The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spy Addon Master Merchant

omfgitsbatman
omfgitsbatman
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

how can i deactivate the spy-functions of http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info928-MasterMerchant.html?
thanks for an anwser =)

This post worked, so I'm going try the same approach: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/241251/spy-addon-group-damage/p1
He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
Vet Maw 4/5

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though there are good and bad things about this addon, we believe that using this type of addon isn’t in the spirit of our game and encourages spying on other players without their permission. Ultimately, we don’t want players being evaluated and discriminated against based on data they don’t know is being broadcast. You will still be able to use addons that show your own combat data if you so choose to, which you can share with others.

This was said about group damage. So why can other people see how much gold I make off of the guild stores? Why can people see what I sell things for? Why does this addon rank me in sales in my guild store? This addon is disgusting and should be disabled. I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING SPYED ON. This addon has been around for much longer than that GroupDamage addon. Why do we let this continue?
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    UI
    Addons
    Combat events that do not involve the player no longer have source unit IDs.
    Quoted from patch notes

Why not sales information that doesn't involve the player?

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against the DPS Meter, but one difference between that and MM is that sales history is already available to everyone in your guild. You don't see sales stats on anyone not in your guilds, and a person could opt out by not using a guild store, and trading through mail or in person.

MM is simply adding improved UI to details displayed in the vanilla guild history. The dps meter is giving details not available in the base game. That seems like a distinction that would be important to Zeni.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worst part is people posting sales averages to zone. I mean, not only can they see my sales, but they can easily post nubers based on them in /z for everyone to see!
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I'm not against the DPS Meter, but one difference between that and MM is that sales history is already available to everyone in your guild. You don't see sales stats on anyone not in your guilds, and a person could opt out by not using a guild store, and trading through mail or in person.

MM is simply adding improved UI to details displayed in the vanilla guild history. The dps meter is giving details not available in the base game. That seems like a distinction that would be important to Zeni.

Dps meters don't let you see stats for anyone outside of your group. A person could opt out of DPS meters by not running dungeons. Dps meters are simply adding improved UI to details that can be calculated by doing math based on how quickly the boss dies.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes, I see absolutely no distinction here, except Master Merchant broadcasts something that should be way more private (how much gold I make) to a much broader set of people. It could be up to 499 instead of up to 23.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    I am being discriminated against for my low sale numbers, why can people spy on me?
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Function wrote: »
    I am being discriminated against for my low sale numbers, why can people spy on me?

Exactly! This leads to elitist trade guilds that kick anyone from the guild that doesn't reach their sales minimum.
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on January 25, 2016 10:44PM

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Yes, I see absolutely no distinction here, except Master Merchant broadcasts something that should be way more private (how much gold I make) to a much broader set of people. It could be up to 499 instead of up to 23.

Have you ever looked at your sales history for the Guild? It's all there. It's been there since the game was released. Anyone in the guild, all 499 others, have been able to see this information without this addon. You should have registered this complaint two years ago.
    Edited by Nestor on January 25, 2016 10:49PM

• Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    seriously....all you noobs need to stfu about add ons. seriously just stfu
    World first level 50 horse
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    seriously....all you noobs need to stfu about add ons. seriously just stfu

:trollface:
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree and I'd also like health bars removed. People shouldn't be able to see how much health I have. This allows them to mock me for running 12k health in my dps setup.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 25, 2016 10:52PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Have you ever looked at your sales history for the Guild? It's all there. It's been there since the game was released. Anyone in the guild, all 499 others, have been able to see this information without this addon. You should have registered this complaint two years ago.

If you have a calculator and a stopwatch, you can calculate how much dps your group as a whole is doing.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree and I'd also like health bars removed. People shouldn't be able to see how much health I have. This allows them to mock me for running 12k health in my dps setup.

I agree. If I want to stack all of my attribute points into magicka and use a magicka regen drink, and run with 12k health, I should be able to play my way. People should not be able to kick me for this reason. When I first started this game, I was unaware that my health was being broadcast to players using Spy Addons such as FTC, LUI, AUI, Wyykyd's, etc...

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a calculator and a stopwatch, you can calculate how much dps your group as a whole is doing.

What does that have to do with Guild Store Sales?

• omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

What does that have to do with Guild Store Sales?

