Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea to fix night capping?

Jasli
Jasli
✭✭✭
What about making point ticks during low resistance populations slow down? For example if one faction is able to roll around the map with little to no resistance to cap resources for scoring ticks the actual scoring evaluation time would slow. Obviously I am not a programmer, just thought something like this would be a possible solution. Hopefully that could not be exploited, but we know how that goes.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staying up and fighting is the only way
    Edited by imredneckson on January 30, 2016 8:39AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then you are essentially punishing players in a different time zone than you are. What may be night capping for us, is prime time for others.

I don't think anything needs to change regarding this IMO. As the previous person mentioned, there is always the option to stay up if you feel strongly or defending your emperorship.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's your fix for night capping.
    fry_drinking_coffee_futurama.gif
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    Then you are essentially punishing players in a different time zone than you are. What may be night capping for us, is prime time for others.

I don't think anything needs to change regarding this IMO. As the previous person mentioned, there is always the option to stay up if you feel strongly or defending your emperorship.

2d0.jpg
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

2d0.jpg

So?

Wadiya-224x300.jpg
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

2d0.jpg

So?

Wadiya-224x300.jpg

That's cute

1583bdecddcc55e4af6c8f8b04127860.jpg
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um players do know that some other players have say night jobs and sleep during the day and when they have off they play at night or there in different time zones or they just can't sleep.

Just cause you play during prime time doesn't mean every one does and the players who don't play during prime time should never be punished for it.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how all other online games have a curfew apart from this one!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    I hate how all other online games have a curfew apart from this one!

*Draws you a magical door back to these awesome games of which you speak.*

Fixed.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the time zones!!! There shall be only one time zone!!!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    The life of ignorance must be grand
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like ghostbane said, why not just enforce a game wide curfew because when I'm asleep it's not fair people can make AP or get new gear and mats if I'm not capable of doing so too. The game should be open from 8am est - 11pm est. thank you

Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta garner the sympathies of some 2nd/3rd shift workers, Australians, etc!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a fix YOU stay up and defend it! besides it is always daytime somewhere in the world restricting some people who live in those areas will do more harm than good. besides in real war it can be a valid tactic to attack while others are sleeping.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put the entire world in the same time zone and the sun never sets, It is not night for those that might be playing when you sleep, cannot penalize people for where they live. That's just the way it is the internet makes the world a very small place.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    people play in different time zones, hence punishing "night capping" is unfair, because what may be nighttime for you may be primetime for other people.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jasli wrote: »
    What about making point ticks during low resistance populations slow down? For example if one faction is able to roll around the map with little to no resistance to cap resources for scoring ticks the actual scoring evaluation time would slow. Obviously I am not a programmer, just thought something like this would be a possible solution. Hopefully that could not be exploited, but we know how that goes.

There is no such thing as night capping. Only a limited world view that seems unaware that ESO players are global. Changing the map during your off-hours means every time you log on, you are presented with a unique map and challenge.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Daladier
    Daladier
    ✭✭

How is that punishing them? There's no reduced points just a longer time for the points to tic. And how can you consider 1 bar population prime time? The only campaign that may stay medium pop or higher is azura's. No point in pvp when people are just pvdooring everything to turn the map their color every night after everyone goes to sleep. Kinda hard to win a campaign.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So long as there is an equal amount of players online on each faction during the 'night capping' period then there won't be a problem. Perhaps introduce a dynamic population cap during off-peak times so a faction can't get a large amount more players then another faction during that time.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    My prime time is not your prime time so *** off.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a cap for how much an alliance can outnumber the two other alliances. Then we won't have a poplocked faction choo choo'ing two factions with 1 or 2 bars each. Simple.
    Edited by Jhunn on February 1, 2016 11:40AM
    Gave up.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ban Pr**tch, problem solved.

nllnkrJdMdN28.gif
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'll just quote myself from another post a while back concerning why this isn't a timezone issue:
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Bla Bla Bla Australians Bla Bla Bla 24/7 campaigns Bla Bla Bla

That argument is completely irrelevant and I'll tell you why :

Australians exist, yes, they fight during the day when it's the night for most Europeans yes.

