Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Magblade Burst Options?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
I am rerolling magblade, and are trying different approaches. I am now in a god spot in 1v1, as i can permacloak with 2200 regen.

My issue comes with 1vX where i simply do not have enough burst. It is not stats as i can muster 3600 SP and 41k magicka. I need to find a better combo.

I do not have access to magicka detonation.

What burst options do you use as magblade? Are there any burst options at all without magicka det?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Proxy+Batswarm+Sap
    Proxy+Soul Tether+Sap

you need proxy tho
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• solynar
    solynar
    merciless resolve?

For example, buff whatever buffs you're using, merciless resolve, light attack, swallow soul, light attack, swallow soul, light attack, swallow soul, light attack, swallow soul, entropy, assassins will, lotus fan, impale.
    Assassin's Will will hit for a crap ton if you do it right. I play stamina so mine hits for nothing, but I know magicka NBs who can one shot with it.
    I'm sure there are other steps involved but I don't know them because I don't play a magicka NB. just giving an example of what I've seen work.
    PS4 NA
    V16 Stamina NB AD
    V16 Healbot Templar AD
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    The only other burst your going to get outside of Proxy Det is Merciless Resolve, its good but it takes some skill to use. Outside of that the Bat Swarm + Sap is still a great combo even without Proxy as is Fear + Comet but these are all via ultimates.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed weapon is the mag version of surprise attack. The only downside is it doesn't have the armour debuff, but besides that, it's equal.

As said before, merciless resolve is awesome. I think it's the hardest hitting single target magic damage attack in the game.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRIM FOCUS right?

Is it still 7 attacks, or did they lower it to 4?

Thanx
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your best option for a magblade is to just hit the delete button at the login screen. The last thing this game needs is more nightblades.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Your best option for a magblade is to just hit the delete button at the login screen. The last thing this game needs is more nightblades.

Don't hate the players, hate the game... literally!

I play a support off-healer MAGIBLADE, where's the beef with that?
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Troll. There are many ways to counter mageblade.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your tears are delicious.
    Edited by Kr3do on January 27, 2016 10:51PM
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »

Your tears are delicious.

Best comment ever, you my good sir deserve an awesome and an insightful like. Here take them for slurping up noob tears and using their blood to fill up your tub to place your rubber ducky.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Op I feel ya pain. I'm at assault 6, myself. I was using a melee (lotus mh or cloak cw) setup but found my escapability limited even when I got a few kills. When I get det i might switch back for the giggles.

so im guessing you can take 25 to 35 percent of someone's health with a heavy destro attack plus fh or crushing shock from stealth. if you run purge, try shadowy disguise to ensure a ko with assassins will.

1vx... I like shooting star for ult regeneration but also to isolate a group from the target I'm trying to focus. Boom they have to deal with the meteor. Precious time. Small window. My priority targets are healers and other nb. sorcs don't bother me when I'm not marked bc I purge the curses and apply harness and double take. If your opponent is a stam nb, Mark her/him, apply crippling grasp to combat vigor, and I suggest the medium weave, stealthing consistently, before empowering the spectral bow. That's a quick fight that avoids wrecking blow or surprise spam

If you insist upon melee, set up your shade use lotus & mh to isolate the group, sap them for the empower, lotus fan your priority target, and what's wrong with cloak stun lock soul harvest concealed and impale? Cloak again with new target. You could probably do that 3 or 4x before challenging a resource.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Op I feel ya pain. I'm at assault 6, myself. I was using a melee (lotus mh or cloak cw) setup but found my escapability limited even when I got a few kills. When I get det i might switch back for the giggles.

so im guessing you can take 25 to 35 percent of someone's health with a heavy destro attack plus fh or crushing shock from stealth. if you run purge, try shadowy disguise to ensure a ko with assassins will.

