Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Glass staff

pala_the4th
pala_the4th
✭✭
I dont really care about the other stuff but all I wanna do is craft a glass ice staff. I have the darn malachite for it (combine 10 shard to get it etc).
But I have only 6 fragments motifwise, and even if I combine them, it could be greaves or something, and not a glass staff.
I looked at couple of guilds and did not see the motif for sale. How do you suggest I go about it?
EU XBone
High Elf Sorcerer
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet would be to buy it from a guild trader. First I would gather four more fragments to create a page and try your luck though.

Maybe you'll get it, or can trade it to someone else in exchange for the motif you want. Check a bunch of guild stores for the lowest price and good luck!
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Thanks, what would be the best way to get the rest of the motif fragments? I have been getting them from the blacksmithing writs, but they suck because it takes too long.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, what would be the best way to get the rest of the motif fragments? I have been getting them from the blacksmithing writs, but they suck because it takes too long.

You can buy them from traders obviously, or buy the whole motif from crown store. That's the main reason why it takes so long after all.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get a friend to craft it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont really care about the other stuff but all I wanna do is craft a glass ice staff. I have the darn malachite for it (combine 10 shard to get it etc).
    But I have only 6 fragments motifwise, and even if I combine them, it could be greaves or something, and not a glass staff.
    I looked at couple of guilds and did not see the motif for sale. How do you suggest I go about it?

Zeni was counting on this, and have helpfully made the glass motif available in the Crown Store. >:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Any of you know a trader who sells the staff motif only?
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But you know that in order to learn any of the glass motifs you need to have 10/10 skill points invested into main passive of any of the following: blacksmithing, woodworking or clothing. And in order to put those skill points up to 10, the crafting skill has to be at max 50 lvl.
    So if you don't meet the above conditions atm and you want the glass now, asking a friend for help is the only choice.
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    I am on XB1 EU with 9 Traits on staves and all motifs except Akaviri if you still need one and are compatible let me know.
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    I am 50 in blacksmithing, and 46 in woodworking and clothing. Not sure if I need to be 50 in woodworking though for the stave.
    I have 9 passives in blacksmithing and woodworking but I have skill points I can use if the need arises.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am 50 in blacksmithing, and 46 in woodworking and clothing. Not sure if I need to be 50 in woodworking though for the stave.
    I have 9 passives in blacksmithing and woodworking but I have skill points I can use if the need arises.

You don't need to be 50 in woodworking for glass staves. Lvl 50 in blacksmithing is enough to learn the glass motif (and then craft in this style in clothing and woodworking as well even if they are at lower levels) provided that you have 10/10 skill points invested into blacksmithing.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on EU PC and can craft in glass with 50 woodworking and most traits unlocked. If I can help let me know.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the offer, but I am on EU Xbone.
    Isn't it time they pooled the console servers? I dont see anyone in Craglorn and it is a forced group area.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass staffs rule.... I make one for every magic based toon I run. Looks awesome, maybe the best of them all actually.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer, but I am on EU Xbone.
    Isn't it time they pooled the console servers? I dont see anyone in Craglorn and it is a forced group area.

I don't think MS would be in for that but maybe making it so you can trade between EU and NA should probably happen.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured