The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK mobility

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am DK and i don't want mobility. I want sustain and power, so my enemies will need some escape skills.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ZOS dilemma..Who has roots ? Who has snares ? Who has move buffs ? Who has gap closers ? Who has gap makers ? Who has evasion skills ? Who has blocking skills ? Who has Armour buffs ? Who has Weapon buffs ? What belongs to race ? What belongs to class ? What belong to armour tree ? What belongs to weapon tree ? Should there be a utility tree ?
    Should the class tree be utility trees in which case....why do class trees have weapon and armour skills that should exist in the armour and weapon trees.
    If the class tree was supposed to be magicka versions of stamina based armour and weapons...why was stamina made class neutral and magicka class specific to begin with ?
    Did someone conclude stamina users hate classes and magicka users don't ?

I am sure there was a plan at some point with...
    weapon/armour trees + werewolf + fighters guild (ie stamina and physical damage) vs
    class trees + vampire + mages guild (ie magicka and spell damage)
    ...but now the plan (if there ever really was a truly working one to begin with), is unknown.

For one thing every magicka skill needed a stamina equivalent (as magicka and stamina should be class neutral and balanced)
    But it could never balance without a neutral resource or magicka version of movement, block and dodge roll.
    Saying well....we'll give more of the one used for block/dodge/move... doesn't work, as you are double dipping a resource making management much more difficult than the other...and thus instantly harder to play and unbalanced.
    The only way to do that would be to partition stamina into two parts.
    A move/dodge/block/sneak part and an ability/skill part.
    But then how does stamina regen work on both partitions that doesn't make it harder to manage than magicka ?
    Please..give us:
    a) A separate resource for run/sneak/dodge/block that is magicka/stamina neutral ..or
    b) Magicka versions of run/sneak/dodge/block that engage with a dynamic combat switch to balance resource use for hyrbids (right click physical/magical ward....levitate instead of sprint..teleport instead of dodge roll...cloak instead of sneak).
    ie All magicka use magicka pool version. All stamina use stamina pool version. Hyrbids use combined pools and both versions.

Every class appears to have a Healing, Tanking and Damage tree.
    So although they were originally setup to be Trinity Neutral, in reality they made blatantly better tanks, healers or dps.
    This created problems with attribute allocation which should have been the Trinity biasing tool.
    What we now get is an Attribute vs Class Trinity conflict or double dip if you like.
    Please..give us:
    a) Attribute Ratio locked classes (+ new hyrbids) that are trinity specific and scale all skills/abilities off of attributes...or...
    b) Trinity neutral classes and scale all skills/abilities off of attributes only without class bias.

The result of this chaos is everyone driving competing agendas to fix the problem.
    A problem that should never have existed and been resolved at the design stage.
    Rather than someone taking lead and making a balanced working design...they just stuck their head in the sand and let it fester.
    Leaving the likes of us...in this thread..on this forum...arguing about what should be done.
    Thats why I said if ZOS haven't got the aptitude to do it properly then they need a proper Maths guru who can.
    You don't use a programmer to make artwork models..you use an artist.
    You shouldn't be using a programmer to design mathematical combat models.
    I am sure they know maths quite well but they are not the experts.
    The min/maxers on here run rings around the design/class imbalances and laugh all day long while exploiting them.
    The min/maxers need to try everything and conclude no build offers any real benefit....so... just play how you want.
    When the FoTM builds stop, I will know its been fixed.

TL;DR
    Potato.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on February 1, 2016 9:48PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited