Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clouding Swarm VS. Devouring Swarm

KingYogi415
KingYogi415
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Which one do you run and why?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit stamblade: Running clouding swarm since I have passives for 10% more damage done while invisable + 10% more weapon damage while invisable.
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    I run clouded because I don't need any more self healing, and I'm a medium armor Orc. I can pop clouded in most situations and sprint to nearest line of sights and be long gone.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clouding

Mostly because it synergizes rlly well with MagBlade (Concealed Weapon stunning while the Swarm is active for instance) but also cuz I can bust zergs just as well with Clouding + Sap Essence as with Devouring + Sap Essence
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP clouding because of the invisibility.

PVE clouding because of the extra damage while invisible unless you need the extra heals then devouring. In PVE it doesn't matter if your invisible in clouding NPC's know right where you are anyway it has zero defensive properties in PVE, which is stupid and sucks, IMO.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally use Devouring Swarm. Why?

A lot of the time when i use Swarm, it's when i'm outnumbered or low on health. With Clouding, i can still be killed by player's AoE's or player's who have already used piercing mark on me. Devouring Swarm however keep's my hp topped off and give's me a great opportunity to counter attack without the need to think about heal's.

Devouring does deal less damage then Clouding but it is not a significant difference if you are not one of these race's (Khajiit or Bosmer). I'm an Imperial so it's easy for me to use Devouring over Clouding Swarm. I prefer the healing compared to the 10% damage while stealth-ed (nb passive).

To top it all off, a lot of the time when i use clouding swarm i get cc'd and loose a lot of the potential to deal damage. You can prevent this with immovable potion's but i'm not using potion's every time i use clouding swarm. It's much easier to just use Devouring and see my player in action.

I know you loose the utility to stun with Veiled Strike (and morph's) with Clouding swarm but i would much rather cc with Fear instead since i can hit 3 people.

Clouding is a great option. Just i feel i die a lot more often with it. Even though your invisible good player's will just use AoE's and try to stun you. With Devouring, i can tank a lot of damage and go full offensive.

It feel's great to have 5% health, pop Devouring swarm and go right back up to 100% and kill off 2-3 player's who tried to kill you.

Pick your poison :)

I just want to reiterate, this is my opinion based on my experience's with this ultimate. I have played Vampire for a long time and experimented with either morph. Both morph's are very capable. Devouring just fit's my play-style and need's on the battlefield.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 1, 2016 6:12AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Accidentally double commented thinking i was editing my first post. My bad :D

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 1, 2016 6:10AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like devouring swarm will be nice. Which morph ultimate do you guys use?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clouding Swarm been broken since ages and ZOS didn't manage to fix it and it got changed and its not going to be fun to use it anymore.Devouring Swarm is mainly used by MagDK's/Templar's not as often as it used to be but still in use,regarding the damage they both suck compared to other ultimates.Swarm had his glory days but they're over unless someday they change invisibats and actually fix it it would be nice to use it again.

Edited by VoiDGhOs7 on February 3, 2017 6:56PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally see mDK or other gap closerless classes using the teleport one.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Devouring on my MDK. I have mist for mobility, but lets be honest, a DK is not running from anybody. I use this as my oh crap ultimate, and the heals and damage are both really strong.

Next patch, I will probably be using the teleport morph.