Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fishing for Soggy Sacks

VShane
VShane
✭✭✭
I don't fish. I simply 99% of the time since Beta throw that guts/crawlers etc shite away. Bored last night, went fishing, got old bait, Roe (not perfect mind you), but I did get a soppy submerged backpack. It stayed in my items for several days, was going to sell it to merchant for 1 gold, then I accidentally right clicked it, and seen the drop menu.....USE..... was listed.
HUH
I was curious as to what this wet sack would do for me, to my surprise it was 2 grain solvents. WEIRD
Is this an occasional normal thing? Getting crafting materials for something other than Provisions?
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    VShane wrote: »
    I don't fish. I simply 99% of the time since Beta throw that guts/crawlers etc shite away. Bored last night, went fishing, got old bait, Roe (not perfect mind you), but I did get a soppy submerged backpack. It stayed in my items for several days, was going to sell it to merchant for 1 gold, then I accidentally right clicked it, and seen the drop menu.....USE..... was listed.
    HUH
    I was curious as to what this wet sack would do for me, to my surprise it was 2 grain solvents. WEIRD
    Is this an occasional normal thing? Getting crafting materials for something other than Provisions?

Its a fairly common thing, find a wet gunny sack with some crafting materials inside. Usually nothing spectacular but sometimes something good.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • BigSwole703
    I went fishing recently and ended up with about 20 gunny sacks. I got 1 rekuta and 2 kuta. Most of the time though you get pretty low end stuff.
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    well good to know, I'll have to fish more often I guess.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for thread title
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    went fishing, got old bait,

There are 4 water types, and 4 main baits in the game. If you use the correct bait for the water you are at, then you will always get a fish. If you use the wrong bait, then you get a varying chance of a fish or used bait. I think there is a secondary bait that gives a better chance than the others to get fish. But, for best results, use the correct bait for the water you are at.

Now, you can also catch bait items, like Roe (not perfect) or Minnows etc. This is also bait that can give 100% chance for a fish/sack if used at the correct fishing spot. Note, the bait you get at one water type is never used at that fishing hole, it will be used at a different water type.

All this information can be found in the Guide to Fishing in Tamriel that should be part of your Eidetic Memory.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    ah ok, that was going to be my next question if the appropriate bait is around for synergism with that water type. Thanks!
  • scmlego
    scmlego
    and once you follow that guide for bait your fishing catch will go up a whole bunch.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HUH

Always use those soggy sacks.I've gotten some nice items out of them.Also,if you dont want your guts,etc,keep them until you get a stack of say 200.Then sell them in your guild store for quite a tidy sum.Same fort insect parts,like Butterflies.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Once I found a guitar in one :p
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I normally don't fish, but when I did I found once few Gunny Sacks with few Kuta's in it.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    HUH

Always use those soggy sacks.I've gotten some nice items out of them.Also,if you dont want your guts,etc,keep them until you get a stack of say 200.Then sell them in your guild store for quite a tidy sum.Same fort insect parts,like Butterflies.

Especially the worms
    Us keen fishers can never get enough worms
    Also like Jimboo84 I've got Kuta out of a gunny sack. I wouldn't rely on it though. I've gotten a lot of Ta as well.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    HUH

Especially the worms
    Also like Jimboo84 I've got Kuta out of a gunny sack. I wouldn't rely on it though. I've gotten a lot of Ta as well.

As I don't fish much I was surprised, but for sure it was random luck. :smile: No need to rely on.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    HUH

Especially the worms

OH! Ta not T&A, and here I thought you had a " line " on picking up dates in ESO ;)

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First time I "caught" one I destroyed it because I was short on space.

Second time I "used" it and got two kuta!

The moral of the story? Never trash your soggy sack.