Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should players have the ability to temporarily poison their weapons using alchemy?

Lil_Willie
Lil_Willie
✭✭✭
Its always been a little pest to me to know that you can make some strong negative effect potions and only apply it to yourself? I dont know if Im the only one that has that opinion so thats why I made this poll. Why or why shouldnt we have the ability to use negative potions (or poison) in a tactical manner? I.E. poison your weapon
Edited by Lil_Willie on February 3, 2016 6:01AM

Should players have the ability to temporarily poison their weapons using alchemy? 38 votes

Yes
94%
Gilvotheventide03b14a_ESOMaseriJar_EkValen_ByteUntrustedExistenzphreatophileShunraviGilGaladRajajshkaSethro_27Minscsmooth0401TarukmocktoJaeysaLolssiimrednecksonZiggyCEasily_LostKraziJoe 36 votes
No
5%
Voryn_DagothFrozenAnimal 2 votes
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what weapon glyphs are for.
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im not talking about weapon glyphs
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course.

Why do we have poisons in alchemy?

This is still, at least nominally, an Elder Scrolls Game.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Lil_Willie wrote: »
    Its always been a little pest to me to know that you can make some strong negative effect potions and only apply it to yourself? I dont know if Im the only one that has that opinion so thats why I made this poll. Why or why shouldnt we have the ability to use negative potions (or poison) in a tactical manner? I.E. poison your weapon

Would this apply only to stamina based weapons? If so would magicka weapons get something similar?
    :trollin:
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lil_Willie wrote: »

Would this apply only to stamina based weapons? If so would magicka weapons get something similar?

It would apply to all weapons. Even staves. So yes. A heavy attack from a poisoned staff would proc a alchemy effect.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make is happen!
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I could see it now, Start> Inventory> Weapon > Options> Enchant or Apply Poison
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Because it's in the game, I believe they plan to implement it at some point. The Dark Brotherhood DLC seems like a perfect time to do that. I'd like to see the effects reworked though. If I remember correctly, they have a high initial damage with a relatively small DoT and I'd like to see it evened out a little more.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course.

Why do we have poisons in alchemy?

This is still, at least nominally, an Elder Scrolls Game.[/quote

Exactly, if poison is never implemented, than about over half the alchemy effects are worthless
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    My guess is they should implement poisons in DB. Then the DB passives could increase the affect of poisons. Poisons should be significant but subject to the global 45 second cooldown for potions.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    We alchemist need something to do with all these regents with negative effects clogging up our inventory space not being use at all.