The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Help Me L2Lowbie PvP (Stamblade)

Heindrich
Heindrich
✭✭✭✭✭
My experience of lowbie PvP is very limited, so I'd appreciate some advice/answer as I prepare my lv37 Imperial NB for some Blackwater Blade action :)

On gearing:
  1. Back when I last tried it, I was told that your max health/stam/magicka, wpn/spell dmg, physical/spell res and recovery were all fixed by battle-leveling, but affected by passives and CP... is this still the case?
  2. If 1) is true, then doesn't that mean it's pointless to use lowbie Agility 3-piece set since only 5-set bonuses matter?
  3. I assume that 5-set bonuses like Willow's Path and Hunding's Rage do work in Blackwater Blade even though they provide bonuses on weapon dmg and recovery. Is my assumption correct?
  4. Do glyphs on your armour/jewellery matter? i.e. are they added on top of the base battle-levelled stats?
  5. If I am right about 2) and Agility jewellery is useless... what jewellery do stamina builds use in lowbie PvP? I had Warlockx5 when I played Magicka, are there good Stamina equivalents? Gold is no object, but it can't be absurdly rare that I won't find it for weeks (like Lich set). I considered Ravager x5, but I'm not sure if it's any good without Caltrops and I'm not sure if I can even buy them at all at convenient levels.
  6. I hear that gear quality really matters in BWB now, and that you need to use gear close to your level... but to what extent? Say I am lv40 and using lv40 Legendary gear, how much stronger will that be vs Blue gear? Also due to battle leveling, will my character actually get gradually weaker as she levels up, if she is still using that lv40 gear?

On tactics
  1. I will be playing solo and aiming to skirmish or "1vX". Ganking is not beneath me :D but is it even possible to burst people with "one shot" builds in lowbie PvP, given everyone's battle leveled health and resistances, and relatively low offensive stats.
  2. More likely I will use Willow's Path (assuming it works) and roll a sustain Bow/2H build...
    • Currently my skill bars look like this:
    • 1) Poison Injection 2) Bombard 3) Double Take 4) Mass Hysteria 5) Dark Cloak U) Soul Tether
    • 1) Surprise Attack 2) Executioner 3) Crit Rush 4) Retreating Maneuver 5) Rally U) Soul Harvest
    • How does it look? Anything important I missed out? My idea is to use my mobility, Fear and Bombard to control fights if I am outnumbered and try to burst one target at a time after weakening him with Poison Injection (I am guessing/hoping that there will be fewer purgers in BWB...)
  3. Is werewolf any good in BWB? How does battle levelling work with WW passives? I assume u still get the stamina regen bonus?

That's a lot of questions, I'd be very grateful if any veterans of Blackwater Blade could help answer them.

Thanks in advance. ;)
Edited by Heindrich on January 30, 2016 3:42PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The battle leveling changed a lot recently. It's now affected by the quality level of your armor and weapons.

So those who spend the gold to outfit their lowbies in purple or yellow gear close to their level are ending up with some crazy weapon/spell damage.
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    You hve double take so i dont think u need maneuver, grim focus would b good. The gear scales accordingly to if you were v16. After 5 levels your gear will start to take a good hit. Tbh though you can probably get some decent stats if you have all blur set pieces. Having gold and purple gear is a bit overkill imo for bwb because only a small few are remade toons and you shouldnt need 3kweapon damage and 30k stam to wreck some newbies
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    And all set bonuses apply i beleive, just go with nightmother and hundings or something and it should get you where you need
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On one, battle leveling has changed. It takes into account the ratio of your attribute distribution and armor enchants. As well as the quality of your armor and weapons. Regen is lacking so it is best to go with drinks on a non vet. Keep in mind that potions and food/drinks scale to v15 if they are the same level as your character. They should drop off in effectiveness as you out level them.

Your loadout looks good, surprise might benefit more by replacing maneuvers with cloak. Or replacing it with wreking blow since you have execution on the bar.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah thx guys, I see Battle Leveling has certainly changed since I last tried out BWB on my DK. I guess that means I will roll Willow x5, Agility x3 (or Endurance if I decide to save some gold) and Night's Silence x3. I was planning to run the Orsinium gold food since Magicka recovery will help with cloaking as well.

Is crit a big deal in BWB like in vet campaigns? i.e. I plan to use Impen on all small armour parts, infused on big, please let me know if this is wrong.

Btw can anyone answer my question regarding one-shot builds? Ganking is not beneath me :D but is it even possible to burst people with "one shot" builds in lowbie PvP? If so I might craft myself some Hunding's Rage and Night Mother's Gaze as well >:)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    Ah thx guys, I see Battle Leveling has certainly changed since I last tried out BWB on my DK. I guess that means I will roll Willow x5, Agility x3 (or Endurance if I decide to save some gold) and Night's Silence x3. I was planning to run the Orsinium gold food since Magicka recovery will help with cloaking as well.

Is crit a big deal in BWB like in vet campaigns? i.e. I plan to use Impen on all small armour parts, infused on big, please let me know if this is wrong.

Btw can anyone answer my question regarding one-shot builds? Ganking is not beneath me :D but is it even possible to burst people with "one shot" builds in lowbie PvP? If so I might craft myself some Hunding's Rage and Night Mother's Gaze as well >:)

Haven't gone into bwb in a while, but.

Only high level sorc will have access to ward so crit should work pretty fine. I'd always use a few impen though.

I'd assume ww in good as no one will have access to dawnbreaker.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    ostrapz wrote: »
    You hve double take so i dont think u need maneuver, grim focus would b good. The gear scales accordingly to if you were v16. After 5 levels your gear will start to take a good hit. Tbh though you can probably get some decent stats if you have all blur set pieces. Having gold and purple gear is a bit overkill imo for bwb because only a small few are remade toons and you shouldnt need 3kweapon damage and 30k stam to wreck some newbies
    I actually have 30k stam 3k weapon damage on my new level 21 nb (5x hundings, 4x nights silence) mostly all blue gear with 1 purple. Also have 30k health. Problem is i suck at nb as dont know what the hell i am doing. It doesnt help that so many skills are locked.

Yes there is some noobs on the server, but there is also v4 v3s around with a lot of champpoints just staying in ic to gank etc.
    Edited by aLi3nZ on January 31, 2016 4:39AM