It is the exact same situation. The addon is doing a calculation that anyone in the group could do themselves and consolidating the end result in a more convenient package. People should not be able to see my damage in groups without a calculator, and people should not be able to see my total guild sales without a calculator.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?

yes and all group damage did was calculate it for you...people need to stop crying if you do *** dps you should want people to know that you do *** dps so they can help you improve instead of hiding it.
    World first level 50 horse
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the exact same situation. The addon is doing a calculation that anyone in the group could do themselves and consolidating the end result in a more convenient package. People should not be able to see my damage in groups without a calculator, and people should not be able to see my total guild sales without a calculator.

Sorry, weak argument. Try again.

Besides, your dragging your own thread off topic. I thought this was about the Master Merchant Addon.
    Edited by Nestor on January 25, 2016 11:11PM

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A butthurt topic, who would have guessed? :F
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

Besides, your dragging your own thread off topic. I thought this was about the Master Merchant Addon, not the addon you can't use anymore. That you really don't need, as you say, you can figure out what your group is doing with out it.

It worked for Group damage...
    And exactly... You really don't need Master Merchant either... or any addon. You can figure out how much gold your guild mates are making without it. I don't want this addon to spy on me.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

It's not private at all though. People can look at the guild sales history and see it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And exactly... You really don't need Master Merchant either... or any addon. You can figure out how much gold your guild mates are making without it. I don't want this addon to spy on me.

So what is this thread about? The Master Merchant Add On? The addon you can't use anymore? I am confused here. What is it that you want to discuss?

You should clearly state that in your OP and stick to that topic. Otherwise the thread just becomes a mishmash of comments with no clear purpose or direction. People are not sure what to post as the target keeps moving.

I will give you a hint, Sour Grapes does not make for a convincing argument.

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Besides, your dragging your own thread off topic. I thought this was about the Master Merchant Addon.

This is a thread about the master merchant addon?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also add that the add on not only gives away my private data to people i dont know about nor i have any control about the fact, not only gives unfair advantage to people using it, but most importantly it ruins my immersion.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a dumb thread.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I am personally not happy about the death of GroupDamage, comparing it to Master Merchant is a stretch.

When selling something in a guild store you are basically shouting to the entire world that you have such-and-such item for sale at such-and-such price. Broadcasting this information is kind of the entire point.

Conversely, there is no expectation that the same sharing of raw numbers is taking place when grouping for a dungeon. Some information is explicitly shared (you can more or less see what abilities people are using), but no one expects that everyone is shouting "Surprise attack crit for 8k" or whatever every couple seconds in a dungeon.

+1 for trying to draw a parallel to GroupDamage.
    -2 for not actually making an apples-to-apples comparison.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

So what is this thread about? The Master Merchant Add On? The addon you can't use anymore? I am confused here. What is it that you want to discuss?

You should clearly state that in your OP and stick to that topic. Otherwise the thread just becomes a mishmash of comments with no clear purpose or direction. People are not sure what to post as the target keeps moving.

I will give you a hint, Sour Grapes does not make for a convincing argument.

This is a post about trying to opt out of displaying my information on Master Merchant for all to see. I am simply using the group damage addon thread as a direct line comparison. They are one in the same in my oppinion. They Patched Group Damage out of the game, and since I see no difference between the 2 addons, I feel like Master Merchant needs a similar treatment for a similar addon. These addons are the same, just different information.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB_IMG_1453763130377_zpsg63rckof.jpg
    I'm so done with popcorn,moving on to drinking now
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    While I am personally not happy about the death of GroupDamage, comparing it to Master Merchant is a stretch.

When selling something in a guild store you are basically shouting to the entire world that you have such-and-such item for sale at such-and-such price. Broadcasting this information is kind of the entire point.

Conversely, there is no expectation that the same sharing of raw numbers is taking place when grouping for a dungeon. Some information is explicitly shared (you can more or less see what abilities people are using), but no one expects that everyone is shouting "Surprise attack crit for 8k" or whatever every couple seconds in a dungeon.

+1 for trying to draw a parallel to GroupDamage.
    -2 for not actually making an apples-to-apples comparison.

When you are in a group and you wear light armor, wield a bow, and spam breath of life, you are basically shouting to the entire group that you are doing no damage. Broadcasting this information is kind of the entire point of GroupDamage.

Conversely, there is no expectation that the same sharing of raw numbes is taking place when Joining a trade guild. Some information is explicitly shared (you can more or less see what people are selling), but no one expects that everyone is shouting "Willpower ring sold for 120k" and then rank you based on how much you sold this week.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

This discussion has been closed.