The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RE: Known motifs: Not sure if this is an addon I have or if it's part of the default UI.

Ignotus
Ignotus
✭✭✭
I don't know if this is an addon or if it's part of the default UI. When I hover over MOST of the motifs that I know, it says "Already in your library." If I do not know the motif, it says "Use to add to your lore library." This is in the tooltip. Is this part of the default UI or is it being added by an addon? Either way, it's apparently bugged for mercenary. I just bought three mercenary pages because the tooltip indicated that I didn't know the pages. Turns out that I already knew them and wasted gold on something that I didn't need. That's aggravating. If it's part of the UI, it needs to be fixed. If it's from an addon, I need to figure out which one so I can post a bug report at esoui. Thanks!
Example: http://i.imgur.com/HoIEl4q.png
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the base game
    and yes, it's buggy for mercenary, akaviri and ancient orc. reported since orsinium beta.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    If it's part of the UI, it needs to be fixed. If it's from an addon, I need to figure out which one so I can post a bug report at esoui. Thanks!
    Example: http://i.imgur.com/HoIEl4q.png

Its an issue with the UI. However I use the AI Research Grid and it accurately tells me what chapters I know, even on different Alts.

I will open that window while shopping for chapters so I can see what Alts know what so as not to double purchase. Although I only buy Mercenary for Alts so I can get Laurels. I have gotten smart and only use one crafter for learning the new Motifs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"