The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wet noodles need love too

LiquidSchwartz
LiquidSchwartz
✭✭✭✭✭
I wish dk got buffed so they have dignity
I love my dk but he pales in comparison to every other class I've played even though he's the most fun to play. Or nerf sorcs and nightblades so we are all equal.
Edited by LiquidSchwartz on January 29, 2016 7:03AM
May the Schwartz be with you.
EP/XB1/NA

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or revert DK nerfs. But whatever....
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    They needed to be nerfed ): but they got way too nerfed I never understand anything zeni does
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    They needed to be nerfed ): but they got way too nerfed I never understand anything zeni does

They didnt need the nerfs (imo), you could play against them... but yea, they slam the nerf hammer too hard.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleas don't Nerf anything, BUFF DK's
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    we know nothing about changes. we will just see them at patch notes (maybe) and experience them on pts next week. why it looks like to me that they are hiding changes community will be against?
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Well to an extent a small one but one none the less Templars skills got nerfed yet again.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    Well to an extent a small one but one none the less Templars skills got nerfed yet again.

One of the true constants.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see where the "DK needs buffs" comments come from. Not trying to be a jerk, I genuinely want to know.

Assuming a decent player skill, in PvE they tear through vet group content and bring a lot of utility. And in PvP, they can still be nearly unkillable and hell to play against (flappy wings, talons, whip, WB, Invasion, etc), and I lose as often as I win against them.

Are the issues with DKs specific to DKs (eg broken abilities), or are they symptoms of larger design issues (e.g. DoTs being less effective)?
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on January 29, 2016 11:58AM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't see where the "DK needs buffs" comments come from. Not trying to be a jerk, I genuinely want to know.

Assuming a decent player skill, in PvE they tear through vet group content and bring a lot of utility. And in PvP, they can still be nearly unkillable and hell to play against (flappy wings, talons, whip, WB, Invasion, etc), and I lose as often as I win against them.

Are the issues with DKs specific to DKs (eg broken abilities), or are they symptoms of larger design issues (e.g. DoTs being less effective)?

It's mostly magicka DK that needs buffing. Low damage, zero mobility, severely nerfed survivability mechanics while no compensating the class for them. Mag DK is the weakest thing in pvp right now, but buffing them has to be done carefully because they have massive dps in pve right now.

Stamina DK just needs options. Stam DK is basically just playing 2H/bow or 2H/1H.

rip decibel
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a magicka DK as DD or healer in PvE. At least from the PvE side of view and for magicka builds I don't see any fundamental need for improvements. Maybe a class execute skill would be nice.

I get 15 to 20k and even more dps in 4-man-groups, depends heavily on number of warhorns and available buffs. Personally I find it much more easy to achieve high dps values with my DK as with my magicka NB or with my Sorc if not using overload. My rota isn't even perfect, I have crafted legendary gear (Julianos + Torug + purple Willpower set), but I don't even have a Molag Kena shoulder piece. I have maxed CPs though. The only handycap might be that even a magicka DK should be played in melee range for best dps, but ok, that's a feature of that class.

My DK does no less support dps as a healer in compare to my Sorc, my NB or my Templar (if played as a healer) and this just by using Structured Entropy, Crushing Shock and Eruption. ~12k dps on Daedroths in WGT with Kagrenac's Hope as a healer set and no spell damage enchants.

No idea about stamina, but magicka in PvE is in great shape.

..and there we come to the real issue of such threads, undifferentiated whining without even explaining the playstyle (PvP or PvE) and build (stamina or magicka) and role (DD, healer, tank).

Half of all threads on this forum should be closed with a "learn to ask" or "learn to cry properly" mark.

Edited by Flameheart on January 29, 2016 12:27PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)