The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Cursed Nature Of The Soulshriven

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
By Celvis Aventinis:

The soul shriven are mortals killed and sacrificed to a daedric prince and the daedric prince makes a vestige of the person sacrificed. So they can replace the need for person to have a soul. Basically to have slaves, and the ability to use the soul for whatever uses the daedra need in order to futher whatever sick plot Molag Bal or other Daedric Lords need in order to cause Trouble in the realm of Mudus or other daedric realms .

Some cases the soul shriven have more Anuic energy allowing them to have more free will then other soul shriven. They lack free will unless these soul shriven can regain it by the following means . The soul is freed, by unknown means or in certain cases the soul gem holding the soul Is lost the soul shriven might be able to regain free will. Thus able to escape, their masters. Studies have shown quite a few have manged to regain free will by these means recently.

Even though they don't have souls are still somehow tied to them in some way allowing them to feel the soul, even though it is missing. This is what I was told by some of the soul shriven. They are able to still feel the soul even though the soul is lost. Its also how the daedra control them. Forcing them to work for their masters schemes til they are of no use to him.Soul shriven are condemned to eternal suffering and cruelty, many times going feral eatting fellow soul shriven or in the best cases even the lessor daedra causing them to fear them.

Soul shriven that escape coldhabour seem to appear to be able to reform at any location tied with Anuic energy. Thus they can't be killed by normal means, and are daedra altogether but more like anuic daedra. Because lack of a soul makes them shrivel up and decay, like a zombie or mummy because they are alien to oblivion. But anuic energy seems to slow down decay or stop it altogther.

But whatever decayed state, they were in remains permanent if they somehow manage to rebind themselves to nirn through means unknown, as quite a few have. Mainly because Anuic energy is the energy of life it can sustain one preventing decay, but not repairing it. Preventing them from looking like a real person and thus seen as what they really are.

They will reform if they escaped obllvion with anuic energy Instead of Azura plasm. The source that allows them to reform seem to be places such as wayshirines or shrines all together big enough, to reform thier bodies. Which they are scattered everywhere, in towns in the wilderness, even on islands in the middle of nowhere.

Soul shriven can prove themselves usefull or in some cases might be threats we can't stop without finding some means to cut their ties to Anuic energy. I have met a few that have escaped coldhabour, they told me that they are treated as freaks for their looks. Which I suppose is no surpise giving peoples hate for the undead, which soul shriven are more along the lines daedra they are considered to be undead by most folks. Making them more shunned, because daedra and undead are both considered abominations and the soul shriven can be considered both.

Soul shriven also seem to lack a refection, giving the current state of being souless may be a key factor. In some vampire legends vampires altogether seem to lack a refection because they are believed to lack souls. But considering the fact vampires have souls makes me think that is a myth all together for them. I have yet to determine if daedra also lack reflections but if so. That means the soul gives so much to us, that the daedra lack all together.

I have also come to learn in my studies, soul gems filled ones can repel a soul shriven preventing them from attacking.
I am not sure about this I have not tested it maybe it altogether is a myth. If not that means soul gems seem to have an effect on them the way canis root may ward off and prevent a werebear attack.

(Also feel free to use it for whatever you need it for or if you want into the game as a lore book if your a dev and want to add more lore))
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 26, 2016 9:57AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.