The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help with Templar

Alpen
Alpen
So I want to be hard to kill but can also do nice damage. I hear Templar are good for this! wats the best armor and weapons to go with? I would love to be able to dual weild while also healing. is this possible?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tis what templar do best! If you choose to heal using templar heals. Figure out which of the two main heals you like best. BOL spam healing requires very high sustain, therefore decreasing the off-damage and decreasing the skills heal output. Ritual of rebirth spam requires an up front TANKY type of build, but it is a massive heal. So wearing all heavy and high sustain will again decrease your off damage and the heal output. My suggestion I to build for maxmaxmax spell damage and magicka, resto staff off bar with resto staff heals. DPS bar is completely unsustainable, but you will put out MASSIVE damage for short bursts, the resto staff off bar is will have their abilities deal the utmost amount of healing, and spamming healing springs, regeneration and heavy attack will provide incredible burst/ sustained healing. Being able to heal ANY fight in game extremely effectively, all builds pretty much require at least magicka pots for little more sustain
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar aren't tanky, they can heal but they aren't tanky.

If you want to be 'tanky' and do good dmg go a magicka sorc.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Templars used to be tanky until they nerfed our heals.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    I think at least for pvp, sorcerer better exemplifies this description. At higher levels magicka Templar is very effective using dual wield and puncturing sweeps for damage and is more than capable of healing the group at the same time. However this is not something I'd do while leveling as you will likely lack sustain and thus survivability. In pve tho a properly geared magicka Templar can survive some tough situations with their utility and healing spells and the ability the heal themselves based on damage done. Magicka night blade also does this well
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    I think at least for pvp, sorcerer better exemplifies this description. At higher levels magicka Templar is very effective using dual wield and puncturing sweeps for damage and is more than capable of healing the group at the same time. However this is not something I'd do while leveling as you will likely lack sustain and thus survivability. In pve tho a properly geared magicka Templar can survive some tough situations with their utility and healing spells and the ability the heal themselves based on damage done. Magicka night blade also does this well

Excellent answer.
    PC EU