1vx... I like shooting star for ult regeneration but also to isolate a group from the target I'm trying to focus. Boom they have to deal with the meteor. Precious time. Small window. My priority targets are healers and other nb. sorcs don't bother me when I'm not marked bc I purge the curses and apply harness and double take. If your opponent is a stam nb, Mark her/him, apply crippling grasp to combat vigor, and I suggest the medium weave, stealthing consistently, before empowering the spectral bow. That's a quick fight that avoids wrecking blow or surprise spam

If you insist upon melee, set up your shade use lotus & mh to isolate the group, sap them for the empower, lotus fan your priority target, and what's wrong with cloak stun lock soul harvest concealed and impale? Cloak again with new target. You could probably do that 3 or 4x before challenging a resource.

This a very interesting post. i may have to play my NB a bit
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Proxy+Batswarm+Sap
    Proxy+Soul Tether+Sap

you need proxy tho

Surely you would want to SAP before batswarm or tether to increase your damage,

Proxy+Sap+Batswarm?
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Concealed weapon is the mag version of surprise attack. The only downside is it doesn't have the armour debuff, but besides that, it's equal.

I wish it was :( You'll never be doing as much damage as Suprise Attack
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

I wish it was :( You'll never be doing as much damage as Suprise Attack
    For now, you'll never do as much damage as anything Stamina based. This is the year of Stamina!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @raasdal

What gear are you currently using?

You can get decent spell dmg with decent magicka regen with the following setup:

5x Kagrenacs (224 spell dmg) with DW swords (1602 spell dmg)
    4x Overwhelming (2x 129 spell dmg) alternative 4x Magnus or 2x Torugs Pact+2x Molag Kena
    3x Willpower (186 spell dmg)

2270 spell dmg unbuffed without spell power enchants.
    A gold v16 spell dmg enchant gives an additional 174 spell dmg.

With 1x spell dmg enchant: 2444 unbuffed, 2933 buffed (3177 stealth)
    With 2x spell dmg enchant: 2618 unbuffed, 3142 buffed (3403 stealth)
    With 3x spell dmg enchant: 2792 unbuffed, 3350 buffed (3630 stealth)

Atronach mundus stone for magicka regen.

You can probably go with 3x spell dmg enchants if you take blue v15 magika/stamina drinks. This means you will need to sacrifice some magikca to get 21k health, for example by taking healthy willpower jewelry (which is cheaper than arcane) or putting attribute points into health. Another (and perhaps the best) option is the rather expensive the v15 gold Orzorga buff food which gives 3724 health and 351 tri-stat regen.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on January 28, 2016 9:44AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxy detonation is probably going to get nerfed. If it's burst you want, your best bet is probably a stamblade. Apparently proxy det isn't supposed to be used for burst. Another build bites the dust....
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Proxy Det already got a nerf in June 2015? I know they mentioned it was supposed to be a zerg buster - Im not sure how useful it currently is for that since zergs still seem to dominate and/or how nerfing it further will make circumstances any better in that regard.

Merciless resolve is really solid but I regretfully dont use it, heck i dont even run Vampire, though I can honestly say not having huge burst hasent affected my performance in PVP. I think what makes a Magblade really good is the amount of control you have. The only true burst I have on my bar these days is impale and I wouldn't leave home without it.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Proxy Det already got a nerf in June 2015? I know they mentioned it was supposed to be a zerg buster - Im not sure how useful it currently is for that since zergs still seem to dominate and/or how nerfing it further will make circumstances any better in that regard.
    I don't think it was a nerf exactly the timer before the explosion was increased and damage was adjusted to compensate, so pointless really lol.
    It was never gonna be a zerg buster because of AOE caps and the fact the scaling for damage on proxy stops at 25% if memory serves.
    any changes they make to proxy to make it how it was originally intended to function are just not gonna work to stop zergs because of AOE caps anyway. They're putting all their chips on the changes to siege.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Merciless resolve is really solid but I regretfully dont use it, heck i dont even run Vampire, though I can honestly say not having huge burst hasent affected my performance in PVP. I think what makes a Magblade really good is the amount of control you have. The only true burst I have on my bar these days is impale and I wouldn't leave home without it.

I thought I read that they want proxy det to be a zerg buster not a single target burst option. It seemed like that want to nerf the single target damage, a big nerf for magblades as you can see by this thread and how integral it is to competitive burst damage. Although, I also read that they want to reduce the radius of steel tornado and make it comparable to pulsar, the destro aoe.

The nerf or nothing folks are winning again.
    Edited by Junkogen on January 29, 2016 3:23PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that a 'zerg buster' skill has turned into the go-to Magicka monotarget burst skill should be all the evidence one needs of the skill being broken by design.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The fact that a 'zerg buster' skill has turned into the go-to Magicka monotarget burst skill should be all the evidence one needs of the skill being broken by design.

Yeah, but the only reason it works as burst is because it has a delayed detonation. It's like velocious curse for Sorcs if they hit you with a frag when curse pops. If they don't want it to be used as single target maybe they should remove the timer. I don't think there's anything wrong with the skill personally. It takes forever to unlock and you can't spam it because of the timer. It actually takes a bit of skill to time it just right, I would think.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Yeah, but the only reason it works as burst is because it has a delayed detonation. It's like velocious curse for Sorcs if they hit you with a frag when curse pops. If they don't want it to be used as single target maybe they should remove the timer. I don't think there's anything wrong with the skill personally. It takes forever to unlock and you can't spam it because of the timer. It actually takes a bit of skill to time it just right, I would think.

Plus you can just block to make it hit nothing.

1.6m ap to unlock is quite high.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    You would think that a zergbuster skill would ramp in damage for how many it hits. uber weak against 1, strong against 10+. I would say 6+ but might as well make it work on zergs only
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't of said it better myself.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXACTLY
    Proxy+Batswarm+Sap
    Proxy+Soul Tether+Sap

you need proxy tho

3vGZngD.png

just under 2 seconds of combat lol

single targets skills are to much waste on pvp for vampire magblade....aoe spam and almost immortal + burst better than stamina nb, dk

EDIT: ahh forgoten about it... 20k% reduction for magic dmg and 10% reduction from crits :smile:
    Edited by Edziu on January 31, 2016 12:12AM
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    EXACTLY
    Proxy+Batswarm+Sap
    Proxy+Soul Tether+Sap

you need proxy tho

3vGZngD.png

just under 2 seconds of combat lol

single targets skills are to much waste on pvp for vampire magblade....aoe spam and almost immortal + burst better than stamina nb, dk

Why wouldn't you spam aoe in the Cyrodiil zergfest? Almost immortal...? As a vampire? All this coming from a stamblade? This is too much.
    Edited by Junkogen on January 31, 2016 12:03AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you spam aoe in the Cyrodiil zergfest? Almost immortal...? As a vampire? All this coming from a stamblade? This is too much.

*cough*
    Magblade Burst Options?
    *cough*

is here anything about aoe spam zergfest?

for gang with vamp and dety you dont need any single target skill lol, main dmg is from det, then from vamp ulti and spam aoe is just finish for only 1 ganged person also
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

*cough*
    Magblade Burst Options?
    *cough*

is here anything about aoe spam zergfest?

for gang with vamp and dety you dont need any single target skill lol, main dmg is from det, then from vamp ulti and spam aoe is just finish for only 1 ganged person also

Not sure why you would spam sap for 1 person, surely concealed is the better option?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you would spam sap for 1 person, surely concealed is the better option?

yes, it will be better, idk why most of these scrubs spam this aoe, but if you want you can ask their :smiley:
    just I always when looking on like this recap hm.... lol, I never saw conceled weapon on recap with this combo, only sap ess spam lol, IDK why but these guys dont want use this conceled weapon as I see, they prefer spam aoe on max with this combo and its successful :P