Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

question about the VET PVP (low level dudes, have no chance)

Icaruzs
Icaruzs
✭✭✭
hi guys i'm a v4 makicka sorcerer, and i started last wekend in azura star, unlike black water i felt a huge diference. In black water blade i can own a 45+ character with my lv 20 character, but in vet pvp i can't even scratch v16 people with my v4 dude, and also i get one shoted my so many tings (even using all my bubbles, like harness magicka,hardened ward,healing ward and boundless storm).

The character window say that i'm scaled V15, but doesn't seems like it

Why low lv characters are almost useless in vet pvp? (we are only usefull using siege) why it doesn't follow the pattern of non vet pvp?

(Also the lag 10x worst in vet pvp x_x)
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Mate,
    It can be difficult, how many CP do you have? Is this your first character or an alt? What gear are you wearing? Which sets etc. As they help massively.

I am running an alt in Azusa ATM he is VR2 now and I'm having loads of fun and killing a few vr16 1v1.

Let me know the above and I will try and help if I can.
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
    Options
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    It's my first char

well i have 40 cps. My gear is all purpble/blue, i use 1 keena, 2 pieces of will power (staff and ring), 2 pieces of adroitness. The rest is all regular gear with magicka enchantes

i'm a breton makicka sorcerer, and my spellpower with my gear and power surge is 2k scaled (1,8 without PS). I saw people with 4k, and i don't know how to achieve it.

i use destro/resto staff. 6 light and 1 medium (the keena)

My destro bar is force pulse,cristal frags,daedric curse,streak and daedric mines

My resto staff is harness magicka, harneded ward,boundless storm,power surge and healing ward. (for some reason in pve my harneded ward/harness magicka can absorb 9k and in pvp just 5k)

I use random traits, but i'm tring to research divine traits, i'm a tailor.

I use the aprentice munduns stone for more spell power

I use health/magicka food, and health/stamina/magicka potions

If you guys can help me that would means a lot
    Edited by Icaruzs on February 4, 2016 5:59PM
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »
    hi guys i'm a v4 makicka sorcerer, and i started last wekend in azura star, unlike black water i felt a huge diference. In black water blade i can own a 45+ character with my lv 20 character, but in vet pvp i can't even scratch v16 people with my v4 dude, and also i get one shoted my so many tings (even using all my bubbles, like harness magicka,hardened ward,healing ward and boundless storm).

Why low lv characters are almost useless in vet pvp? (we are only usefull using siege) why it doesn't follow the pattern of non vet pvp?

The way battle leveling currently works, V4 can be tougher than V16. Not sure which particular armor sets they are using, but I have encountered some V4 players that were beasts. Might require upgrading V4 sets to gold.
    Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure all attributes are in magicka and armor enchants as well. Put most CPs in elemental expert. For a destro build, your burst comes from overload. I use a similar build on my v1 sorc with 5kags, 3 magus, 3 warlock. I play super defensively weaving crushing shock and medium attacks until I have ultimate built, then curse, proc'd frag, streak to stun them, activate overload while they're stunned, then light attack until dead. Works reasonably well and I can regularly take out higher vet players.
    Options
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of things you need a good 5 piece armour set, you have good jewellery, try running julianos, also purple quality is fine. Use food and also immovable pots they are a must in cyrodiil preferable with health and magician regen as well.

Regarding your skills, I personally only use 2 wards in cyrodiil hardened and healing ward, also don't put both on your back bar you need to keep pressure up whilst applying your wards otherwise if someone puts pressure on you you are stuck on your back bar reapplying shields and can't get off the back foot.

Put hardened ward on your front (destro) bar, obviously the healing ward needs to stay on the restro bar. I would put streak on your restro bar so you can healing ward dodge roll and streak, that combo will get you out of trouble.

What ultimate do you use? I would advise overload (for the extra bar), then put mines and volcanic runes on the overload bar, that way mages wrath can go on your destro bar it's by far one of the best skills for getting kills in cyrodiil. If not use meteor and dawnbreaker and drop power surge put mines on your restro bar and mages wrath on your destro.

Your CP is low which won't help, but I hope these pointers help.

What alliance are you?

