Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

DK stamina Tank - need help with stat balance

Taryf
Taryf
✭✭✭
Hello.

I try to fix my broken stats and need some advice form more experienced players.

At the moment my stats, full buffed (blue food to max HP and STAM + Volatile Armor + Evasion) are:

HP - 34k
Stam - 28k
Magic - about 1k

HP regen - about 1k
Stam regen - about 0,8 - 0,9k

Spell Resist - 42k
Physical Resist - 35k

I dont remember "naked" stats.

I use 5x Armor Master + 4x Song of Lamae + 3x Endurance set (2x ring + neck).
Light belt + medium gloves. Rest are heavy.

Champion Points:
Spell Shield - 27 (10% resist) i put it here early on, now im think about reset
Block Expertise - 51

Healthy - 10 (for passive)
Warlord - ~68

Blade Expert - 30 (for pasive)
Piercing - ~40 (im think about change it to Bless)

Any advice? I understand that i must reduce Spell Resist, but focus on what? Regen? Max atributes?
PS4
EU
Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have to reduce Spell Resist?

Unless you are in PvP, almost all damage your going have done to you is Magic damage.

What you might consider instead of Blade Expert in the Champ tree, is to use Mighty instead.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor
    So, "Riposte" isnt so good? I will loose it if I take Might insdead of Blade Expert.
    PS4
    EU
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taryf wrote: »
    @Nestor
    So, "Riposte" isnt so good? I will loose it if I take Might insdead of Blade Expert.

That's the trick with the Champ System. Balancing the passives you get with the overall increase in some stats that it can give you. If you find the passive helps your build and how you play, then assign points to get the passive. However, once you get that passive, then maybe look at other things in the constellation that can benefit your character.

Its more difficult to make these choices when you have 100 to 200 points, it is much easier when you have 300 to 500 points. In fact, up to 200 points, I would focus more on the passives in most cases.
    Edited by Nestor on January 29, 2016 3:16PM

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well purple food is a must for me.

Talons and igneous shield are always in use for me. Igneous is a great way to regen stam whilst you block as well.

What are you tanking? I make do with 28k health and 26k stam in pledges (not tanked vet icp or vet wgt, only dpsed) and 33k resistances.

Mine is set up so I can stick on a medium hunding's, kena and blood spawn and still rip people in pvp. So my cp isn't 100% set up for tanking, but tank pledges with ease.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 29, 2016 3:25PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Why do you have to reduce Spell Resist?

Unless you are in PvP, almost all damage your going have done to you is Magic damage.

What you might consider instead of Blade Expert in the Champ tree, is to use Mighty instead.

33K is the hard cap for resist. Anything above that is wasted.
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Except Armor Pierce and damage after death.
    Both lower the Resist.
    PS4
    EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

33K is the hard cap for resist. Anything above that is wasted.

Sorry, saw the 35K in the wrong place. No need to really reduce that. Your right that 42K is overkill. But it could all depend on what his unbuffed amount is, to help with Ganking. Then looking at what they would gain by reducing.

The PTS if you have access is perfect for this type of thing. Especially once the character copy is done. You can test all these changes and not use up precious resources on the Live server (mats for gear and gold for respecs)