The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any good solo player in pvp with 300+ ping?

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
Could you share some tips or build for solo player that work with high latency? I've seen many good builds, but things seem very different when you play with at least 320-350 ping, specially with melee builds. I rarely hit a moving target with melee skills (or maybe because I need more practise?). My mag blade is ok with scouting/supporting group, but when my faction is dead, the other faction farm group running around our resource and the elites abandon pugs, I can't find any fun any more and bored to log off. I don't join groups because reasons. I just want to roam solo and 1vs1 decent players and ganker with around 50% chance to win when the map is dead. So just wonder is it possible to do that with this ping and I need better build and more practise, or is it just hopeless and I should just log off when map is dead?
Edited by TheDarkShadow on January 28, 2016 5:53PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe pair up with a friend and find a spot for ganking on the other side of the nearest enemy keep.

Sometimes my ping is around 150, but sometimes it climbs over 300 and my frame rate is usually in the single digits around large keep battles. I find it's not so bad if I stay far away from keeps.

Later when there are few people online, latency improves a lot and you can often find solo enemy players up for 1v1 duels, etc.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 29, 2016 12:04AM
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play as a Stamina Templar and I generally do pretty well, I win more duels than I lose but I'm playing with a ping of at least 420 and that makes it very difficult.

It never used to be like this... 3 weeks ago I had a manageable 250 ping... I don't know what has happened since then but I can speculate.
  • sneaky_t
    sneaky_t
    ✭✭✭
    Ive played with 260-300 ping since PC release. Even with high ping you can still be competitive, you just need to practice (If you play a melee build do your best to stay literally on top of the other player to avoid missing, using gap closers etc). Running a tanky build is easiest for high ping, but you can still run a glassy solo build successfully if you know what you are doing. In duels against highly skilled players you will be at a slight disadvantage. Just make sure your connection is wired (as opposed to wireless) to avoid any extra lag.

Also most of the time when you get unplayable lag all other players will be experiencing it to (mainly during US peak hours) so its not always your connection, ESO pvp can be unstable at times.
    Edited by sneaky_t on January 29, 2016 8:40AM
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I'll keep praticing. As a NB I can "stay on top of target" easily by spamming ambush/lotus, but I thing it kind of cheatting so I try not to spam it more than twice back to back.
  • darkrozes_rob16_ESO
    I play from Spain. Ping is horribel, 200-240 lowest and up to over 9k on zergs, peak hours. I was in Legends doing duels even on wifi but yea, if you are at 300+ on a stam nb, just get a bow with camo hunter and have fun :)
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    my build is as follows. I can play in 300+ ping and make really good AP

what I do is...

go into tower.....set up fire ballista....hit players in keep.......pray I get AP from it
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    i have the same problems on my heavy armor magic templar just sucks to solo pvp for me high ping all the time feels liek mt jabs hit around 20% of the time i used heavy armor to be more tanky and that seems pointless because of armor pen my time in pvp is either running around for about 30 mins to run into a zerg anyone have tip on finding that smalled scale pvp it seems everywhere i go is zerg zerg zerg i dont find any groups under like 10+ half the time ill be fighting but because of the lass i just die almost instantly its like everything just hits me all at the same time
    Edited by PURPLE245 on January 29, 2016 1:31PM
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play from Spain. Ping is horribel, 200-240 lowest and up to over 9k on zergs, peak hours. I was in Legends doing duels even on wifi but yea, if you are at 300+ on a stam nb, just get a bow with camo hunter and have fun :)

Yeah, I do have fun when there are pugs vs pugs or smaller raid vs raid, with bow on stam blade and support build on mag blade. Cyrodiil to me is most fun when a bunches of pugs pushing back and forth 2 objects, trying to siege and def and fight in open field, or several small groups taking objects and play strategy. I can go scout around, give value information and help defending keeps. But once 1 side become OP, start to form up a huge raid, or even worse, a ball raid, and crush the other side, things start to go down hill. FPS and ping go ***, enemy ball group running around our resource, the elites small groups abandon the pugs and go farm alone else where, and the pugs log off after being t-bag so bad. Sometime I log in in those unfortunate times and have nothing to do. I really want to find a good build to roam solo in those cases.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you connecting to eso na server? If so using battleping texus server 3 or 7 will give you 200 ping. Having lots of add onns active can actually raise your ping and fps so try disable for pvp.