Good luck and keep at it.
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
    Options
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Kryank wrote: »
    A couple of things you need a good 5 piece armour set, you have good jewellery, try running julianos, also purple quality is fine. Use food and also immovable pots they are a must in cyrodiil preferable with health and magician regen as well.

Regarding your skills, I personally only use 2 wards in cyrodiil hardened and healing ward, also don't put both on your back bar you need to keep pressure up whilst applying your wards otherwise if someone puts pressure on you you are stuck on your back bar reapplying shields and can't get off the back foot.

Put hardened ward on your front (destro) bar, obviously the healing ward needs to stay on the restro bar. I would put streak on your restro bar so you can healing ward dodge roll and streak, that combo will get you out of trouble.

What ultimate do you use? I would advise overload (for the extra bar), then put mines and volcanic runes on the overload bar, that way mages wrath can go on your destro bar it's by far one of the best skills for getting kills in cyrodiil. If not use meteor and dawnbreaker and drop power surge put mines on your restro bar and mages wrath on your destro.

What alliance are you?

Ty for the tips, i will try to put hardened ward in my main dagame bar. i remember when i was getting ganked i could only heal, bar switch takes so much time, everytime i tried to switch to damage my wards were down and i was dead, and lag makes it worse.

I will be using dawbreak in destro staff and overload in the resto staff.

My bars now

Destro lighting staff:

Crushing sock, cristal frags,curse, endless fury,hardened ward and dawnbreak of smithing (all dmg and a ward to survive)

Resto Staff:

Streak,daedrick mines,harness magicka,power surge,healing ward and energy overload

(i want to have harness to fell safe, totaling 3 wards, daedrick for the root, healing ward+ dodge+ streak as you said, power surge for more dmg and overload in resto, so i can bufff before activate it)

Overload bar:

Streak, Cristal frags(not sure, maybe volcanicc rune), daedrick mines,endless fury,hardened ward

(Streak for scape/stun, daedrick for root, endless fury to end after a few light attack,hardened for defense )

Why do you sugested volcanic rune? from what i remember those rune takes ages to activate, and it's on the ground, a good player always move. Is it the same concept of the daedrick mines? someday he will step in it and get ***?

Link to my bars/build: http://eso-skills.com/skill?z=VBGhzMj@DPxExbf%DTfjXlP@DSewE3W:DTfjYGg@DPxEz6W&p=909290829072045204620472048240515113512351333051306330733081309191629172918291921013102210321042105231513162317231823192&a=520000&j=t&q=610&w=00&m=0

With julianos set i can reach 4k spell power? (maybe 3700/3800 since i don't use dual weild) my spell power is rly low, my curses is hitting 2k5, as well my frags and mines. My force pulse reaches 1,5k (500x3)

I',m from DC, breton. Home harderus (i think) and guest azura star
    Edited by Icaruzs on February 4, 2016 10:52PM
    Options
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    A guild mate of mine uses volcanic rune and really likes it because of the knock back. If we are sieging a keep he puts them in front of doors where reinforcements come from usually.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my first char

well i have 40 cps. My gear is all purpble/blue, i use 1 keena, 2 pieces of will power (staff and ring), 2 pieces of adroitness. The rest is all regular gear with magicka enchantes

I use health/magicka food, and health/stamina/magicka potions

If you guys can help me that would means a lot
    Make sure your gear is V4, potion and food are V1. Swap for V5 when you level, you'll notice a difference. Under battle leveling, the effectiveness of your gear and consumables drops as the difference between them and your true level increases.
    Edited by driosketch on February 4, 2016 11:29PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    I use some itens below 1 or 2 levels of my character, just the armor is affected? or other things? what's this effectiveness you are talking about? the damage and resistency get damaged if i don't have gear of my level?

in my non vet char i use gears 10 lv below my char, how this will affect me?
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On your nonvet character for instance, look at your total resistance while battle leveled. Than look again after you gain a level. Your battle leveled resistance should have gone down. Same goes for your set bonuses.

