Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tension in the Pact

catcher51
catcher51
Obviously the Dunmer and Argonians don't get along, but I have looked through quite a bit (though far from all) of the lore and I cannot figure out why any other dislike exists. What reasons do the Dunmer and Argonians have to dislike the Nords and vice versa? There just does not seem to be a reason for "You all hate each other!" as Sheogorath puts it. If it is explained in other games, then my apologies as I have never played any TES games besides the first 20 minutes of skyrim at a friends house. Thanks!
EP Dunmer DK Dual Wield - Allamus

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
— General Omar Bradley
  • Sarkaeth
    Sarkaeth
    Soul Shriven
    Some of the Dunmer great houses are notorious for enslaving the Argonians and still in the Pact slavery isn't prohibited. Still sensible Dunmer have released their Argonian slaves and replaced them with ones from other alliances(Except the Telvanni).

Now about the Nords there aren't really big issues...It's just that the Nords are slow to trust people, especially Elves. They fought the Alyieds, the Snow Elves etc, so thge distrust makes sense.

Most curious thing though is the Argonians joining the Pact. Noone has managed to penetrate the Black Marsh so that leaves a mystery about them. Plus there are the Hist trees who guide the Argonians. The Hist told them about the Oblivion crisis before it happened, so Argonians charged into thegates as soon as they spawned, also the Hist trees speak of Sithis and worship him. Pretty mysterious and badass stuff. So maybe the Hist also told them tojoin the Pact for survival etc. Who knows...
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • catcher51
    catcher51
    Interrsting thank you! Like I said I don't know a ton about the lore but it seems really interesting. Maybe I'll pick up a cheap copy of skyrim down the line. Too much work right now lol.
    EP Dunmer DK Dual Wield - Allamus

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
    — General Omar Bradley
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some war-history between the Nords and the Dunmer, but most of it is 1st Era stuff.

The Argonians are widely believed to have started the Knahaten flu, which is supposed to be epidemic during the ESO time, so maybe they are disliked for that reason.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.