Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob question about Dungeons and Dungeon Party Finder

MurphyES
MurphyES
Soul Shriven
Hi,

My friend and I are level 22 and 26. We tried to go to wayrest sewers using the Party Finder, choosing Dungeons (No veteran dungeons) and Wayrest Sewers. Some minutes later a new member joins to the group and the game asks us to travel to the dungeon, but when we entered the dungeon is in Veteran Mode. All the mobs are Vet16 Lvl and is too difficult to progress in the dungeon, we are only 3 (1 Healer and 2 DD)

My question is. If we are in lvls 22, 26 and the new member is lvl 23, why the dungeon is set to Veteran Mode??
Also, after this we disband the group and tried again to find new members, a Vet3 Char joined the group so the dungeon is set again to Veteran mode, Why if we are looking for a party to Dungeons in Normal Mode, a Veteran Player joined the group? The dungeon is for level 23 players.

Thanks in advance.
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    ok one thing.
    Vr16 IS NOT veteran dungeon. Remember that, we will back to it later.

When You use Group Finder tool, game auto. scales You, all party members, mobs and bosses to VR16.
    Check Your Character Stats. You will see that You got more HP, STAM, MAGIC etc.

This is ZOS way, to allow low level players group party with high level players and be usefull.

When You kill boss it will drop items for Your level.
    For example:
    Party: 2x 15lvl, 1x 30lvl and 1x vr15.

All party members are scaled to VR16.
    Boss will drop:
    1. 15lvl sword
    2. 15lvl 2h sword
    3. 30lvl neck
    4. vr15 ring

Items are scaled to Your level, so anyone got good (for them) drop.

Veteran dungeons are... Other version of normal dungeons. Other map, Other quest, Other bosses (just dungeons from DLC are same, just harder).

Veteran dungeons can by also scaled.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing, only the Group Leader can set Vet Mode or Normal mode for the group, and only if you are all not in a dungeon. Also, sometimes you all have to leave the dungeon, disband the group and reform to set the dungeon level to your group leader. So, remember that if you ever need to change the dungeon mode/level your self later on.

Your right in that you should not have been set to Vet mode. However just to be sure, you can select Wayrest as a Normal or Vet mode dungeon, and it can be easy to pick the wrong one. However unless your Vet Level, you should not be in the Vet Instance.

Here is what I would try. Group with your friend, make sure your Dungeon Mode is set to Normal in the Group Window and travel to the Dungeon. You can do this from the map or the Waysrhine, even if you are not in that alliance. See what level the dungeon is that way. If it's all good, then try the group finder again to get help with the dungeon.
    Edited by Nestor on January 27, 2016 8:52PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MurphyES
    MurphyES
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the answers. I didn't know that the game autoscales if you are using the Group Finder.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MurphyES wrote: »
    Thanks for all the answers. I didn't know that the game autoscales if you are using the Group Finder.

I forgot about the Group Finder scaling to VR16 too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    so i'm going to give you some information about dungeons..
    first of all, i don't really use dungeon finders that much, you explore the area you are currently in which is more likely to be your kind of level, find a dungeon then in front of the dungeon their should be some people, you can party up with them and do the dungeon, which will be your level most likely.

if you are going to do a dungeon from a high level area you are most likely to have a rough time ofcourse.. prob not even be able to complete, but besides that how dungeons work, example you are level 20 and you are going to do a dungeon with a level 40, if he is group leader the dungeon will most likely scale to his level.
    so you back out of the dungeon, disband group or whatever and you are going to create the group and start the dungeon and it will be your level.

i recommend doing dungeons with people the same level as you ofcourse and just explore the area you are in and find dungeons in that area, you can use the internet, example if you are ebonheart you type in ebonheart, stonefalls dungeons? u'll find a map with the dungeons located on and you just manually go find them and complete them :)