The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Loading Screen After Login

Xorsius
Xorsius
✭✭
After today's patch/hotfix download, I keep getting an infinite loading screen after I type in my password and login. I've already tried numerous attempts at fixing this, including:

1.) Changing LUA's memory limit from 64MB to 256

2.) Deleting the ZO_LUA file in SavedVariables or whatever it was called.

3.) Running the game as Administrator.

4.) Repairing the game.

5.) Added ESO as a Firewall exception and such.

I've already submitted a ticket and stuff, but this is something I need fixed as soon as possible, hence my post on here.
  • shalamoo
    shalamoo
    Try flushing your DNS.

command prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns"
    without the quotation marks.

This fixed it for me.
    Options
  • Xorsius
    Xorsius
    ✭✭
    shalamoo wrote: »
    Try flushing your DNS.

command prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns"
    without the quotation marks.

This fixed it for me.

Tried it, didn't work. :/
    Options
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem, any step from zos not help. Last step static IP adress.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
    Options
  • sidebyside
    sidebyside
    ✭✭
    I got the same problem as well
    Options
  • Xorsius
    Xorsius
    ✭✭
    Well at least I'm not the only one it seems.
    Options
  • Niors
    Niors
    I am having the same issue, I havn't been able to play in weeks because of it. Never had a single problem with the game before this.
    Options
  • Xorsius
    Xorsius
    ✭✭
    Niors wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, I havn't been able to play in weeks because of it. Never had a single problem with the game before this.

Well if I find something that fixes this before ZoS can, I'll be sure to let you guys know.
    Options
  • Xorsius
    Xorsius
    ✭✭
    I think I've finally found the solution! Here's what I did:

I ended up doing a sort of hard reset on ESO by holding down my power button and shutting off my computer completely while the game was still on and/or exitting. Basically resets all of my game settings and sometimes addons I believe.

After that, I tried again as usual, but no luck, but I decided to try something else and let the loading screen go on without me pressing the mouse button every few minutes in order to get that inactivity notice and have the game boot me out. Once I got it, I logged in again and tried again. The loading took longer than normal, but this time, I actually reached my character list and was able to get on.

I believe it was the second part that worked, the whole inactivity notice thing and logging in again after that, but I can't say for sure since I can't really try it now. I would ask that this be tested out and if it works, spread it to others suffering the same issue. ^_^
    Options
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    I've got this problem, too, since the patch on 2/8/16. No prior problem like this in 11 months of play. Sometimes I have trouble just logging in, but I often I can get to the character select screen, choose a character and get the "Requesting Character Load" message. Sometimes it'll hang at that screen, sometimes I can get to the next loading screen where it'll hang.

Options