The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Templar Leveling build

lakin1994b16_ESO
Currently VR6, looking for a sturdy build that i can faceroll Orsinium with, preferably melee, but not fussed if otherwise.

Thank you you fantastic little cherubs <3
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    Jabs, jabs, jabs, jabs and more jabs

From one Templar to another :smile:

Seriously though jabs will get you through pretty much everything (assuming you are magika) BoL on your br is also good
    Edited by BackFreckle on January 25, 2016 9:33AM
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • lakin1994b16_ESO
    @BackFreckle Realistically, are dps Templars an option at endgame, or are we still a laughing stock :'(
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    hi there, this is my build for my magicka templar I made back at launch, It is still my best dps and healing character. with this gear I can heal and dps verry well.

I use 5x kagrenac's hope, wich gives max magicka, magickaregen, max health, and a good amount of spelldmg.
    -> the good thing about this set is that you can reserect other players in 3s (if you wear it as
    templar ofc.) 5 light armor pieces divines trait, magick glyph

4x magnus, this gives max magicka, magicka regen and spelldmg.
    -> this is a good 4-piece set, it gives magicka regen, witch is good cause a magic templar uses a lot of
    magicka 1 medium piece, 1 heavy piece and 2 swords, magicka and crit glyphs
    3x willpower, gives max magcka and spelldmg, 2x magicka, 1x health trait, all spelldmg glyphs

we use swords with this build cause we can get all of our dmg skills from our class skills. dual wield swords gives a bunch of spell dmg and 5% more dmg (take only the last passive of dual wield) on my second bar I equip a resto staff just because of the shield and heal skills.

a templar benefits from crit dmg so for my weapons I use a crit trait and my mundus stone is the thief wich gives 12% crit (+divines bonus)

CP: green -> 100 in reduce cost and the rest in regen
    bleu -> 100 in magic dmg, 42 in more critdmg and the rest in spellpenetration
    red -> this is where I divide my points in a lot of things, the most important ones are reduce elemental dmg,
    spellresistance and more healing taken.
    I have 500 CP, if you don't have that just divide your own CP in the topics I mentioned

these are my stats at VR16
    Max magicka: 41,5k
    Max Health: 20,6k
    Max Stamina: 9,7k

magicka regen: 1146
    stamina/health regen: I don't care xp

spellcrit: 65,2%

This isn't the best dps performing build, I could go for julianos, thorug's pact and molag kena 1 piece or overwhelming, or twice born star. but I like this build, this gives me a solid +20k dps solo and +25k dps in group. I have a good amount of health and magicka regen. I can sustain this dps for a verry long time. I tried other things but I always ran out of magicka to soon.

that's my build xp
    have a good one, bb
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're talking PvE here, come on, there's hardly any need to worry about that in PvE.
    Jabs and an emergency heal when you have to be AFK for a Sanwich and that's about it.
    For the Arena you'll need to go into more detail but you asked for leveling...
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭

Chelos wrote: »
    You're talking PvE here, come on, there's hardly any need to worry about that in PvE.
    Jabs and an emergency heal when you have to be AFK for a Sanwich and that's about it.
    For the Arena you'll need to go into more detail but you asked for leveling...

It was a simple leveling question not a pvp build, jabs and an emergency heal got me through every single quest in the game while leveling
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    @BackFreckle Realistically, are dps Templars an option at endgame, or are we still a laughing stock :'(

Honestly I can never say that I have never ran with a magika Templar DPS. Obviously this is just my experience but every Templar ive come across is just a stamina Templar
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Magcika pve , just use jabs/shards and Bol.

Aoe, Single and Heal.

Use channeled focus if you want some mana regen though.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭

Seriously though jabs will get you through pretty much everything (assuming you are magika) BoL on your br is also good

Yeah this is pretty much it. Both stamplars and magika temps use this skill... It does ALOT of damage and it heals a lot... So just run in maybe use structured entrophy if you are magic and jab away.
  • MadDrama
    MadDrama
    Soul Shriven
    I used a set of Seducer (5 set) with Magnus (4 set) with resto staff and two hander. I was able to make these as I leveled started out with the two piece sets first and swapped out as a leveled.

Cleave jab jab - cleave - jabb jabb - move on.

The leveling was so easy I didn't realize that people actually died in this game.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For levelling just go 4 seducer 4 magnus. If you're grinding regen is nice to just constantly kill.

If you need a 9th piece, seducer.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    Dual wield: inner light, puncturing sweeps, quick cloak, repentance, channeled focus, dawnbreaker of smiling

Resto: inner light, harness magicka, blazing spear, rapid regeneration, radiant oppression, ice comet

Swap out harness and quick cloak for breath of life on both bars and you can heal most every dungeon

For a stamina build you could do this

Dual wield: biting jabs, steel tornado, evil hunter, repentance, power of the light, flawless dawnbreaker

2handed sword: rally, executioner, blazing shield, crit Rush, repentance/vigor, solar prison
    Edited by ryanborror on January 28, 2016 7:39AM
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA