Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

new player here, WTB good advices

Artørias
Artørias
Soul Shriven
Yep, as title says, im a new player, well, i started to play one year ago, but only for few weeks, i rolled a character to lvl 45 then i left the game and i just returned recently, dunno why, but i did.

I like the game, is funny, can offer lot of things to do, lot of builds to try, and im having a good time.
2 days ago, with my leveling buddy, i decided to give cyrodill a shot, i mean a full new region open pvp ? Hell yeah !!!.

Well my enthusiasm stopped 8-9 minutes after having logged in in a campaign.

thousands of ppl just spamming arrown, aoe, and stuff, i killed 20 nightblades ( the quest u take at base), without having a cle of what i was doing, EXTREMELY laggy, i mean my pc is good and game runs smooth all the time, but seriously 9-11 frames, no to mention the lag, god, 760+lag almost all the evening while on cyrodill, how am i suppose to play like that ? I can understand the huge frame drop because of high number of players, but latency is a serious stuff. Yep im vet levl 2 and i got one shotted basically by everyone, but i do not care, what i care is right now, cyrodill for me is off limits, do not want to die, because i cannot move due to lag.

Just this. Oh yes if anyone can tell me, why vendors on cyro have vet 1 gear but not vet 2-3-4... well will do me a favour. I often heard ppl who suggest, julianos gear, how am i suppose to find it ?

Yes i could search on google to spare you the work, but i already found these forums on google, so i do not want to disturb it more :smiley:

Oh last thing, these veteran ranks, are boring, i mean i'd like tryng others classes, like dk , templars, but well i won't because farming 16 veterans lvl is boring. This is it, Any help would be appreciated, any suggestion u can give to a new player.

TL:DR : Cyroyll is laggy, huge frame drops due players. Give me any advice since im a new player TY.

oh yes, not Eng native speaker, so if u need to mock my gram, do it with style :wink:
Edited by Artørias on January 31, 2016 3:12PM
Do not belive in yourself, when u can believe in me.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the game. I know what it's like trying to leave here, it just keeps bringing you back. So let me break down your issues:

Low FPS and bad lag
    1) Are you using extensions? If so remove them. I've noticed "Foundry Tactical Combat" and "MiniMap by Fyrakin" taking a huge impact on framerate; for example I usually get 50-90fps without but with them I get around 5-22fps.
    2) What else is using your network? Check your Task Manager and find out what else could be using the internet on your computer; or if you know what you're doing find out who's using your network throughout the house. Your game may be impacted by other data on your network.
    3) Are you using Wi-Fi? If so use Ethernet. Gaming on Wi-Fi is horride, especially in MMO titles like this.
    4) Are you using wireless controllers/keyboard & mouse? If so they'll cause some latency when it comes to input. I can't imagine it making a big deal on a game like this but still for reference purposes it's good to know.
    5) Do you have sufficient hardware? Make sure you're meeting the system requirements, and try lowering the settings in game.

Advice
    1) Don't grind. This game is great if you don't grind, the world stories it tells are good. Take your time and try not to rush, maybe take a breather just go exploring.
    2) Stick to Vet-less PVP (lvl 50 and under). PVP in Vet campaigns is just bad, don't take my word for it just explore the forums.
    3) Invest in crafting. Create your own weapons, armor, pots, runes, and food. It'll save you tons of money and you can make a fair bit too. Not only that you'll be able to take advantage of your own crafted set armor. A good site to find armor set locations and what the armor set does is here.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well where do we start...
    1)Cyro is LAGGY(also BUGGY). For everyone(or at least 99.9% of people), especially at primetime, and ZOS is apparently incapable of fixing it though they're supposedly continuously "looking into it". Try less populated campaigns/playing at different hours when there aren't 100v100 zergs spamming aoes on each other. Also try lowering your settings, especially the number of visible particles or whatever it's called one, this one does wonders in Cyrodiil. Try to find some smaller scale PvP where you might actually learn to PvP some as opposed to lagging out in a zerg. Join a guild that's interested in that kind of stuff maybe.

