Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Issues with ghosting/motion blur in ESO

Jorotarr
Jorotarr
✭✭
I have a question regarding some tech stuff. I recently acquired a 24" 1080p monitor with a 144hz refresh capability and 1ms response time. I noticed that no matter how fast I moved the camera, ghosting wasn't an issue. It was pretty incredible. However, my Argonian horns, weapons from distant characters, thin pieces of hair when up close with NPCs, etc. all had jagged edges (this has been an issue before my monitor upgrade). I have a Geforce 970 4GB SC, and so I played around with settings in the Nvidia control panel with anti-aliasing. I noticed an improvement, but not as much as I would like. I then researched DSR and fiddled with that, and now run the game at 3840x2160 using DSR, and coupled with AA, the game looks and feels incredibly smooth! It's magnificent!

However, I have noticed that with the better configured settings, fast movement causes ghosting, so turning the camera or character causes some motion blur of background, such as city towers, mountains, trees, etc.

Any helpful advice on what to do to get rid of the blur while keeping the dope graphical settings would be much appreciated!