Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not Able To Get Writ

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
I created a new character and levelled his provisioning to 50 in Windhelm. I then went back to Davon's to start on the writs and there's no option to. Also no option in Windhelm.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Best Answers

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do the little intro quest? If you've leveled provisioning you get to skip all the running around and making stuff, the NPC will just outright certify you, but you still have to have that conversation before you can start doing writs.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, is he L6 yet? If not, you won't see the Writ NPCs that get you started.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ahh, is he L6 yet? If not, you won't see the Writ NPCs that get you started.
    ^This. I'm not sure why, but several updates ago they changed it so that you have to be level 6 or higher to get certified to do writs. When writs were first introduced any character of any level could get certified, but not any longer.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Answer ✓
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wayfarerx No I didn't. I literally created him, left him for a few days and went to Eastmarch where he's been since. When I returned to DW, the two NPCs (in the fighter's and the Mage's guilds) just aren't there so there's no option.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on February 2, 2016 7:47PM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor & @UrQuan
    Thank you, I'll log on tomorrow and get to 6 as I'm currently 5!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor & @UrQuan
    Thank you, I'll log on tomorrow and get to 6 as I'm currently 5!
    I still don't understand why they made this change to be honest. It seems much more logical to me to be able to do the crafting tutorials (which is really what the writ certification quests are) immediately after completing the Coldharbour tutorial. That way new players are more likely to understand the significance of those nodes they see when they're first questing. Maybe they were worried about people exploiting by creating new characters just to quickly do the certifications, but that's what the delete limit and timer are there to stop, so I don't see why they had to change this.

Oh well.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah possibly it's about exploitation but then it really doesn't take long to grind the mobs in the initial area. Maybe it's something to do with the XP from Bleakrock and saving Stonefalls from Covenant invasion actually gets you to 6 - meh I don't know but thanks for your help!