The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snake Blood: Does it have utility?

Refuse2GrowUp
Refuse2GrowUp
✭✭✭✭✭
The Snake Blood passive of the Alchemy tree...can someone enlighten me a bit?

Is this only for if/when poisons come online? Or do all potions made (ex. Tripots, Detect Pots) carry the negative effects of the ingredients that were used, and thus Snake Blood is always a useful passive?
PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
CP160 StamSorc
CP160 Templar Healer
CP160 Stam NB
CP160 Magica Sorc
Cp160 Stamplar
CP160 Magicka NB
CP160 DK Tank
CP160 Stam DK
CP160 Mag Templar
CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • M_TeK_9
    M_TeK_9
    ✭✭✭
    The Snake Blood passive of the Alchemy tree...can someone enlighten me a bit?

Is this only for if/when poisons come online? Or do all potions made (ex. Tripots, Detect Pots) carry the negative effects of the ingredients that were used, and thus Snake Blood is always a useful passive?

When you make some potions they have a "ravage" attribute. SB reduces that number.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snake blood reduce the counterpart of some potion. But let's be honest : it's a garbage passive, probably one of the worst in the entire game.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than relying on snakeblood to reduce the negative effects of potions is to not make potions with negative effects in the firstplace.

IIRC, the only potion effect that cannot be achieved without also having a negative part in the potion is armor. But since every class has the same armor buff in their ability list, its never needed.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are potions that have negative attributes that you otherwise can't make with only positive attributes. Like the armor ones.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a useless talent. Who would use a potion that has negative's when you can use tri-potion's or any other various combo without any negative attribute's.

The only way i could see it being useful is if there were potion's to increase damage and you loose health for example. Then ganker's could specifically use these potion's.

This passive remind's me of the new thieve's guild passive's. A lot of them are useless. Some people actually want to play with a high bounty and they are making passive's to make it easier to loose your bounty. I personally hate how my bounty deteriorates over time, i want to have a high bounty.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    I'm betting on a need for this and Stinkhorn, etc. Maybe with Dark Brotherhood dlc there will be a way to either put poison in someone's drink or on your weapon although the snakeblood passive would only be useful if another player was able to inject you with a poison tipped arrow or other weapon. Could be.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC