The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Really enjoying the game!

Ryknos
Ryknos
✭✭✭
Among all of the MMORPGS I've played in the past, there's only a select few I have come to admire because of the way that their core fundamentals stick with the core values in an MMO world. And I have to say this one is my favorite after WoW. I really like the story this game has and I enjoy the community very much and like that the community that plays this in general loves the game. I really love every one of the things I've done since creating my Nord Dragonknight; because literally, I have never done so many action packed things in any of the MMOs I played, like look at this list of things I have done:

-Escaped coldharbor and awoke in Davons Watch.
-Saved a village of Nord from a covenant invasion in Bleakrock Isle.
-Saved Bal Foyen Docks from covenant invasion.
-Learned about Mannimarco’s betrayal.
-Saved Lyris from Coldharbor, learned that sal sahan is actually captured.
-Saved Davon’s watch from covenant invasion.
-Restored trust on Senies’ survivors.
-Imprisoned Balreth, an ancient Demon entity.
-Discovered the truth about the brothers strife.
-United the Citizens of Ebonheart.
-Bonded an Argonian with a coral.
-Saved a village from a goblin and spider invasion.
-Saved an Ebonheart fort from a zombie invasion.
-Restored Kragenmoor’s control from the covenant.
-Saved Fort Virak from covenant.
-Saved a local village from Melbourne trying to take advantage of the plague.
-Rescued captured villagers from a Melbourne terrorist leader.

And on top of that you can do even more than that and not have to pay a single dime after buying the game save for the dlc which I actually find a little too overpriced for what it's worth.

The only things I dislike about the game is that the sprinting/running animation looks a little stiff on the torso/waist area and could use some reworking, also some more elements of Skyrim can be implemented that would make the game even better such as the wind speed system while falling, and more grunting sound effects while fighting in combat. Also a lot of people tend to say that you cannot play this game alone, personally I find this to be untrue, well from my perspective because I'm part of the Ebonheart Pact, and none of what I mentioned above is boring or dull to do in any way.

Overall my final verdict for this game is a solid 8.5/10!

I can see that the devs put in a lot of work into the game and creating the lore, I would definitely love to see more content in the future, I would also like to see some novels based on the lore of the online universe be implemented, hopefully they can reduce the price of the dlc in the future, and hopefully improve the animations of the characters.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have no problem with a subscription, if it is worth it. I am paying my subscription for EVE online since 2008 for several accounts and the game has never disappointed me. So far (I am not quite 2 months in ESO) I am impressed with what ZOS has achieved. I never liked "locking on" to targets in other MMOs and especially I prefer to play in 1st person - and ESO provides me with both ways to play the game, what is even better, because I switch a lot between both modes.

I think as well, like the OP, that quests and story are far better than I expected in an MMO and voice acting is really good - I use english, so I can just tell what english voice acting is like. I somewhat would like to hear an irish accent, but maybe that is just because I got so used to Cait in Fallout 4. In short, the voice acting is very good, but some of the NPCs, which randomly comment or say something when I pass by, could have a few more things to say, it is a bit repetitive. But that non-story NPCs do that at all, like in single-player TES games, is awesome. Overall it feels like a single-player game, with multiplayer option. I like that a lot, I never liked the PvP focus of other MMOs, a TES game should be about lore and landscape in the first place.

And ZOS delivers on that - and I valued that by becoming an ESO plus member - I think this game has a great future ahead and will be around for years to come. It's audience will adjust though and the whining on the forums will cease - hopefully.