But just like Europeans, there's no reason that ALL australians are in one single faction. So the outcome of an australian day shouldn't result in a map fully turned one colour with all the scrolls, UNLESS some guild decided to PvD the whole map without opposition.

When in the middle of the night/day one faction is pop locked and the others are low, it's not a case of night shift workers or Australians, give me a break.

In any case, turning the whole map to your colour is rarely a result of PvP, but PvD, and I'll never understand why people join Cyrodil, a PvP zone, and enjoy doing zero PvP, whether it's daytime or nighttime

Because tbh, what's the point in capturing all scrolls/keeps if no one else is playing the map? There's zero challenge/achievement/reward for doing so, unless.... you are in fact not Australian and plan on playing both night and day to take advantage of the scroll bonuses that you earned so cheaply.
    It's never a good feeling to log on and to see you are locked back at your gates. I don't think people would complain if the nightcappers only took the majority of the keeps, and not the whole map.

Edited by Etaniel on February 1, 2016 2:53PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing needs fixed because this isn't broken.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously I'm sorry but how is this thread still open? There is nothing broken about night capping.

Like some people have day jobs and some have night jobs and some have super jobs.....

spider-meme-20.jpg

#SpidermanThread
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on February 1, 2016 10:24PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) After a night capping, you get to reflip the keeps thus affording more AP for you.
    2) If people want to specifically PVDoor all night, specifically when people are sleeping, that's there prerogative to do so
    3) If you feel its a waste of time to have to reflip the keeps after they've been taken, then DONT flip, someone else will eventually come along to reflip them.
    4) if this is consistently happening in your home campaign, change your campaign or get into a more active PVP guild. Hell, join one of those night capping ones, that way it's always your color.
    5) There is no issue.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No one is trying to punish people in different time zones.Obviously if you are pvping during a time where there is no population to fight against, then you are not really pvping. To sit there and say that this idea punishes players in different time zones who want to pvp in their "primetime" is a joke. If their intention is to pvp they will be on a populated campaign where they can find fights. If they are on a campaign where there is no population to fight against then their intention is not to pvp. The groups that are map flipping are not oceanic players, they are 24 hour players who usually cant play without an emp. They are unable to crown their emp during the campaigns peak hours, so they wait for the campaign to die down and they flip the map and then defend for well over 12 hours. The OP's idea gives an incentive to actually pvp. I'd take it even further and adjust the ap gains based on pop balance.
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Except I have guildies who only can Pvp after midnight because they work until then. We play in Azura's on Xbox Na and Yellow usually has at least two zergs running so there is plenty of zergs running. The busy campaigns will have people on no matter the time of day. If you are complaining about nightcapping on a campaign that dies down at night for your faction then why even pvp during the day since it probably is one sided any ways? A group of 12 fighting another group of 12 can be exciting compared to the lag fest that the daytime offers.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bomb everything thats not in NA. That'll solve your problem
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Except I have guildies who only can Pvp after midnight because they work until then. We play in Azura's on Xbox Na and Yellow usually has at least two zergs running so there is plenty of zergs running. The busy campaigns will have people on no matter the time of day. If you are complaining about nightcapping on a campaign that dies down at night for your faction then why even pvp during the day since it probably is one sided any ways? A group of 12 fighting another group of 12 can be exciting compared to the lag fest that the daytime offers.

It's neither here or there what time you and your guildies are able to play. If you guys choose a campaign that is under populated at the time when you can play and just flip the map with little to no resistance then you are not there to pvp. You are there because you want an easy win button. I understand the people that want small scale pvp and go to underpopulated campaigns to avoid lag but those people usually dont bother with objectives. the people that map flip do it because they are desperate to win the campaign and they cant maintain control of the map when there is opposition.
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!