Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

item sets changes: very disappointed!

BurtFreeman
BurtFreeman
✭✭✭
coming back i realized that my armor stats changes in a very bad way

i crafted a combination of willow's path and night mother gaze, to get the best crits, on every my alt.
it was expensive but worth to have yellow on that sets.

now if you consider bounded item cannot be sold you may recon how bad is this situation.
i don't know if zos have the right to make this changes over my choice, if it wasn't for bug fix or balance.
i mean they should reduce the amount of spell crit, but never remove complitely from the stats.

if zos still walk on this way, they really need to tune up with the removing of the account bind.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I follow what it is you're trying to convey here. Are you saying you have an issue with items becoming bound, after equipping said items, after finding out you don't need/want a particular set you crafted? If so, this is nothing new to MMOs and has been around for years now (not just with ESO). You're fighting an uphill battle, bud. Do the research before crafting the gear.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What?

And zos absolutaly has the right to change anything sbout their game.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightmother is still a very good set, so I don't get what you complain about.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably wanted to go with the new Julianos set for your Caster
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i crafted a combination of willow's path and night mother gaze, to get the best crits, on every my alt.

now if you consider bounded item cannot be sold you may recon how bad is this situation.
    i don't know if zos have the right to make this changes over my choice, if it wasn't for bug fix or balance.
    i mean they should reduce the amount of spell crit, but never remove complitely from the stats.

if zos still walk on this way, they really need to tune up with the removing of the account bind.

Coming back from when? What level are you and those alts?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i get it right, you are talking about a golden vr10 gear.
    oh man, go level up
    Edited by Lorkhan on January 29, 2016 8:23PM
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    I'm not sure I follow what it is you're trying to convey here. Are you saying you have an issue with items becoming bound, after equipping said items, after finding out you don't need/want a particular set you crafted? If so, this is nothing new to MMOs and has been around for years now (not just with ESO). You're fighting an uphill battle, bud. Do the research before crafting the gear.

i say some item set stats has complitely changed from last year.
    i've not access to the old stats to compare, but i'm sure the spell crit is gone
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've not access to the old stats to compare, but i'm sure the spell crit is gone

Understood. Though I can understand how disappointing that may be, set balancing, stat changes, etc. will always be a think the developer does from time to time. Especially for being gone for over year.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Coming back from when? What level are you and those alts?

like ambassador i'm pretty sure you know how to look in the signature setting. there you may find your answer.
    anyway i was interested in a more suitable suggestion.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

thank you, i'll keep in mind.
    i need to renew my knowlodge, but i'm pretty scare to waste my time again.
    anyway, i'm just soloing for level up. so is not a big matter at the moment.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭

Understood. Though I can understand how disappointing that may be, set balancing, stat changes, etc. will always be a think the developer does from time to time. Especially for being gone for over year.

for balance purpose and exploit i'm 100% agree.
    but i choose those armor set for the spell crit, that is complitely gone.
    this is very bad. a nice solution could be cutting the spell crit instead of remove it.
    now i've only armors that i do not need anymore.
    this is the point.
    Edited by BurtFreeman on January 29, 2016 8:40PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is very bad. a nice solution could be cutting the spell crit instead of remove it.
    this is the point.

Again, understood, but that's neither here nor there. No use crying over spilled milk.

As @Nestor said, Julianos is definitely a good 5pc crafted set to go for your caster. Combined with Magnus for even more spell power.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    like ambassador i'm pretty sure you know how to look in the signature setting. there you may find your answer.

You know that signatures don't show on mobile, right? Might be something to keep in mind before throwing Wheaton's Law out the window, especially when people are genuinely trying to help you.

As to the OP, this is an MMO: sets change, skills change, etc. Craft up a set of Julianos as others have said and get back to killing Daedra.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is the point.

The armor sets changed because the underlying game mechanics changed completely. Softcaps were removed, so having high regen/sustain became a viable build and some sets were changed to fill that niche. What critical type (spell or weapon) applies to which skill changed. So mixing spell and weapon crit on one set no longer makes sense. Players used to have 0% crit by default. Now you have 10% crit by default + 12% more when you hit 90 Champion Points (which happens quite fast). Crit used to be the only stat without a cap. Now all caps have been removed.

Put simply, crit used to be the most important stat in the game. Whoever had the most crit generally had the best build because softcaps made everyone the same other than crit. Now that is no longer true. There are lots of great build out there, some with high crit, some without. With the increased variety of builds and the fairly small number of crafted sets, they needed to add more variety to the sets and make them fit the new game design that did not revolve around crit.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on February 1, 2016 5:24PM
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

You know that signatures don't show on mobile, right? Might be something to keep in mind before throwing Wheaton's Law out the window, especially when people are genuinely trying to help you.

