Field vs Absorption Field

KingYogi415
KingYogi415
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Which negate morph is best for pvp?

Suppression Field:
Allies in the area will be granted Minor Protection which reduces incoming damage by 8%.

Absorption Field:
Allies enetering the area are granted Major Expedition, Fortitude, Intellect and Endurance which increases their movment speed by 20% and their Health, Magicka and Stamina Regeneration by 20% for 12 seconds.

Cheers!
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, Negate isn't used much in PVP, but I would say that Absorption Field is better because it would help to buff up your teammates and get that sweet AP.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Generally, Negate isn't used much in PVP, but I would say that Absorption Field is better because it would help to buff up your teammates and get that sweet AP.

In a zergs it's a great move
    Edited by KingYogi415 on February 9, 2016 3:41AM
    Options
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We clearly playing different PVP.....

Suppression Field also grants minor erosion to allies inside it.... to me this makes it the morph of choice.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Interesting.
    It's a required ult for sorcs on our raid nights. We use it on flags, chokes, prox det groups.
    Suppression is my choice for the mitigation.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Supression field.

Reduced damage + some more spellpen (and negating magic effects ofc)

EU | PC
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suppression Field all the way. The other morph is more or less useless, as you get the resourcebuffs by simply taking a potion.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a zergs it's a great move
    Xendyn wrote: »

Interesting.
    It's a required ult for sorcs on our raid nights. We use it on flags, chokes, prox det groups.

Interesting.

Ok, I was wrong :neutral:
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We clearly playing different PVP.....

Suppression Field also grants minor erosion to allies inside it.... to me this makes it the morph of choice.

Thanks!
    Options
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    over 95% of the time when I saw a negate it was used by an npc guard. I'll choose Suppression field for penetration.
    Options
  •  Raiborn
    Raiborn
    ✭✭
    So these morphs have since been revamped (posting just after update 11 - Hist)

Suppression now deals damage and Absorption now heals allies to foes/friends in the area. They have the same values/tics.

My take on the new morphs is that it's really whether you find yourself dropping it more on enemies or allies. So if it's raid night and you're with your guildies, the healing would probably be better, but solo or against zergs/lots of mobs the damage one is doing more work.

The old ones sound like they were more impactful... but the new ones are much simpler for sure.
    Raiborn, Imperial Templar
    Officer of Strayhold
    Options
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    For a Sorcerer DPS, I use Suppression Field as the tick damage can add up to ease group control.

Absorption Field is useful for a Sorcerer Healer or if you want to have a passive heal equipped.
    Edited by Sylianwe on January 9, 2021 6:03PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the healing morph... The other one is a damage aoe so all people will know instantly its there (red circle around feet) and roll out, it's harder to spot expecially when it's a bit hectic
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got so annoyed by people not being up to date on patchnotes reading this thread until I realized that you necro'd a thread from 2016.

Enemies will always try to get out of it no matter the morph and that usually happens with one roll dodge. Unless it's used in coordination with some other ults or in an amazing choke enemies will usually leave it almost instantly. The only people you can control to be inside of it are yourself and your friends. It's also a great defensive ult if you see an approaching bombing group as you can take away all their momentum with proper placement and the healing will save way more friends than the damage one could ever do.

Absorption is just a lot more versatile.
    Options
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    removed due to old tread
    Edited by visionality on December 7, 2018 10:11AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

Yes, even with small groups that are well organized a properly placed negate can make a big difference.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been two years already since they changed its effects? Time is flowing...
    (o.o)

Anyways, Suppression is typically used by magicka characters to add a bit AoE damage for your upfront Spamnado spammers. It isn't much, people will evade it unless snared/rooted (which they should be anyway), but every bit helps.

Absorption is typically used by stamsorcs, as they don't have the magical CP to buff damage. It also directly helps the caster, as stamsorcs are on the front in the middle of the enemy's group and can receive Absorption's healing.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That´s some level of necromancy mannimarco is envious about.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco up in this ***
    Options