I had to recheck potions and food. They were supposed to drop a tier relative to when you reach the next tier. But it looks like now they all level to a flat VR15 tier. I think your armor enchants may also retain a flat value.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    everyone is getting 1-3 shot, regardless of rank. Players can get a weapon/spell damage of over 4K, allowing things like snipe and wrecking blow to hit for over 10K in open combat. from stealth it can be devastating. the average HP pool is about the mid 20Ks, so you are looking at 3 shot kill capabilities, even against VR16s with high quality gear. its tough to get used to.

also, you need more CPs. Your resistance and damage also should have gone DOWN after leaving BwB, as battle level should have been taken off automatically upon reaching VR 1 (yes, you are made weaker than a non-vet character. :() meaning you will take more damage from things than you did in blackwater blade.

ts not impossible to play as a low vet though, It has never been that way, I was killing VR8s and VR10s as a VR3 back in the days of wabbajack:D I advise you to up your weapon/spell damage as much as you can. use sets that boost it. As a mana character you are most likely going to need a high regain rate, so look into that as well. Use food buffs to boost your stats, the buffs can make a lot of difference. make sure you have enchantments on everything (health and magic or only magic seeing as how you are mana based) and if stealthed players are bothering you, work in radiant magelight somehow, it will make your life alot easier.
    Kryank wrote: »

What alliance are you?

Ty for the tips, i will try to put hardened ward in my main dagame bar. i remember when i was getting ganked i could only heal, bar switch takes so much time, everytime i tried to switch to damage my wards were down and i was dead, and lag makes it worse.

I will be using dawbreak in destro staff and overload in the resto staff.

My bars now

Destro lighting staff:

Crushing sock, cristal frags,curse, endless fury,hardened ward and dawnbreak of smithing (all dmg and a ward to survive)

Resto Staff:

Streak,daedrick mines,harness magicka,power surge,healing ward and energy overload

(i want to have harness to fell safe, totaling 3 wards, daedrick for the root, healing ward+ dodge+ streak as you said, power surge for more dmg and overload in resto, so i can bufff before activate it)

Overload bar:

Streak, Cristal frags(not sure, maybe volcanicc rune), daedrick mines,endless fury,hardened ward

(Streak for scape/stun, daedrick for root, endless fury to end after a few light attack,hardened for defense )

Why do you sugested volcanic rune? from what i remember those rune takes ages to activate, and it's on the ground, a good player always move. Is it the same concept of the daedrick mines? someday he will step in it and get ***?

Link to my bars/build: http://eso-skills.com/skill?z=VBGhzMj@DPxExbf%DTfjXlP@DSewE3W:DTfjYGg@DPxEz6W&p=909290829072045204620472048240515113512351333051306330733081309191629172918291921013102210321042105231513162317231823192&a=520000&j=t&q=610&w=00&m=0

With julianos set i can reach 4k spell power? (maybe 3700/3800 since i don't use dual weild) my spell power is rly low, my curses is hitting 2k5, as well my frags and mines. My force pulse reaches 1,5k (500x3)

I',m from DC, breton. Home harderus (i think) and guest azura star

thats a decent build. play around with it and see if you can make it work. Edit it as you see fit until you have something that works very well for you.
    Edited by Cody on February 6, 2016 8:27PM
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have gear that if your level for pvp, being levels above your gear sets you back a ton with battle leveling
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only advice to you is get some armour sets and make sure 4 pieces are impen... this will minimize crit damage which for me was the ultimate killer..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nota Bene: Battle scaling works in a way that it is only efficient if and when your gear is at your actual char level. Even one level lower (as in gear V3 at char V4) will already take away something like 10% of all your stats. At two below, the reduction effects become significant.

Same goes for food and pots: If you use one tier lower, you lose out.

In this day and age of maximizing everything, this disadvantage is killing you. Aside from CP, the new battle scaling system is the largest influence.

Also consider that you are fighting opponents that have sufficient skill points to unlock any and every passive their class & build is offering. That and choosing AS, which has the highest density of long-time, dedicated PvPers, explains a lot.

Not much you can do aside from upgrading items, ensuring sufficient skill points and "git gud" (as stupid as this sentence is).
    Edited by Leandor on February 9, 2016 11:20AM
    Options
  • Devve
    Devve
    you gotta view vet pvp and non-vet pvp as 2 completely different games. when you zone into vet, you can expect most people to be wearing BiS gear and rolling high cp.
    its not that you dont stand a chance, its just a whole different game.
    once you get around 250+ CP(very easy to achieve btw), you get on a much more even playing field.

a great way to really judge your skill as a player is to get some duels going on. for pc that can be a little harder to do than on console, but 9/10 times most ppl would love to duel you. most pvpers spend majority of their time running in circles just looking for some1 to fight.
    to excel from good to great, you need to know all the classes, not just yours. learn how to counter different speccs. learn who your strongest/weakest against.
    it takes time, but its worth it
    Options
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    use velocious curse, crystal frags + soul assault (until you get meteor). this combo destroys alot of melee builds especially nbs. if your fighting another sorc its all about sustain and keeping shields up.

hardened ward on your front bar really makes a difference too. i run it on both bars.

if you can fit it in, running inner light on both bars definitely helps out at lower levels.

ideally you want your gear to be no more than 1 level below you. it makes a big difference in battle leveling. julianos set is good.

if you can get to around 2500 spell dmg and 36k+ magicka you should be ok.
    Options
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest healing, it helps. Also damage does ttoo . At least you are helping by negating a hot
    Options
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    My only advice to you is get some armour sets and make sure 4 pieces are impen... this will minimize crit damage which for me was the ultimate killer..

I think shields don't crit. So i'm running divines with the aprentice.
    Devve wrote: »
    you gotta view vet pvp and non-vet pvp as 2 completely different games. when you zone into vet, you can expect most people to be wearing BiS gear and rolling high cp.
    its not that you dont stand a chance, its just a whole different game.
    once you get around 250+ CP(very easy to achieve btw), you get on a much more even playing field.

a great way to really judge your skill as a player is to get some duels going on. for pc that can be a little harder to do than on console, but 9/10 times most ppl would love to duel you. most pvpers spend majority of their time running in circles just looking for some1 to fight.
    to excel from good to great, you need to know all the classes, not just yours. learn how to counter different speccs. learn who your strongest/weakest against.
    it takes time, but its worth it

What's a BIS gear?

About the duel i would love to find someone to duel and learn the basics, because in the midle of battle you can't undertand what's going on. Practicing in pve enveryoment is not that good.

I also see in king'richard and deltia'gaming chanel that there are place where people gather to duel. But i can't find where is it. I play in harderus and azura. Is there a specific campaign that people use to duel?
    Leandor wrote: »
    Nota Bene: Battle scaling works in a way that it is only efficient if and when your gear is at your actual char level. Even one level lower (as in gear V3 at char V4) will already take away something like 10% of all your stats. At two below, the reduction effects become significant.

Same goes for food and pots: If you use one tier lower, you lose out.

In this day and age of maximizing everything, this disadvantage is killing you. Aside from CP, the new battle scaling system is the largest influence.

Also consider that you are fighting opponents that have sufficient skill points to unlock any and every passive their class & build is offering. That and choosing AS, which has the highest density of long-time, dedicated PvPers, explains a lot.

Not much you can do aside from upgrading items, ensuring sufficient skill points and "git gud" (as stupid as this sentence is).

My gear is not updated, because is really hard to find spell power gear. Right know i can't buy orsinium, do you think that i can get the julianos v5 gear thought guild mechants? or any other spell power set like martial knowledge (i still don't have all the traits to craft it)

##Skill bar

Guys what are your thoughts on replacing crushing shock with destructive reach (lightning staff). Destructive reach hits rly hard, and stuns the enemy for 2 seconds. The Downside is that it's a projectile so can be dodged, and also it have higher mana cost copared to crushing shock.

Did you guys already used destructive reach in magicka sorcerer? I think the skill is rly good, even with the Dot effect, that can be purged. I see some magicka DK's using it with a fire staff.

I use staff because i don't have rank 7 in the alliance tree, so no magicka detonation :( (Right know i'm rank 5)

And what are your thoughts about the duel wild x destro staff

DW= More spell dmg no light/heavy attack, no mana recovery with heavy attacks, no weapon skill tree to use, just the last passive that grants in 5% dmg

Destro staff= Less spell dmg, can light/heavy attack, can use heavy attack to regen magicka, have a weapon skill tree that can be used. Can inflict status.