As to the OP, this is an MMO: sets change, skills change, etc. Craft up a set of Julianos as others have said and get back to killing Daedra.

as i say signature explain everything. just wait to be on pc before posting question that you know is on signature. easy.
    anyway level and alt has nothing to do with the theme of this post, that actually is the change of the stats.

...this is an MMO... i did not realize that, until now :)

before craft again i will wait the next update with the thieves guild, seems a big one.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yes, just like everyone else, because individuality and versatile builds are a rare commodity these days with the direction the game is going in.
    Who needs Willows Path when you can just dump a bunch of points into the champion system, and then kill people in 3 seconds with a high burst setup?
    This isn't a dig at you Nestor, you just managed to bring up something that really annoys me about this game.
    Edited by Alucardo on January 29, 2016 10:07PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Umm how long ago did you leave bro?
    :trollin:
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭

Umm how long ago did you leave bro?

i left probabily at the end of last spring, but i'm not remember exactly.
    i left early 2 subscription, then come back with esotu and left again after a couple of month.

this kind of things are the main reason that i left the game before.
    i do not like to handle stuff like that.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Those gear sets changed like a year and a half ago. Even if they had stayed exactly the same, VR10 or VR12 is

this is the point.

The armor sets changed because the underlying game mechanics changed completely. Softcaps were removed, so having high regen/sustain became a viable build and some sets were changed to fill that niche. What critical type (spell or weapon) applies to which skill changed. So mixing spell and weapon crit on one set no longer makes sense. Players used to have 0% crit by default. Now you have 10% crit by default + 12% more when you hit 90 Champion Points (which happens quite fast). Crit used to be the only stat without a cap. Now all caps have been removed.

Put simply, crit used to be the most important stat in the game. Whoever had the most crit generally had the best build because softcaps made everyone the same other than crit. Now that is no longer true. There are lots of great build out there, some with high crit, some without. With the increased variety of builds and the fairly small number of crafted sets, they needed to add more variety to the sets and make them fit the new game design that did not revolve around crit.

tanks a lot for your explanation. very clear and appreciated.

i didn't like CP when it come out but as you say it offer great build diversity; is really easy to get them grinding with the templar, another thing that i didn't like, but i'm doing for CP levelling and get some money back quicly. i've to rebuild all my sets after all.

one consideration about those change is (looking at the new armor stats) the very few choice for spell caster, compare to stamina and healt option. seems that julianos fit exactly, but looking at the dropped set there are also very nice option, if you think you can have 2 full set with the ring and neck.

i do not understand why after all this time zos do not open the jewelry crafting skill line.

anyway putting yellow on sets or buying it is a thing that need to valutate carefully if they going to change your stats so often.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting, spell crafting, horse racing etc... was brought up by the old team, everything wrothgar and before is old dev team. The new team has gone in a different direction, there has been no mention of jewelry crafting or spell crafting expect "it's on the back burner"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Those gear sets changed like a year and a half ago. Even if they had stayed exactly the same, VR10 or VR12 is

this is the point.

tanks a lot for your explanation. very clear and appreciated.

i didn't like CP when it come out but as you say it offer great build diversity; is really easy to get them grinding with the templar, another thing that i didn't like, but i'm doing for CP levelling and get some money back quicly. i've to rebuild all my sets after all.

one consideration about those change is (looking at the new armor stats) the very few choice for spell caster, compare to stamina and healt option. seems that julianos fit exactly, but looking at the dropped set there are also very nice option, if you think you can have 2 full set with the ring and neck.

i do not understand why after all this time zos do not open the jewelry crafting skill line.

anyway putting yellow on sets or buying it is a thing that need to valutate carefully if they going to change your stats so often.

We've been screwed in that respect every time max vet rank was raised. So we deconned our v10 yellow gear, and then our v12, v14, and now were being told that when vet ranks are removed itemization will tie in to out cp rank, so we probably didn't need to decon anything :/ Save your frustration for when you first come to craft v16 gear..
    PC | EU
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    i discover behind the scene the reason of the spell crit removing frome those sets:
    you must buy orsinium to get access the julianos set.
    this is an example of bad path walking.
    fortunately, there are nice guys out there that craft julianos in bulk for a very cheap price.
    Edited by BurtFreeman on February 2, 2016 2:30PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i discover behind the scene the reason of the spell crit removing frome those sets:
    you must buy orsinium to get access the julianos set.
    this is an example of bad path walking.
    fortunately, there are nice guys out there that craft julianos in bulk for a very cheap price.

They could have made it so you need Orsinium to equip the sets made there so could have been worse.
    FYI you will need around 130 to 150 materials to craft each piece of VR 16 gear.
    Edited by bryanhaas on February 2, 2016 11:03PM
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured