Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

research traits / metallurgy / stitching carpentry not worth it?

fiftypercentgrey
fiftypercentgrey
✭✭✭
I didn't find a recent thread on this one: those traits don't offer anything besides the research times? I didn't bother with nirncrux but got everything else. Is there any benefit in keeping those research skills?
ἀπόκρυφος
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't find a recent thread on this one: those traits don't offer anything besides the research times? I didn't bother with nirncrux but got everything else. Is there any benefit in keeping those research skills?

Only two reasons to keep the skills I can think of, one of which you already noted. It takes 59 days IIRC to research nirncrux the ninth trait without the perks. That's a lot of research days to get all nirn traits researched.

Second scenario is the addition of new traits to research. I finished all my research last April, and took all skill points out of those lines. I have a few to spare in case new traits are ever added, but I see no reason to hold them for now.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 7, 2016 5:02PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find someone to make you nirncrux stuff for cheap, you might consider re-thinking your stance - some of the 9-piece sets are pretty good. That being said, if you don't want anything else to do with research, nah - get rid of them.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've done all of the research you're going to do, then there's no reason to keep skill points in those passives. Which reminds me, now that I've got 9 traits researched on everything, I should probably go and do a respec on my crafter to get a couple of skill points back...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)