Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoilers] Soul Survivors in Coldharbour

Hyade
Hyade
Is there any way to refuse the NPCs at the end? I tried to intimidate them but the game just continued as if I had no say in the matter. It looks like this used to give the player the option to refuse.
I am not going to jump off the cliff to save these jerks, so I have to just leave the quest unfinished? I thought the npc must be bugged, so I tried to go out the portal next to them only to have it take me to the entrance of the dungeon (the opposite side of where I just was).
Edited by Hyade on February 1, 2016 12:26AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this last night and thought exactly the same, but I wanted the XP & completion so took the leap :( I sold out
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember whether it was ever possible to refuse or not (at least, outside of beta). Out of interest, why do you not want to jump?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hyade
    Hyade
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I don't remember whether it was ever possible to refuse or not (at least, outside of beta). Out of interest, why do you not want to jump?
    First, they trick you into going there. They do not tell you their intentions until the end. Second, unless I am mistaken, from completing the other quest in the area you learn that each of these three tortured souls is responsible for their town getting dragged towards oblivion. They each sold out the rest of their villages for various selfish reasons.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyade wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    First, they trick you into going there. They do not tell you their intentions until the end. Second, unless I am mistaken, from completing the other quest in the area you learn that each of these three tortured souls is responsible for their town getting dragged towards oblivion. They each sold out the rest of their villages for various selfish reasons.

Ah right, thanks for the reminders! It's definitely a bit strange that they decided to remove the option to not jump, even if it was before launch.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Just done that quest the other night, I got a bit lost and was just kinda wanting to finish it up quickly. So I didn't really read what the NPC had to say and ran and jumped (while on my horse) and died. So I ended up back at the entrance portal and after a quick chat with some NPC, I was apparently done :)

Other words... I have no idea what just happened
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    joker0137 wrote: »
    Just done that quest the other night, I got a bit lost and was just kinda wanting to finish it up quickly. So I didn't really read what the NPC had to say and ran and jumped (while on my horse) and died. So I ended up back at the entrance portal and after a quick chat with some NPC, I was apparently done :)

Other words... I have no idea what just happened

I know what happened to you,

Death is the ultimate Solution.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hyade wrote: »
    Is there any way to refuse the NPCs at the end? I tried to intimidate them but the game just continued as if I had no say in the matter. It looks like this used to give the player the option to refuse.
    I am not going to jump off the cliff to save these jerks, so I have to just leave the quest unfinished? I thought the npc must be bugged, so I tried to go out the portal next to them only to have it take me to the entrance of the dungeon (the opposite side of where I just was).

Just jump.It's a game,for Christ's sake.The moral situation shouldnt even be an issue.Jeez.
    I jumped and didnt die.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, actually after you jump - you die but than you are resurrected ;).
    Today I watched my friend jumping first and I saw his dead body on the rocks below, so it was definitely death :p .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."