Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recipes confusing

VShane
VShane
✭✭✭
Trying to find the right recipe level for the right character level. Why isn't this info on the recipe like it is for the materials for crafting?
What is the Value = Level comparative. I searched, googled, maybe I am wording it wrong. This is nuts trying to go from vendor to vendor looking for specific recipes, its enormously time consuming, and half the time I want to say F**** it. Whats the point of provisioning when you can't even list click recipe by alphabetical order or even effective consumable level?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until I got to grips with it, I too had the same issue.

It doesn't matter what your Character Level is, only what your Recipe Improvement Level is. Below is the Recipe Improvement Level (numbered) and the Character Level recipes you can make at the respective levels:
    1. Level 19 Recipes.
    2. Level 29 Recipes.
    3. Level 39 Recipes.
    4. Level 49 Recipes.
    5. Veteran Rank 5 Recipes.
    6. Veteran Rank 10 Recipes.

However, within each RI Level there's multiple Character Level recipes (i.e. RI Level 1: has Character Levels 1, 5, 10 and 15 and Level 2 has Levels 20 and 25). The most efficient way I found of identifying the highest Character Level recipes (and therefore XP earning) in each RI Level is to just look at the boosts they give.

From what I found, Stat Recovery recipes are typically at X0 levels so I stayed away from these and then I looked at the Stat Increase boosts, when this was higher (~3500) they were at the X5 level and when lower (e.g. ~2500) they were at X0 (obviously respectively within each RI & C Level band).

I didn't bother with Quality Level as it's quick enough to level as it is just by maximising your XP gains following the aforementioned process.

Edit: but yeah, it's annoying af how they don't tell you on the recipe.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on February 4, 2016 10:10AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VShane wrote: »
    Whats the point of provisioning when you can't even list click recipe by alphabetical order or even effective consumable level?

The Recipe lists can get quite cumbersome over time, especially once you learn a couple hundred or more (out of 535 total to learn).

However as long as you keep your Provisioning Recipe level at the same level as your character can use, the trick is to just look at the end of the list, as they are listed by level.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    Great advice here, thanks for the input, one thing that escapes me though, there are no " fields " of veggies. I kinda wonder where it all comes from, everything is in boxes
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VShane Well, when I was on my travels I did come across a field up by Holgar's Hold (or something like that) in NW Stonefalls. That must supply Tamriel.

Let me know if you need some help finding provisioning ingredients. I know a few great places in Ebonheart that saves you spending gold.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    VShane wrote: »
    Great advice here, thanks for the input, one thing that escapes me though, there are no " fields " of veggies. I kinda wonder where it all comes from, everything is in boxes

Walmart ships them to Tamriel.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured