The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Partial Sets

BabeestorGor
BabeestorGor
✭✭✭✭
How long do you hang on to partial sets for?
Vriddi has 2 pieces of the Akavari Dragonguard set on her 2nd bar which are 15th level and shes now 23rd. The 2 piece bonus doesn't really outweigh the fact that even quest rewards and random drops are now much better items. I suppose I could give them to Shanika, my other sword and board user who is 19th level, or bank them for future characters.
Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
EU PC.
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    I had a guild bank to myself and held on to every dropped set pieces through leveling 3 characters. I finally went through and made a spreadsheet to see how many completed sets I had with over 300 set pieces and it turns out I only had one complete set with pieces around the same level.

If you like any set in particular, I suggest buying the rest of the set pieces to complete that set after you have 2 or 3, because you will likely never complete them in your own. Then either sell or deconstruct the rest.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 3 pieces of Shrouded Armour all between 15-20. That might be worth hanging on to.
    Also 2 pieces of Warlock, 1 of them a ring. I like Warlock. 5 pieces of that and 5 of Seducer would be good I think but I'd imagine the jewellery is more sought after than most low level set pieces.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to make my procrastination worse after deciding to shelve the Akavari Dragonguard I did a delve and got another piece of it and of Shrouded Armour.
    EU PC.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    At low levels, I never found dropped set pieces to be worth using/hanging on to way past their dropped level (ie. Set is Level 15, while I'm Level 25).

Crafted sets can help you achieve the same stat increases and are more easily accessible, considering they can be re-crafted every time you level (if desired).
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never collected enough dropped set pieces to ever make a meaningful set, much less a 5 piece. The only exception to this is L15 to L23 Warlock, and that is because I farmed Guild Kiosks on my Vets. I now have a full 5 piece set at L15/16 and L20/23. While I have L23 Blue Jewelry, I can't seem to find anything above L20 for the clothing. This is for Blue or Dungeon Boss drops, there might be some Green Clothing I have that is higher than L20 but I don't remember if I have found any.

Anyway, back to your question. If you plan on using the gear on your next character while they level, then hand it to a mule character and let them carry it until then. Otherwise, decon or research it or sell it in the guild stores. In fact, you could probably make the full set by farming the Guild Kiosks yourself to acquire the pieces you don't have.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have never collected enough dropped set pieces to ever make a meaningful set, much less a 5 piece. The only exception to this is L15 to L23 Warlock, and that is because I farmed Guild Kiosks on my Vets. I now have a full 5 piece set at L15/16 and L20/23. While I have L23 Blue Jewelry, I can't seem to find anything above L20 for the clothing. This is for Blue or Dungeon Boss drops, there might be some Green Clothing I have that is higher than L20 but I don't remember if I have found any.

Anyway, back to your question. If you plan on using the gear on your next character while they level, then hand it to a mule character and let them carry it until then. Otherwise, decon or research it or sell it in the guild stores. In fact, you could probably make the full set by farming the Guild Kiosks yourself to acquire the pieces you don't have.

I might do that for Warlock which is a nice set, the other 2 I'll use until the characters who have a use for them have levelled past them. Can't wait for the crafting bags, they'll make my inventory management a lot easier.

Thanks all :)
    EU PC.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low-level gear is generally not worth hanging onto.

The only exceptions, at least in my opinion, which undoubtedly varies from others', would be Night Mother pieces that drop in the lvl 16-22 zones. The reason for this is because it greatly improves stealth capabilities and is very useful for anything related to Legerdemain. With the pending release of the Thieves Guild, I believe these sets will still be of great value. (Note: a lot of vr16 characters use these level 22ish sets when they're doing their sneaky business, so in case you were wondering if they are relevant to high characters, the answer is yes.)
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Low-level gear is generally not worth hanging onto.

The only exceptions, at least in my opinion, which undoubtedly varies from others', would be Night Mother pieces that drop in the lvl 16-22 zones. The reason for this is because it greatly improves stealth capabilities and is very useful for anything related to Legerdemain. With the pending release of the Thieves Guild, I believe these sets will still be of great value. (Note: a lot of vr16 characters use these level 22ish sets when they're doing their sneaky business, so in case you were wondering if they are relevant to high characters, the answer is yes.)

A set I haven't seen a single piece of yet so I'll remember that :)
    Shrouded Armour on the other hand I seem to get a piece or 2 every delve I do. Usually more bracers :lol:
    EU PC.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    would be Night Mother pieces that drop in the lvl 16-22 zones. The reason for this is because it greatly improves stealth capabilities and is very useful for anything related to Legerdemain. With the pending release of the Thieves Guild, I believe these sets will still be of great value. (Note: a lot of vr16 characters use these level 22ish sets when they're doing their sneaky business, so in case you were wondering if they are relevant to high characters, the answer is yes.)

The Night Shade set offers the same help to Sneak, and with less pieces. It drops from VR6 to VR10 quite readilly. You get the sneak bonuses with just 3 pieces

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nightshade+Set

I have an upper body set (Helmet, Shoulders (or Necklace) and Gloves as that seems to be the most appropriate. I don't think there are boots.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"