The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

magicka templar levelling: light or heavy armor ?

taupe_agile
Hi,

I build a magicka templar who use one hand/shield.

In PVP I saw that a lot of people use light armor (probably for magicka regeneration).

But for levelling, do you think I can do that or I must use heavy armor to be more resistant ?

Thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For leveling? Use each type of armor. In fact a mix of 3/2/2 is best for leveling as you can level each armor line up to 50 roughly equally. You don't get the 5 piece bonuses until the upper levels of an armor skill line so no need to go for that early on. If you do care about the 5 piece once it unlocks then go 5/1/1 with Training on the single pieces so they level decently.

However it is more important to arrive at VR Ranks with all armors at 50 than it is to use the optimal armor while leveling.

Why? You can change out armor and builds with just a respec and avoid grinding up an armor skill you might need later. Armor seems to level slowly, so that is the last thing you want to grind up end game.
    Edited by Nestor on January 25, 2016 3:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you research early to get Med Greaves up to 6-8 traits, same with 5 light and 1 Heavy (chest).
    Then you can do Juliannos/Karagnacs when you hit Vet levels and work on your Undaunted passives.

I waited to late and it takes a while to catch it up.