The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AoE Caps.

LegendaryChef
LegendaryChef
✭✭✭✭✭
Remove them.

Did anyone else notice that over half of the comments on Eso live stream this evening was for removing the aoe cap and nothing about the dlc?

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START LISTENING TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME?

#HireFengrush
Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
PC EU.
Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love lamp
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they must be disposed of ASAP. Fengrush can accomplish this. Wait, is he AD? or was it EP? hmm........

bah, I will give him a chance.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #wrobelknowsbest
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the caps is a good first step and probably smarter than a complete removal.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Increasing the caps is a good first step and probably smarter than a complete removal.
    Why should there be a cap?
    Gave up.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    AoE in this game is already way too powerful and the perceived performance gains from AoE cap removal only exist in dreams.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So megazergs you hate will just stack more people more tight while smaller trains of 8-12 running tight (the only way you can burst bigger groups now) are completely fucked? Sounds like a good idea
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »

So megazergs you hate will just stack more people more tight while smaller trains of 8-12 running tight (the only way you can burst bigger groups now) are completely fucked? Sounds like a good idea
    The megazergs will require other counters than the removal of AoE caps. For example, stronger siege equipment and dynamic Ultimate gain seem to be much better candidates, just like lowering the caps on the AvA Support abilities we all love and hate.

And of course increase the full AoE damage cap to something not as low as the current cap of 6.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on February 1, 2016 10:36AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The megazergs will require other counters than the removal of AoE caps. For example, stronger siege equipment and dynamic Ultimate gain seem to be much better candidates, just like lowering the caps on the AvA Support abilities we all love and hate.

And of course increase the full AoE damage cap to something not as low as the current cap of 6.

But you didn't answer the question.

Why not simply remove AoE caps entirely while adding counters to megazergs?
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    AoE in this game is already way too powerful and the perceived performance gains from AoE cap removal only exist in dreams.

intresting uncapping AOes don´t help, but buffing non char AOES and ultis (AOES aswell) does help? thats a bit screwed :D
    Edited by Tankqull on February 1, 2016 10:50AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Because removing AoE caps will make AoE even stronger than it already is. I think there's better and more creative ways to try and deal with the problem.
    Tankqull wrote: »
    intresting uncapping AOes don´t help, but buffing non char AOES and ultis (AOES aswell) does help? thats a bit screwed :D
    Dynamic Ultimate gain will only benefit smaller groups while not making AoE skills themselves even more powerful than they already are. Stronger siege equipment will give siege equipment a purpose other than breaking down walls and wasting AP.

I know it's comfortable and easy to be able to focus on a single thing and pretend it will fix most of the problems, but I just don't think it's very good gameplay design. Just like the current implementation isn't very good gameplay design.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that removal of AoE cap will probably not be enough, but its the easiest thing to do. Siege change is already planned and, I dont want to sound pessimistic but I hoghly doubt zos will give us dynamic ult gen back. Just wanted to point out that an aoe cap at like 12 or so will do a difference mostly agaisnt 8-12 man trains (eventhough they dont run tight to abuse it but to have enough burst, they do benefit quite a bit from current caps). And if this format is nerfed further compared to bigger groups, either those raids running relatively small will getmore people to be able to compete either they will just stop, and then the only threat for a megazerg will be another megazerg.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because removing AoE caps will make AoE even stronger than it already is. I think there's better and more creative ways to try and deal with the problem.
    Dynamic Ultimate gain will only benefit smaller groups while not making AoE skills themselves even more powerful than they already are. Stronger siege equipment will give siege equipment a purpose other than breaking down walls and wasting AP.

I know it's comfortable and easy to be able to focus on a single thing and pretend it will fix most of the problems, but I just don't think it's very good gameplay design. Just like the current implementation isn't very good gameplay design.

I don't think AoE per se is too powerful, I think it's player bound and cone AoE that perform way better than ranged AoE. Buffing the latter, to a state only slightly less powerful than PBAoE, would be a way to spread out fights *if* AoE caps are lifted.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better siege equip will make the Zergs stronger. Gues who has more healers? Guess which group is basically [snip] if they get a heal debuff from the meatbagg?
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 16, 2018 9:46PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I don't think AoE per se is too powerful, I think it's player bound and cone AoE that perform way better than ranged AoE. Buffing the latter, to a state only slightly less powerful than PBAoE, would be a way to spread out fights *if* AoE caps are lifted.

this, inevitable detonation would be awesome without caps to bust a zerg, 3-4 players aplying it into a tightly stacked group and they just die and that would truely elevate server performance ;)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpgP2CvtFx.jpg
    Edited by Alucardo on February 1, 2016 2:20PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make it easier, I actually created my own Fengrush emote brushes for Gimp so I can simply paint words

MdouS2M.jpg
  • RobboEU
    RobboEU
    ✭✭✭
    inb4 /removethread
    Xbox One EU

GT; Ash Robbo TI

YouTube:https://youtube.com/channel/UCD9yiWRwLseCrKWJ_eUZskA
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for the return of dynamic ulti regen and to be perfectly honest I'm still completely shocked that they removed it in the first place. AoE caps being removed would cause zergs to spread out because atm proxy (Ironicly) is one of the abilities making zergs untouchable for any smaller sized group due to the fact if you jump into the zerg your taking 10 different proxies in the face at the same time for full damage and yet yours will only deal full damage to six of them.

At the moment people feel safe in their zerg because of stupid mechanics like this and with every patch the game just seems to be pushing us towards grouping up. I can't say for sure that the removal of AOE caps would make it less laggy but it would damn sure make it more viable to play in smaller groups again.

Changes I personally believe would make cyrodiil a better place:

-Remove the AoE Cap
    -Reduce the group size to 12
    -Bring back dynamic ulti but in a different format from 1.5
    -Revert ultimates back to what they used to be (old negate, banner etc)
    -Increase the distance at which you can activate synergies
    -Completely scrap the gap closer lockdown in place, cannot believe it even exists
    -CP tree to reduce physical damage taken OR a nerf to stamina damage because atm it's too high

Think that's about it, if I missed any then feel free to add :smile:
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldruf wrote: »
    inb4 /removethread

I can already hear Kai breathing heavily in the corner with his mouse pointer over the delete button