The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NB returning to the game (stamina or magicka)?

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
I am returning from a year long hiatus and am wondering if I should gear up with stamina or magicka gear. I am mainly concerned with PvP, but one plus magicka has is that I can switch to healing for the few dungeons that I may run (I love healing). I am not the best at sustain and would like more burst damage. What are the pros and cons for going each way? Which is easier to play for PvP DPS?

Thanks everyone!
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭
    According to everyone on the forum, Stamina is the easy to pick up and kill easy. I agree to an extent, if you have a sh*t load of Champion Points. I only have a few, I think I'm at like 41/42/42. I mean if I find someone with the same amount or lower, yeah its easy but I also am fighting those with less experience or time then myself. Really depending on your CP situation either build is gonna be good.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to everyone on the forum, Stamina is the easy to pick up and kill easy. I agree to an extent, if you have a sh*t load of Champion Points. I only have a few, I think I'm at like 41/42/42. I mean if I find someone with the same amount or lower, yeah its easy but I also am fighting those with less experience or time then myself. Really depending on your CP situation either build is gonna be good.

I only have like 40/40/40 or so.
    Edited by akray21 on January 29, 2016 4:11AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magic NB for fun/trolling/surviving. Stam NB for ass whooping.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just a noob playing solo, so from a noob solo point of view:
    + Mag blade:
    - Very good survival. Can stay back and keep range. If things go bad, spam cloak to get away.
    - Can move around invisible with +66% speed across the map. This make a perfect scout and save you time riding all the way back in case you get gank.
    - Good brush damage but require magic det, ulti and in melee range, which mean sometime put you in the heat of front line.
    - Multagen spam for AP, sap for heal, survive and tag dps in AoE situation like on flag or breach.

+ Stam blade:
    - Easier to die than mag blade but does more damage. If my mag blade can contribute to my alliance as a tactical scout, my stam blade is simply a damage dealer, mostly in defending keep (focus aim damage and range OP). My mag blade gather tiny chunks of AP by healing, my stam blade collect bigger ticks by actually killing people. But since my stam blade is very easy to die, I can't do much when I'm dead. Without endless cloak speed run, my stam blade also loses a lots of chances to join the fight because I get ganked on the way riding to battle. Many stam blades seem to be very successful as ganker. I simply can't due to high latency. Except some too squishy targets that stand still and die to my brust from stealth, if the target survive and fight back, I'll die easily.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on January 29, 2016 5:24AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter , NB is all around he easiest class in the game.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just a noob playing solo, so from a noob solo point of view:
    + Mag blade:
    - Very good survival. Can stay back and keep range. If things go bad, spam cloak to get away.
    - Can move around invisible with +66% speed across the map. This make a perfect scout and save you time riding all the way back in case you get gank.
    - Good brush damage but require magic det, ulti and in melee range, which mean sometime put you in the heat of front line.
    - Multagen spam for AP, sap for heal, survive and tag dps in AoE situation like on flag or breach.

+ Stam blade:
    - Easier to die than mag blade but does more damage. If my mag blade can contribute to my alliance as a tactical scout, my stam blade is simply a damage dealer, mostly in defending keep (focus aim damage and range OP). My mag blade gather tiny chunks of AP by healing, my stam blade collect bigger ticks by actually killing people. But since my stam blade is very easy to die, I can't do much when I'm dead. Without endless cloak speed run, my stam blade also loses a lots of chances to join the fight because I get ganked on the way riding to battle. Many stam blades seem to be very successful as ganker. I simply can't due to high latency. Except some too squishy targets that stand still and die to my brust from stealth, if the target survive and fight back, I'll die easily.

Basiclly this. Tough for stamblade you can go caltrops, vigor and lolnado for loads of AP aswell :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 30, 2016 11:19AM
    EU | PC