2)Elite gear vendor sells, iirc, v14 gear, supposed to be scaled to v16 with next update. The rest, I don't really remember, sorry. Either way, Julianos is a crafted set(a good one indeed, if somewhat boring) that requires 6 traits and is located in Wrothgar. If you don't know the traits yet/don't have the DLC you could ask someone to craft for you easily enough, plenty of people with 6 traits out there. You might want to get onto learning those traits yourself though, they'll definitely come in handy ;)

3)A lot of people agree vet ranks are boring, especially on character #4+, so ZOS will be removing them...soon™. I think closest estimate so far was Q2 so at a guess I'd say ~6 months from now. I don't suppose it'd help you much right now but still, something to look forward to ;)

Also if you haven't yet looked into it look into the whole CP system - Champion Points. It is what will ultimately (supposedly) replace the vet ranks progression(it also means any xp you earn now won't go amiss when vet ranks are removed) and they make your character noticeably more powerful. Current CP cap is 501 CP(you can earn more but not spend them). Distribute the CP wisely and try to have some fun ;)
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artørias wrote: »
    these veteran ranks, are boring, i mean i'd like tryng others classes, like dk , templars, but well i won't because farming 16 veterans lvl is boring.

Veteran Ranks are being phased out this year.

Your characters ALL get ALL earned champion points, the CP your first character earns... your new DK has waiting for them.
    The CP your new characters earn will be waiting for your 'Veteran' character to spend on themselves.

The only reason to chase V16 on ANY character, is because we don't know HOW we will earn the last 15 Attribute & Skill points once they take away Veteran Ranks.
    We WILL earn them, but on a different formula... every so many CP earned will unlock an attribute point & a skill point.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One question the others didn't answer: Julianos is a crafted set. You can't find it, but you can make it (if you have the skills) or get another player to make it for you for a fee or possibly free.
  • Artørias
    Artørias
    Soul Shriven
    Ty all, i appreciated ypur help guys. A qestion : Crafter sets like julianos, can be only crafted, but where do i get the recipe to do it ? And, im vet lvl 2, do i need to craft it for every veteran rank, or does it scale with me ?
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    You do not need a specific motif to craft Julianos set gear. Just travel to Great Bay wayshrine in Orsinium and I believe, go south to the Julianos crafting station. Once you are in any of the crafting stations, make sure you set yourself on "set apparel."

And no, the armor doesn't scale or "grow as you grow" so you'll have to decide how many veteran ranks you desire to grow without crafting new veteran gear.

Enjoy your new armor! ;)
  • Artørias
    Artørias
    Soul Shriven
    heyewe wrote: »
    You do not need a specific motif to craft Julianos set gear. Just travel to Great Bay wayshrine in Orsinium and I believe, go south to the Julianos crafting station. Once you are in any of the crafting stations, make sure you set yourself on "set apparel."

And no, the armor doesn't scale or "grow as you grow" so you'll have to decide how many veteran ranks you desire to grow without crafting new veteran gear.

Enjoy your new armor! ;)

oh.. do i need both dlc's for new armors ? Because right now i have just vanilla game
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    Artørias wrote: »
    heyewe wrote: »

Enjoy your new armor! ;)

oh.. do i need both dlc's for new armors ? Because right now i have just vanilla game

yeah, julianos is in the Orsinium DLC. There are, however, MANY crafters out there. I would just ask and see if someone could make it for you so you can save your $$

AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    You would need the Orsinium dlc to get to the crafting station to make that armor, but you could probably wear it if you can get a friend or guildmate to craft it for you. (Can anyone verify this ?)
    Also, the way you unlock crafted sets is by researching traits, each crafted set requires that you have a certain number of traits researched for the piece you are trying to craft. I am not sure how many traits you need for the Julianos set as I currently don't have Orsinium either, hehe
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phranq wrote: »
    You would need the Orsinium dlc to get to the crafting station to make that armor, but you could probably wear it if you can get a friend or guildmate to craft it for you. (Can anyone verify this ?)
    Also, the way you unlock crafted sets is by researching traits, each crafted set requires that you have a certain number of traits researched for the piece you are trying to craft. I am not sure how many traits you need for the Julianos set as I currently don't have Orsinium either, hehe

Yes, all crafted sets, regardless of location, are BoE(Bind on Equip). So a guildie/friend can perfectly craft for you.
    Julianos set requires 6 traits.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    The only reason to chase V16 on ANY character, is because we don't know HOW we will earn the last 15 Attribute & Skill points once they take away Veteran Ranks.
    We WILL earn them, but on a different formula... every so many CP earned will unlock an attribute point & a skill point.

This was answered a few weeks ago:
    What will happen with those attribute points we got for veteran ranks?

You will now earn the extra attribute/skill points while leveling up from 1-50. Here's a quick chart to help explain it better

Level - Bonus Attribute/Skill Points
    5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

Note: This is different than what I posted in November last year. We've been iterating on the design for a bit now and this is a much more straightforward approach.

Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA