The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cold Harbour = Crash Harbour

marten_philip
marten_philip
✭✭✭
As the title of this topic allready states...

Cold Harbour = Crash Harbour..

I recently re-installed the game, to see if it had been updated to something more properly since the last time I played it.
I even created a new Bosmer Nightbalde Character. Whom I chose to play the prologue with in Cold Harbour.

I aspected it to be changed and the starting area Cold Harbour has been changed indeed compared to release.
Butsomething hasn't infact something has gotten far more worse.

Because in my 20 minutes of playing this new character, I've experienced over 6 random game crashes.
And I'm still using the same machine and system as I did during release.

Now the release wasn't fully functional which was aspected of a newly formed newly released MMO-game.
BUt now allmost 1 year later.. The crash ratings have increased by allmost a dramatic 50% for I sure as Heck can't remember crashing this many times in such a short amount of time.

So... what I would like to know is.....

Are these crashes related to a certain current server related issue.. Or has ths been ongoing for quite a while.
My google search hits point out on similair cases to people back in 2014.

So...

What is going on?
What is there to do, in order to fix this problem?

Or am I just better of uninstalling the game again, and forget TeSo ever happened?

Thing I did to try and fix it my self are= driver-updates, altering game settings from high to medium + low, compatibility modes etc. etc.

( NOTE THAT I DO NOT RUN ANY ADD-ONS AT ALL)

• marten_philip
    marten_philip
    ✭✭✭
    Infact the situation is so bad, that my character is now stuck in a crash loop right before the end of the cold harbour quest sequence.

Log-in results in a crash.
    Over
    And over
    And
    Over...
  • marten_philip
    marten_philip
    ✭✭✭
    Another update:

Turns out it's not just my newly created character stuck in cold harbour but any of my characters.
    Just a few steps and BAM the game crashes.

Without a proper error detail.

Just a request of submitting information on what I was doing.