The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think mount upgrades should be account wide?

nans_biscuits
nans_biscuits
✭✭
I personally think they should.
- It takes approximately 180 days to max a charachter's mount. This is way too long considering you have to start fresh on each new charachter (I understand it is 180 x 20 hours not 24 but realistically no one is going to stay up and upgrade their mount the second it becomes available, not to mention *** happens and sometimes you skip a few days)

- Little to no one is buying mount upgrades from the crown store as they are just not worth it. (I actually think if mount upgrades were account wide they would see way MORE sales of crown mount upgrades, as they would now be somewhat worth it. So loss of money really isn't a problem here)

- If mount upgrades were account wide it would save players a lot of time and frustration. (Having thousands of hours on the game, yet going back to square one with 0% mount speed on a new charachter discourages the creation of new characters.)

- I personally see no downsides, other than people who may like feeling slow and going through the charachter building journey again with a role-play mentality? (Maybe it could be optional to please both crowds?)

- If mount upgrades were made account wide, what about the people who spent gold and time training their mount on multiple characters? Would they get a gold refund? Well I am one of those people, I made one charachter of each class on day one just in case I ever wanted to try the other classes out, and trained each of their mounts as often as I could. So right now I have 4 characters with max mount speed, stamina and capacity. It was a pain in the ass but it was my choice to do it so I don't feel like any gold refund or anything is needed. I would just be happy that other people don't have do it as well.

I'm interested to see what you guys/gals think as I see no reason not to do it.

Again, I don't think the response "they need to make money somehow!" Is really valid here as I'm sure we will actually see an increase in crown mount upgrades sold if it does become account wide, (people will buy something if it saves them real world time AND is somewhat worth it, right now it isn't)

For reference:
- Right now it is 1000 crowns for 10 days of mount training which is approximately $10 US dollars (I think)
- That's $180 per charachter
- Over $1000 if you want to max out 8 characters
Edited by nans_biscuits on January 31, 2016 11:36PM

Do you think mount upgrades should be account wide? 64 votes

Yes
62%
GilvothMojmirMaverick827NewBlacksmurfDrazekslumber_sandb16_ESONebthet78TazDaraughkuscoewalkerb812ub17_ESOShadowRukia3MBERNyghthowlertherrieurDDemonMason22Firerock2Emma_OverloadAeius 40 votes
No
37%
KallistaBlackheartGidorickItsMeToohaploeb14_ESOMoonshadow66ZaeniddValveEnodocChuckyPayneDerNachtfalterwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOZorrashiJa50nXTwilix01OurorborosRunaanTheShadowScoutcode65536NénlindëPeel_Ya_Cap_517 24 votes
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I know I voted yes, but personally I think they should save to the character slot not the character and be able to train all character slots without logging into them 1 by 1.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes... and Crown Store horse lessons need a 90% cost reduction!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes but only if it's 1 upgrade per day per account instead of per character. Otherwise exploiters would keep making and deleting characters to upgrade the horse and max it in a day.

Wait... Pretend I didn't say that.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would be inclined to sending money ZOSs way if they made their crown store upgrades account-wide.

My only gripe to the OP, is there official ZOS source that shows what and how much of what is being sold in the store (or just the horse upgrades)?
    However, I do agree with the issue of the upgrades not being account-wide.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The riding skill change is such a blatant time sink, but the worst part is that it came under the guise of helping players.

"Now you get to switch between whatever mount you want!"

Great. Only now it takes three times as long to max a mount, because you can't have a speed horse, a stam horse, and a mule anymore.

I also can't prove it, because it's been over a year since I really played this game, but I'm fairly positive I had speed and carry maxed on one of my characters, but I did not receive them maxed after the conversion.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Taternater wrote: »
    I voted yes but only if it's 1 upgrade per day per account instead of per character. Otherwise exploiters would keep making and deleting characters to upgrade the horse and max it in a day.

Wait... Pretend I didn't say that.

there is a cap of deleting char's one every 24 hours or something :P
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They should just have the cost of upgrading your horse exponentially increase in price after you upgraded it once, then slowly decay back to 250g after 20hrs, kinda like when you use Wayshrines.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I said it in another thread, its the grind that isn't a grind and its annoying. I also had a replacement suggestion to fix it.
    riding lessons for speed and stamina now increase 2% per character lvl.