The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nirnhoned Trait

Kattemynte
Kattemynte
✭✭✭
I saw a long time ago that the only way to get items with the nirnhoned trait (and thus able to research it) was to complete the Craglorn main quests. Is this still true or has something changed since then. I hope that is not the only way because I can never find anyone in Craglorn doing the same stage of the main quest with me.
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    And I mean without paying the 10k (minimum I saw at every guild merchant I checked).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get your first item, yes you have to finish the MQ in Craglorn.

However you only get one item, and it's random. So, you will still have to get the rest from the guild stores. I never did the Craglorn MQ until after I had almost finished my Nirn research. And, this was back when armor researchables were in the 20K range. So, 10K is nothing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the main quest gives you one guaranteed nirnhoned item upon its completion.

But you can farm mobs in northern Craglorn to get the items with this trait.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 29, 2016 11:36PM
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Items with nirn don't drop?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Items with nirn don't drop?

Here is Deltia's guide on farming it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1P8C5qgqZ4
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you can't. Creatures up there that drop leather have a chance to drop the trait stones. Same with Nightwood and Voidcloth nodes. But the only weapon/armor drop in the game that gives up Nirn Traited items is the Main Quest.

And, Nirn trait stones can be found in both Upper and Lower Craglorn now.

Edited by Nestor on January 29, 2016 11:44PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

No, you can't. Creatures up there that drop leather have a chance to drop the trait stones. Same with Nightwood and Voidcloth nodes. But the only weapon/armor drop in the game that gives up Nirn Traited items is the Main Quest.

Yeah my bad.... I wanted
    Nestor wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification...I thought the items that those mobs drop can have the trait as well...my bad