The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you want to PvP. . .

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Go to Cyrodil.

trying to insert PvP into PvE elements of the game like thieving or possible dark brotherhood ideas just does not work, did imperial city teach you nothing?

this is what happens: PvE
-gets upset because they can not just do what they are trying to do without getting killed, and continues to get upset, angry, and view the PvP players as d**ks for griefing them while they try to do their thing.

this is what happens: PvP
-gets angry at the PvE players for cluttering their PvP instances when they have no interest in PvP and irritated when they get upset for being killed when they are in a PvP environment.

and then you have a huge amount of troll potential in these systems were one skilled player sets out specifically to troll and frustrate other player (this is actually a large group I am sorry to say) by say committing a crime so all the "noob cops" come to try and catch you and slaughtering them over and over for the "lulz" or sitting as a cop in a well known thieving location (there are a few) to slaughter any people trying to get some thieving done. there not looking for a real fight or to test their skills, their just looking to amuse themselves by trolling others.

there are many other points but the result is this, they don't mix, it only leads to irritation and bad blood all around and splits the player base further. PvE and PvP need to be separated and not interact and be very clear when you are in one compared to the other.

that's why cyrodil works (in theory, in practice its a buggy zerg ball mess) you cannot accidently enter it, when you go in its specifically to PvP. you expect it, prepare for it, and set out with the intent of it.

and that's how it should and shall remain, if you cannot cut it fighting other PvP players who are ready for you then that's your problem, no need to go ruin some PvE players day cause you suck. XD

ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this rant for specifically?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    learn to play bud.

A majority of players play every thing.

pvp below vet 16 sucks and how do you think people get to max level?

The sewers is awesome, nothing better than fighting molag ball and your scum enemies at the same time.

FOR THE QUEEN!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is this a rant?- He basically pointed out what is the difference between PvE and PvP oriented players and why both play style do not mix very well. And he is spot on.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    learn to play bud.

The sewers is awesome, nothing better than fighting molag ball and your scum enemies at the same time.

FOR THE QUEEN!

1: umm bwah? I enjoy pvp, where did I say I didn't?

2: good, just don't mix them.

3: grinding

4: the sewers would be better if it was full time pvp and not cluttered with pve players taking up our faction space.

5: agreed!
    Edited by Wing on January 31, 2016 7:13PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Just to piggy-back on op's post, to those of you who choose to gank in the quest towns... do you do this because you can't beat someone on regular pvp?

I'm not a PVE'er complaining about this, as I just assume that whenever I go to Bruma or Cropsford six NBs will immediately pop out of stealth and try to spambush me, I'm just genuinely curious. It can't be a good way to farm AP.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    Go to Cyrodil.

trying to insert PvP into PvE elements of the game like thieving or possible dark brotherhood ideas just does not work, did imperial city teach you nothing?

this is what happens: PvE
    -gets upset because they can not just do what they are trying to do without getting killed, and continues to get upset, angry, and view the PvP players as d**ks for griefing them while they try to do their thing.

this is what happens: PvP
    -gets angry at the PvE players for cluttering their PvP instances when they have no interest in PvP and irritated when they get upset for being killed when they are in a PvP environment.

and then you have a huge amount of troll potential in these systems were one skilled player sets out specifically to troll and frustrate other player (this is actually a large group I am sorry to say) by say committing a crime so all the "noob cops" come to try and catch you and slaughtering them over and over for the "lulz" or sitting as a cop in a well known thieving location (there are a few) to slaughter any people trying to get some thieving done. there not looking for a real fight or to test their skills, their just looking to amuse themselves by trolling others.

there are many other points but the result is this, they don't mix, it only leads to irritation and bad blood all around and splits the player base further. PvE and PvP need to be separated and not interact and be very clear when you are in one compared to the other.

that's why cyrodil works (in theory, in practice its a buggy zerg ball mess) you cannot accidently enter it, when you go in its specifically to PvP. you expect it, prepare for it, and set out with the intent of it.

and that's how it should and shall remain, if you cannot cut it fighting other PvP players who are ready for you then that's your problem, no need to go ruin some PvE players day cause you suck. XD

And how exactly am I supposed to play in cyrodiil?

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    And how exactly am I supposed to play in cyrodiil?

your question is to vague could you be more precise? what seems to be your problem?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would solve this problem? Create a cyrodil server that has gated access so that when one faction earns the right for gated IC other factions can't enter. That way, pvers can experience IC without worrying about getting ganked, griefed, and teabagged. O wait, because of ZOS stupid mechanics, teabaggers can keep their alts in IC forever, even after they die and grief the hell out of pve players. GG
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • cyx54tc
    cyx54tc
    ✭✭✭✭
    you know....the existence of tvs multiplier is to compensate pver rite..
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this rant for specifically?

HAHA took the comment right out of my mouth.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix the lag in Cyrodil and then maaaybe PVPers will leave the sewers ^_^

But free telvars and AP is too tempting
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    learn to play bud.

FOR THE QUEEN!

The queen I beheaded in the AD areas? She was annoying :P
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD