The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Windows 10 build 11102 crashing ESO

SKY9000
SKY9000
ESO is crashing at start up every time I try to log in. Been submitting the crash reporter every time. Is anyone else having problems with ESO on Windows 10 build 11102? Thanks.
  • Hyade
    Hyade
    Just hoping to help... the game currently freezes in fullscreen mode when using windows 10 for me.

The problem seems to go away after restarting. If it does not go away, there is another solution. It does not crash when using windowed fullscreen.

You can manually set this in the usersettings file.

Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/usersettings.cfg

the option is SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2"

That "2" is the problem, change it to "1"

I hope this was your issue, and that this helped. If you can open the game without it freezing, you can change it in the settings dropdown menu. GL.

*I am sorry for copy pasting this into multiple threads, I am doing it because I legitimately think this may be the problem each person is experiencing.
    Edited by Hyade on January 27, 2016 12:45AM
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Alexium on January 27, 2016 7:05PM
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Try the NEW 361.75 NVIDIA DRIVER. This version fixes a crashing bug that was introduced in 361.43 drivers when playing games:
    [361.43] Users get SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M ( 1000007e ) BSOD
    when using driver in games. [1715822]
  • DahClown
    DahClown
    Soul Shriven
    Try the NEW 361.75 NVIDIA DRIVER. This version fixes a crashing bug that was introduced in 361.43 drivers when playing games:
    [361.43] Users get SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M ( 1000007e ) BSOD
    when using driver in games. [1715822]

I still have that crashing bug with 361.75, I had to revert back to an other version again...
  • SKY9000
    SKY9000
    This issue has now been fixed by Windows 10 build 14251.
    Thanks for the help

• calamity
    calamity
    ✭✭
    I am having this problem. As far as I can tell, my Windows 10 is fully updated. (Version 1511 build 10586.71) My Nvidia driver is the latest.

I just did a fresh install of ESO, and when I looked in the "Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live" file, there is no "usersettings.cfg" folder.

I have tried several of variations in the compatibility settings, and get the same result with each: The launcher comes up, I hit play, it flashes a moment then goes to a black screen and crashes.

(Note: Since changing to Windows 10, I have had this issue with some other games. It seems to be related to Direct X.)

Edited by calamity on February 5, 2016 3:44AM
  • RWKT
    RWKT
    ✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    I am having this problem. As far as I can tell, my Windows 10 is fully updated. (Version 1511 build 10586.71) My Nvidia driver is the latest.

I just did a fresh install of ESO, and when I looked in the "Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live" file, there is no "usersettings.cfg" folder.

I have tried several of variations in the compatibility settings, and get the same result with each: The launcher comes up, I hit play, it flashes a moment then goes to a black screen and crashes.

(Note: Since changing to Windows 10, I have had this issue with some other games. It seems to be related to Direct X.)

Yes. I have freezing issues with Win 10 on this game (A LOT) , The Witcher 3 and Mad Max. Weird thing is I don't freeze at all on GTA 5 (High settings 80+FPS)... is it because of Direct X & Win 10?
    My poetry...if you like that sort of thing... http://rwkt.blogspot.ca/