The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toggle for visual effects?

Tholian1
Tholian1
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if there was a setting to disable the visual effects for skills being cast by other players. I am having a lot of trouble participating in group dungeons because all the visual noise from abilities being cast makes it very difficult for me to see what is happening.
PS4 Pro NA
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    There is no toggle. The animations are there to indicate what is happening during combat. Each animation is unique and with time you will learn what they do and how they benefit or disable you. If you're not sure about something that is happening (example why is a mob lit up with a yellow-ish light beam or why are there swirling particle effects in a green circle on the ground, just ask.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, but that is not the issue I am experiencing. The problem is there is so much particle effects spam, I can't see anything or not enough to keep track of who or what is where. It's just one big mess for my eyes.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres is a particle effect shown slider, view range slider and lots of tick boxes for some effects.
    Just hit the escape key and look under the various options.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Theres is a particle effect shown slider, view range slider and lots of tick boxes for some effects.

he posted this in the PS4 tech support forum :p
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beerninja wrote: »

Bah!... teach me to use the recent topics instead of something specific
    lmao.
    Do you not have access to display/system settings and such in PS4 ?
    Is it purely console settings instead of ESO settings.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 29, 2016 4:57PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lmao.

It would have to be settings in the game. I don't recall the options for graphics in ESO on console, but will look again later today. I will post what I find.

PS4 Pro NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

lmao.

@Rune_Relic , to be fair, why the heck doesn't it show the navigation tree at the top of the post to indicate the topic category? Odds are, that functionality is probably already built into the CM software... They just need to turn it on.

Would be an easy forum addition and would keep this from happening. You're not the only one that's fallen victim! ;)

EDIT: Apparently it is up there, but so far to the top you don't see it half the time...

Normally the nav tree is right above the topic line, so to draw attention to it.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on February 1, 2016 6:56PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only graphics option I can find is adjusting glow intensity around characters and objects. I couldn't find any adjustments for the particle effects from skills. :/
    PS4 Pro NA