The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[TOOL] ESO Coloured MOTD

MrE
MrE
Soul Shriven
I made a small "tool" for creating colourful Guild MOTDs and "About" pages.

Tool: https://www.sirmre.com/eso-motd

Just type in your text, copy the output and paste it into your Guild message of the day and/or about page.
Here is an example result:
Gyz0Qjl.png

Hope you like it.

Ps. It's was coded a bit hastily, as I did it at 3am before a work day, so excuse what bugs you might find. However do let me know if you find anything broken. Also I assume this works on console as well (hopefully someone can enlighten me).
Edited by MrE on February 2, 2016 4:29PM
  • project-2501-84neb18_ESO
    Hi.
    This doesn't work on ps4 as when you select text you must select copy, delete etc after it.
  • solynar
    solynar
    The colors work on ps4... Source: guild motd is full of colors
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • MrE
    MrE
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for letting me know it works on Console, good to know!
    @project-2501-84neb18_ESO I am not sure I understand what you mean? Is it a bug with the UI on PS4 or the actual code generated by the tool?

Thanks again
    MrE wrote: »

@project-2501-84neb18_ESO I am not sure I understand what you mean? Is it a bug with the UI on PS4 or the actual code generated by the tool?

Thanks again

Hi again
    Its just the intended function of the ps4s select function.
    When selecting text as soon as text is selected a box comes up with commands like copy, delete etc.
    There is no way to exit the box and leave the text selected as far as i can tell.
    So without being able to leave text highlighted there's no way to pick the colours.

But colours do work on the console versions of eso, we've been changing them around a lot recently.

Thanks
    MrE wrote: »

Thanks again

Also just so you know, when using the tool on my phone the text box shows over the colour picker, so i can select text but when i try to click any part of the colour picker it unslects the text as im clicking inside the text box again :)
  • MrE
    MrE
    Soul Shriven
    Hi again
    Its just the intended function of the ps4s select function.
    When selecting text as soon as text is selected a box comes up with commands like copy, delete etc.
    There is no way to exit the box and leave the text selected as far as i can tell.
    So without being able to leave text highlighted there's no way to pick the colours.

But colours do work on the console versions of eso, we've been changing them around a lot recently.

Thanks

Ahh I see, sadly there is little I can do about that I think :neutral:
    Also just so you know, when using the tool on my phone the text box shows over the colour picker, so i can select text but when i try to click any part of the colour picker it unslects the text as im clicking inside the text box again :)

To be honest, the tool was never meant for the phone. Text needs to be selected for the tool to know what part it is you want to add colour too, as sadly again.. I don't think there is much I can do about that on mobile :(.

Sorry
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any idea how to make bullet points and lists?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Synfidie
    Synfidie
    ✭✭
    Note: This tool does not work well. Don't waste your time. Yes, this is a Necro, but it's the top result in Google and don't want to waste anyone else's time.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have an updated version of this? Cos this tool no longer works
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens