Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing in Coldharbour, did someone catch all different rare fish?

XistenZ_one
I'm trying to get all fishing achievements and I'm currently drying out Coldharbour. There's 12 rare fish (4 blue and 8 green), I've got all but 1 blue (Ghoulfish). After getting the first 11, I've been using up well over ONE THOUSAND crawlers (only foul water there, so yes I'm using the correct bait ^^).
Several nights I've been out with different groups and we've been 3-4 people fishing, all of us being just one fish short, but all different ones, both green and blue so I know they didn't forget to plant all fish, they're there but seems like the last fish a player needs is random and will not drop.

My thought is this, did they accidentally or purposefully design it so that it's impossible to catch all fish there? As a means to deny anyone of the title "Master Angler" maybe? There's something fishy (punpunpun) going on... just want to know if someone actually got the achievement for Coldharbour, and was it recently or back in 2014?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible I have the achievement, got it about six months ago.

It took me about three days, I have heard from others who took a month or so because of the RNG then 1/12 shot at the right one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • XistenZ_one
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's possible I have the achievement, got it about six months ago.

It took me about three days, I have heard from others who took a month or so because of the RNG then 1/12 shot at the right one.

Yeah I really hope it's horrible, horrible misfortune with the RNG. But seeing I got at least 5-10 of every other fish except the last one, it looks really weird :)
    Did some big weird patch happen the past 6 months that could've impacted fishing? I don't want to rule out developer-blooper just yet ;) would feel better if it's someones actual fault.
  • Moe1983
    Moe1983
    Currently have the same issue, am fishing with a mate & we both need one fish each, but not the same one. I keep catching what he needs & vice versa, been through I don't know how many crawlers & fish roe.
    Edited by Moe1983 on June 30, 2016 11:49AM
  • XistenZ_one
    I actually caught the last one some weeks ago (months? Who can tell, when in ESO time flies by!) so it's possible.
    But it did take another few stacks of crawlers. I also had help by one other player during the catch.

It feels sooooooo good that Coldharbour is DONE, keep at it! You'll get it eventually (but I think that every character have their own near-impossible fish, like I had Ghoulfish and you and your mate have your own).

Good luck :)
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    For all zones stick with a single water type and don't leave the zone until you catch all of them for that water. I've noticed that the more times I transfer to a zone the longer it takes to catch the fish. I have Master Angler on my main and decent progress on 3 others.
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    Took me about 600 cast before finishing cold harbour. My last one was the blue ghoulfish I think. Took about a hundred alone just for that fish. Got mine by the waters of the tower of lies. Felt great to get and then totally let down cause not 1 perfect roe from all that fish.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got master fisher about 4 months ago, and i did it solo, (it took about a week and 9/10K total bait) i know the drop rate is supposed to be higher if your in a group or maybee RNGeesus looked down favourably of me for that week, but if you cant get a group together, just go fishing!
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the hardest part of Coldharbor was just seeing the fishing spots. (could be my TV settings) I found it easier to swim through the larger water bodies which made it easier to see the spots.

I went through 4 - 5 stacks of bait for one fish in Shadowfen to complete the Master Angler quest. It's RNG, keep at it and you'll get it eventually. Love my pink dye! :s