What do you guys think? (So many questions x_x)
    Edited by Icaruzs on February 9, 2016 6:51PM
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should be able to wear julianos even without owning the dlc. It's a 6-trait set, so you should easily be able to find a crafter. As long as you have upgrade passive unlocked for tailoring, you could even upgrade it yourself. Martial knowledge is a drop set that you can farm in Cyrodiil by yourself, just do dolmens there. Not sure which ranks it comes at, I guess it starts at V10. MK 5-piece is not worth it, go 4-piece there and add a 5-piece crafted set with DW to maximize.

Magnus, Torug and Seducer are three other craftable sets that are decent and are 2/3/4 traits. As to jewellery, Magicka Furnace and Soulshine are sets with neck & ring that could give you another set bonus. Check on guild traders. With jewellery, it makes sense to use even under-level set pieces as the set bonus is worth more than what you'd get using on-level non-set pieces.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can siege you can use a resto staff. Also many vr 4s can do well and some can't most iortant thing is having armor at you level to make use of battle level you might have vr1 armor and weapons. This will gimp you severely.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use velocious curse, crystal frags + soul assault (until you get meteor). this combo destroys alot of melee builds especially nbs. if your fighting another sorc its all about sustain and keeping shields up.

If that is what you are using then you are playing against bad NB's, soul assault is probably the worst ultimate against NB's as a simple dark shadow will interupt it.

Greater storm atronach is good against NB's...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭

If that is what you are using then you are playing against bad NB's, soul assault is probably the worst ultimate against NB's as a simple dark shadow will interupt it.

Greater storm atronach is good against NB's...

thats what i used to beat v16s as a v1 sorc. now that i have meteor i use that.

and it actually does pretty good if you hit them with a frag and pop soul assault while they are knocked on their back.

if youre the guy on the battlefield using storm atronach please dont give me advice
    Edited by Saint314Louis1985 on February 10, 2016 2:25PM
    Options
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Yup it's all pretty much on how well you distribute your champion points put loads into bastion to make your shields strong, and also it's good to have good crafted armour sets, when i was level 35 on my sorc I was able to beat nooby V16s
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i can craft you 5/5 julianos set if you wish, i dont know if you are EU or NA though.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saint314Louis1985 - well good for you for killing all those nb's... I am pretty sure i was not one of them..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op - here's one of your issues. In Blackwater, you were facing mostly players with no champion points. In Azura's, you are not. Because of the battle leveling, most players with hundreds of champion points will play their toons in a vet campaign, because their friends are there, and because they can. I play my level 35 characters in vet campaigns because with the battle leveling I can run with my guild and be fine.

Second issue...Blackwater players are inexperienced. They just are. You're owning level 45s when your way lower than them because they don't know what they're doing. If I were playing Blackwater and you hit me as a level 20, I'd know how to react. I'd go into defense, weave behind you, know my bar backward and forward, and put you in the ground. That's what you're encountering in the vet campaigns now...players who are seasoned and know how to react to an attack.

Continue earning the champion points and continue learning your character. In a month or two you'll be a lot less green playing in vet areas.

Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107 - When last were you on BWB???

There are hundreds of MAXED CP players running around there,
    Veterans like yourself running low level builds on BWB..

Roll yourself a lowbie and go and play on BWB..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+

Options
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    i
    @Saint314Louis1985 - well good for you for killing all those nb's... I am pretty sure i was not one of them..

i was giving the op some tips that worked for me when i was low vet level in pvp.

stop trolling this post youre providing nothing.but bs
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The way battle leveling currently works, V4 can be tougher than V16. Not sure which particular armor sets they are using, but I have encountered some V4 players that were beasts. Might require upgrading V4 sets to gold.

They're just good players that thanks to battle levelling aren't held back by Stats.

Vet16s will always have a slight statistical advantage though.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 11, 2016 1:51PM
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a hell of a lot better than what it was - I remember going Vet from Black water blade - just got killed over and over nothing I did had any effect and I was a waste of space we got battle levelled to a poor equipped vet 1, at least now we get battle levelled to Vet 16 with good gear. .

However I still think the power level of the top 1% is insane. People call it skill but when a sorc can get a 25K shield or a WB can do 10K+ damage with one hit this isn't skill. I don't care how skilled someone is if the other guy can spam 1 attack 3 times and kill you and if you dodge or block he can just spam it again and nothing you do can inflict more than 5% of his health you can't win. If you ever did get him down to 30% health he would just run.
    Options