Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the torturers really on grahtwood's anchors?

Lord_Ejl
Lord_Ejl
✭✭
I've been trying them for about a week now. Parking outside an anchor for about an hour daily, and haven't seen them. Other bosses multiple times though.

Am i missing something, or are the RNG gods mad at me?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all RNG. And by being in the leveling zones you only have to deal with a 1:4 chance, not a 1:12 chance like in Vet Zones (that have a chance for any of the 12 Generals).

What I would do instead is travel around to each Dolmen. Once you get the pattern down, you can run the lap and take down a lot more dolmens in the time you are spending as opposed to waiting at one. Grahtwood Dolmens are easy to Wayshrine to get to.

Greenshade? Those are not fun to run a lap on....
    Edited by Nestor on January 26, 2016 6:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I recently completed the general executioner achievement and the torturers were one that I had to go back to get. They do spawn at Grahtwood anchors, and it took me 4 hrs or so over 2 days to get them.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely just RNG. Spent three hours in Deshaan, porting back and forth to Anchors and only ever got one general to spawn (one I already had). Next day, got the last two I needed back to back. I've found it easier to just spend time farming dolmens till you get what you're missing, then take a break until the next day so you don't go crazy lol
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    Definitely just RNG.

I was in a group of 3 killing time waiting for the 4th so we went and did some Dolmens in a zone one night. We hit 3 in a row and got a General each time. I even remember asking the group, is this really happening?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I was in a group of 3 killing time waiting for the 4th so we went and did some Dolmens in a zone one night. We hit 3 in a row and got a General each time. I even remember asking the group, is this really happening?

Yeah, that about sums up my reaction, followed by a slight eye roll. Too many things in ESO controlled by RNG.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    Definitely just RNG.

Yes :D I got two same bosses in a row at grahtwood few days ago. Reason i wanted to make sure by asking is that i once fished at Auridon, internet site said the fish i'm missing was a saltwater fish, after wasting my time and 300 worms, i asked on one of my guilds, and it was revealed it was a lake fish. About an hour later, i finally got the Auridon angler achievement.

Damn you internet.