The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hiding Mount Upgrades - getting rid of that ugly face mask!

TerraPython
TerraPython
✭✭✭
Hi people!

I just wanted to share a recent discovery with anyone who is like me and has spent hours trying to find a way to remove those ugly face masks and bags from your mount as you upgrade him. It might be common knowledge, but I didnt find anything on the fourm when I looked - so here it is;

Go to Settings > Gameplay > Items > Hide (item to be hidden)

This works just in the same way as hide helmet option, and makes your mount look nice again! :)

Personally I like the speed straps - but the armour and the bags just take away from the aesthetics! But then again, just my opinion.

Screenshot for reference;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G3tcIbzxLYNkpwaUpyZEdxWkk/view?usp=sharing
501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this was possible and had been meaning to look it up. That animal cruelty on my Guar!
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi people!

I just wanted to share a recent discovery with anyone who is like me and has spent hours trying to find a way to remove those ugly face masks and bags from your mount as you upgrade him. It might be common knowledge, but I didnt find anything on the fourm when I looked - so here it is;

Go to Settings > Gameplay > Items > Hide (item to be hidden)

This works just in the same way as hide helmet option, and makes your mount look nice again! :)

Personally I like the speed straps - but the armour and the bags just take away from the aesthetics! But then again, just my opinion.

Screenshot for reference;
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G3tcIbzxLYNkpwaUpyZEdxWkk/view?usp=sharing

Didn't know this option existed. Thanks for the heads up! +1 Awesome
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! Only just got back to game and didn't realise we could do this, it'll make my horse much nicer to look at.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a decent feature, though many here wish we could play with our mounts like with our character appereance... select different styles of saddlebags, armor, etc., maybe dye them even, doll up our monts to match the character... Oh, well... someday, perhaps.
  • TerraPython
    TerraPython
    ✭✭✭
    Its a decent feature, though many here wish we could play with our mounts like with our character appereance... select different styles of saddlebags, armor, etc., maybe dye them even, doll up our monts to match the character... Oh, well... someday, perhaps.

Yes! I think this would be good extra functionality! At the moment - I just use the Dye Station to match my char to the mount - its the best I could come up with!

I am however, desperately awaiting a character appearance change option - I don't care if it is a scroll costing in-game gold, or a crown option costing real money! My character appearance is doing my head in, and it needs to be changed.

He was created on day 0 of launch - when the character build was a little bit buggy still, and without the option to properly zoom in. I was hoping to see it in thieves guild patch - but didn't see it mentioned! :(
    501CP - Ebonheart Pact - EU/PC
    Lvl50 - Emerian - Stamina DD Nightblade
    Lvl50 - Dintirri - Templar Healer
    Lvl50 - Malik Thos - Dragonknight Tank
    LvL40 - Tyrriath - Stamina Nightblade NonVet PvP

GM of Bad Apples - Casual and fun all levels socail guild, with events. Look me up in game if your interested
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew this was possible and had been meaning to look it up. That animal cruelty on my Guar!

Guars with the armor enabled look like rockets lol
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP