Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

magicka Templar pvp

xNinJaxHaMst3rX
Hey guys
So as you all know of the little event of the release of fallout a few months ago, I kinda played the *** out of that and put this game down for a bit. I've been playing mageplar and from what I've seemed to have found to be the best build back then was the sweep spam with a little reflective light action.
Coming back I've been seeing a lot of dark flare spamming and RD. I haven't found anything useful on templars at all in the forums besides the posts on how bad they are but I don't have the willpower to level something else up until maybe my semester is over.

So what is the new hotness going on right now for this ever so lovely class?

I'll give a little run down of my current build.

Bar 1 dual weild
Puncturing sweeps
Toppling charge
Reflective light
Structure entropy
BoL
Devouring swarm

Bar 2 resto staff
Mist form
Purifying ritual
Channeled focus
Repentance
Steadfast ward
Solar disturbance

Personally, purifying ritual gets no use from me. Channeled focus as well due to heavy movement in pvp, and repentance is a pretty good move but it requires enemies to die first. Oops. Also I just seem to get dropped almost instantly whilst doing barely any damage myself in pvp.

Running all light armor at 16k mana, 13.5k health, m recovery is 760, spell damage is 882 and 20% crit
9k magic resist 6.5k physical.

Now I'm only VR3 wearing a mix of green blue and purples so thats shy my stats are pretty garbo compared to most others :l

Sorry for any typos or god awful layout, posting via my phone. But thanks for any help in advance
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey
    hmm yea your stats dont look that good at all can you craft some sets like 5x magnus + 3x torug's pact yourself? You would do a lot better.
    Also I hope your stats are without bufffood?

Here is a link to what Im rocking atm if you want to have a build thats not just spamming jabs:

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mozzytVzzW9c8bznQ8ffqh8fXiO8frrK8A4hI8jKEd8rFTc8rZp08bzLX8A4fM8A4hI8LxRF8N7mrDi6LDG8j7JrU06LUx8n7xLWQ6rWZ8y7rrR3a8O7mLdeB6rdeF8P7aLdYw8Y7VrfJN8zc7zzgeXm8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Im using 5x Twiceborn Star set with Attro and Apprentice mundus stones (sometimes Im using Shadow and Thief for max crit damage which sadly is not that effective vs shields) 3x Torug's Pact 1x Molag Kena and 3x Willpower with magicka and stamina regen drinks

and some screenshots of my unbuffed (inner light active) stats:

nU8RsVu.png

Tqkq4Ar.png

btw Purifying ritual is one of the greatest defense skills you can purge all incoming projectiles before they hit you. This is including meteors snipes and frags. It increases your bol by 30% and removes snares dots debuffs and stuff

I hope I was able to help if you have any questions just ask :)
    Edited by Springt-Über-Zwerge on February 3, 2016 6:59AM
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • xNinJaxHaMst3rX
    Hey
    hmm yea your stats dont look that good at all can you craft some sets like 5x magnus + 3x torug's pact yourself? You would do a lot better.

Yes they are flat stats. And I was just gonna add when in pvp and I'm bumped up to vr15 we're looking at
    1350 spell damage
    20.5k magicka
    21.8k health
    11.6 spell resist
    8.5 physical resist

(Still poopy)

Awesome man! I really dig that build. Im gonna go respec now to try that out. Love 1h and shiled.
    Your stats are awesome as well! I'm nervous to make set items at my level since I'm still leveling. (i assume it doesn't level with you)
    Edited by xNinJaxHaMst3rX on February 3, 2016 7:06AM
    Options
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey

Yes they are flat stats. And I was just gonna add when in pvp and I'm bumped up to vr15 we're looking at
    1350 spell damage
    20.5k magicka
    21.8k health
    11.6 spell resist
    8.5 physical resist

(Still poopy)

Ah well thats a lot better :)
    what regens do you have? If you have 900-1k stam recovery and 1.6-2k magicka recovery you should do okay with these stats btw how many cps do you have my stats are with 493 that makes a huge difference too
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
    Options
  • xNinJaxHaMst3rX
    Hey

1350 spell damage
    20.5k magicka
    21.8k health
    11.6 spell resist
    8.5 physical resist

(Still poopy)

Ah well thats a lot better :)
    what regens do you have? If you have 900-1k stam recovery and 1.6-2k magicka recovery you should do okay with these stats btw how many cps do you have my stats are with 493 that makes a huge difference too

I have 800 magicka and 630 stam in pvp haha. Also only have 30 cps :neutral:
    Options
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, purifying ritual is like the best spell in the game, use it on my Stamplar all the time
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey

1350 spell damage
    20.5k magicka
    21.8k health
    11.6 spell resist
    8.5 physical resist

(Still poopy)

Awesome man! I really dig that build. Im gonna go respec now to try that out. Love 1h and shiled.
    Your stats are awesome as well! I'm nervous to make set items at my level since I'm still leveling. (i assume it doesn't level with you)

Stick to blue gear for pvp. Mats shouldn't be an issue at your lvl and the gear wouldn't be drastic to switch if PTS this month shows a new Templar gear standard.

Only use purple mats for max level. And keep gear matched to your lvl from vr14-16.

Otherwise have fun :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • xNinJaxHaMst3rX
    Minno wrote: »

Stick to blue gear for pvp. Mats shouldn't be an issue at your lvl and the gear wouldn't be drastic to switch if PTS this month shows a new Templar gear standard.

Only use purple mats for max level. And keep gear matched to your lvl from vr14-16.

Otherwise have fun :)

Yeah I do all the professions myself so I made a few things quickly, but I wish I saw this sooner as I made purple weapons, but the rest I'm going to make blues.

I took Springt-Über-Zwerge's advice on build and gear and in like the 10 or 15 minutes I worked on it I really felt a big difference!
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xNinJaxHaMst3rX - I run a really tanky build in pvp,

2 bloodspawn(1 heavy, 1 light) will replace heavy for light when i get it,

dual wield (torugs pact)
    sword and board(Histbark)

dual wield
    puncturing sweeps
    blazing spear
    Repentance
    focussed charge
    Dark Flare,
    U - solar prison

Sword and board
    rune focus,
    cleansing ritual,
    BOL
    sunshield morph
    Defensive posture
    U - Barrier

I have 30k magicka
    30k health
    10k stam....

The only issue i have is my stamina,
    I will be dropping my health a bit and increasing my stamina pool..

Regen on magicka is 1800, stamina around 1k, health 400

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options