The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want to see BWB return to its former glory (pre-Orsinium)?

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was one of those in favour of introducing the new Orsinium battle levelling changes to Blackwater Blade, the non-vet campaign.
Little did I know the effect that would have on newer players, and how ridiculous the fights would turn out to be. No longer are the fights about skill, but how much DPS you can pump out in a short amount of time, and what gear you're wearing. Not very new-player friendly if you ask me.
BWB used to be one of the most balanced campaigns this game as ever seen, and now it's just another Azuras star without lag.
I miss it, a lot. So I'm wondering how many of you would like to see Blackwater go back to how it was pre-Orsinium, so you actually have time to enjoy your fights again, or whether you like it the way it is now. I guess another option is to introduce another campaign, but I think it'd be better all-round if we just had the old one back. Still, a new campaign is a good alternative.
Balance was so good back then I'd rip out my wallet and resub, just so I can live there until you fix the end game :smiley:
Edited by Alucardo on January 23, 2016 4:06PM

Do you want to see BWB return to its former glory (pre-Orsinium)? 55 votes

Yes, I want it back to how it was
41%
kevlarto_ESOIruil_ESOced30Valen_Bytekoby-xxrwb17_ESORosveenSheezabeastjakobandersen84prb18_ESOElsonsoBhozz52leeuxStreegaValencerVagabondAngelazoriangamingSharakorSorisVaohCtrlAltDltAlucardo 23 votes
No, I like the new battle level changes in non-vet
32%
Gedericlolo_01b16_ESOMost_AwesomePhatGrimReapertengriToRelaxSmoltBfish22090mcurleyimrednecksonBigToneSpliffoRezniqueThe-BaconatorraviourKr3doJubJubDecayed_Inside 18 votes
No, but I'd like to see a new non-vet campaign added with legacy BWB battle levelling
10%
MojmirRudyardRikumarustojekarcub18_ESOLumsdenmlLil_Willie 6 votes
Other (Please specify)
14%
MjolloForztrRoamingRiverElkXarcSturgeHammerDrakilianEsoReconInarre 8 votes
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    As I've said before, the ideal solution would be to keep current battle-levelling mechanics but making it so that the level and quality of the gear being used has no effect on the bonuses the gear provides, making amount of gold spent far less important in BwB than it is now. Sure, a few people might get a bunch of monster helms and agility rings and stuff at level ten but it's better than what we have now.

If this isn't an option however, I'd gladly go back to the old non-vet.
    Edited by Drakilian on January 23, 2016 5:02PM
    Just call me Drak
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-IC with no 50% damage reduction.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In IC patch we had it best imo. Both for BWB and veteran campaigns for low level vets.
    I remember I had much better stats with my vr4 dk and I could compete with vr16s even before the sets bonuses weren't counting on your stats. They made the 2nd, 3rd and 4th piece bonuses scale better with your battle leveling and cut the raw battle leveling numbers by some amount, but that didn't make it any better, my dk ended up with lower stats. And due to the fact that the new vr16 weapons/armors skyrocket your stats off the roof, lower level vets became just a cannon fodders in vet campaigns.
    That's my gripe.
    Edited by Soris on January 24, 2016 1:37AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However I just realised the thread is mainly for BWB battle levelling. Why did I wrote it here I have no idea lol.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BwB was my old home back when I played in Cyrodiil. Sorry to hear that they wrecked it. :unamused:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    I want to see what its like after the champion points are removed because I think this alone will make things more like the old days.

The thing I like about the current system is that you now have some say in your stats but wouldn't mind if the gear quality and level was ignored by battle leveling so I could just craft a set of green level 10 stuff and be good to go until I vetted out.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see more than 1 active campaign
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and immediately. Armor, weapons, CPs.... none of it really mattered much with pre-Orsinium battle scaling. You joined in and the only disadvantage to be had were a lack of skillpoints and locked skills due to being a low level, which made sense. Battles required skill.

Nowadays, I just need to level my character to lvl 15. Outfit them (any class, preferably DK or NB) with a two handed sword, 5x Hundings Rage, 3x any other set, and 3x weapon power/max stamina enchants. Everything blue quality. CPs for recovery and much more physical damage. Now Wrecking Blow will two-shot most players. If you're new to the game, chances are you will get frustrated immediately and leave. You have NO CHANCE against players with superior stats and CPs who have the resources to make set items.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new system isn't perfect specifically for Blackwater, but I'd take it over the old one any day.
    Maybe there should be more limitations in form of hardcaps or effects of your gear, but it's way better than having mainly regen bonuses count, that drag on the fights even more than would be the case with the fixed large healthpools and low magicka/stamina/damage stats.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    No CPs, and a limit to how much weapon dmg and spell dmg you can have, maybe also a limit to max magicka and stamina.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I really enjoyed about the old system was that hybrid builds were totally viable. You'd see all kinds of setups. These days it's just max damage or gtfo and thanks for playing.
    Still cool to hear other opinions. Keep 'em coming.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I'd like to see a new non-vet campaign added with legacy BWB battle levelling
    I kinda like both versions of BwB. The new one is more fast paced than the last version of BwB and combat punishes mistakes more. The last version was more balanced and you could come up with many more builds plus the campaign felt more competitive to what it feels like now.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont hate it, but it seems like now its more about pumping out max DPS. Still better than the vet servers though, at least in BwB i dont have to deal with non-emp 27K damage shields.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i dont hate it, but it seems like now its more about pumping out max DPS. Still better than the vet servers though, at least in BwB i dont have to deal with non-emp 27K damage shields.

There are people who run with 26k - 30k shields with a huge magicka pool in non-vet.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    I want to see bwb without CP and 100% dmg/heal.
    Edited by Xarc on January 26, 2016 11:20PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Changes are awesome because now BWB is not a huge lie. Before it gave you a false sense of what pvp was. Maybe i agree it was more fun but then you get used to that and have a bad time in vet pvp. Better to adjust right off the bat imo.
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    The gear you're wearing in bwb simply matters too much now. People who are new to the game who are just getting an understanding of stats and builds will be at a severe disadvantage.

new players who don't have maxed crafters will always be screwed with the way it works now.
    Edited by allen-iverson on January 27, 2016 7:39AM
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    I think it was perfect Pre-Imperial city. Last year between January through May-ish was the best IMO but i think the campaign would be better with that old system and a few more tweaks. All set pieces should matter but should be scaled to VR15 instead of having to change it out every 5-10 levels. Removal of a veteran system (Champion Points) from a non veteran system. would be best as well since it doesn't make sense anyways. And keeping the current 50% seems fine this meta as long as gear matters. When IC came out and 50% damage came out, it was absolutely at it's worst since it was nearly impossible for anyone without CP to do any DPS just to surpass player's health recovery.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They already said that it's not possible to change battle levelling on a 'per campaign' basis due to the way the whole thing is developed....

So it's a bit of a moot question really.

I'm personally ok with the way gear levels... BUT I do think they are going the correct way in taking CP out of the equation. 25% extra damage & mitigation just because you have several other vet characters... that's what I consider more unfair / game breaking. Remove that in BwB and it'll be a good half way house between how it is now & how it was back in the day.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hopefully when they turn off CP. BWB will be a fun place again and not a hive of wretched scum and villainy alt's with 501 cp rolling the new players with 0 cp.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hopefully when they turn off CP. BWB will be a fun place again and not a hive of wretched scum and villainy alt's with 501 cp rolling the new players with 0 cp.

Yeah, turning off CPs on nonvet will be a good start, but I just don't think it's going to be enough to make it a place for newbies to start. Old BWB was perfect.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    Keep battle leveling, renove gear perks and cp point perks. New players need fun pvp to stick around and enjoy, not to get owned by some gold armored 501 champ point vet on their new level 10 alt for epeen points.
    Edited by Inarre on February 2, 2016 3:36PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    Keep battle leveling, renove gear perks and cp point perks. New players need fun pvp to stick around and enjoy, not to get owned by some gold armored 501 champ point vet on their new level 10 alt for epeen points.

It was kind of like this in old BWB. The gear level, improvement and perks had no baring on your character, except the 5th piece of a set, which isn't necessarily OP. Because of this, the stats were very similar across the board.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    Hardly do non-vet pvp and only care about vet pvp.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    It's hard for me to evaluate the post-orsinium battle leveling because of the champion system. If CP gets disabled in BWB in thieves guild, then we will really get to experience the new battle leveling without the base stat disparites that are present now.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Tombs_UDL
    Tombs_UDL
    ✭✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    Hardly do non-vet pvp and only care about vet pvp.

Then why post?

Remove Champion Points asap and then see how it looks and feels before making any other changes, please.

Thanks.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Balance was so good back then I'd rip out my wallet and resub, just so I can live there until you fix the end game :smiley:

Battle levelling is now a tool for making DLC appealing to underleveled players, not a tool for equalizing chances in PvP regardless of levels or gear. Nobody gives a !@#$% about your sub; there is way more money to be had from selling DLC.
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Please specify)
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Battle levelling is now a tool for making DLC appealing to underleveled players, not a tool for equalizing chances in PvP regardless of levels or gear. Nobody gives a !@#$% about your sub; there is way more money to be had from selling DLC.

That's not true.

Veryc simple math: one DLC is released every quarter. One quarter is three months. The sub cost is 15$ a month, meaning that in the span of one quarter you will pay 45$.

Meanwhile, a single DLC is released every quarter. The DLC values are currently 2000, 2500, and 3000. So the average cost of the DLC is 2500 crowns, or 25$ (less if you count people buying the 5500:50 pack, which decreases the value of crowns by ~9 percent, bringing it down to ~23$.

Unless you count in mount or costume costs that come with the DLC (but could easily be developed and sold separately), or the few fools who will, for some incomprehensible reason, buy that worthless collector's edition, then the sub is clearly more profitable (by 20$ per quarter) than the DLC. I doubt adding in the costumes/mounts actually purchased would make up the difference, since the percentage of the player base buying those consistently remains small.

Point is, a single sub is worth more than a DLC. It is therefore in ZOS' best interest to maximize their number of subscriptions.
    Just call me Drak
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakilian wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

That's not true.

Veryc simple math: one DLC is released every quarter. One quarter is three months. The sub cost is 15$ a month, meaning that in the span of one quarter you will pay 45$.

Meanwhile, a single DLC is released every quarter. The DLC values are currently 2000, 2500, and 3000. So the average cost of the DLC is 2500 crowns, or 25$ (less if you count people buying the 5500:50 pack, which decreases the value of crowns by ~9 percent, bringing it down to ~23$.

Unless you count in mount or costume costs that come with the DLC (but could easily be developed and sold separately), or the few fools who will, for some incomprehensible reason, buy that worthless collector's edition, then the sub is clearly more profitable (by 20$ per quarter) than the DLC. I doubt adding in the costumes/mounts actually purchased would make up the difference, since the percentage of the player base buying those consistently remains small.

Point is, a single sub is worth more than a DLC. It is therefore in ZOS' best interest to maximize their number of subscriptions.

Not my point though, as by "selling DLC" I mean directly or indirectly through subs as well; more precisely it does not matter which of these. Let me explain.
    X players would sub if BWB did not suck; they prefer the old gear-does-not-matter battle levelling. Y players, who do not have max level on any of their chars, would buy DLC (or sub to get it); what they prefer regarding battle levelling does not matter (remarkably, they could prefer the old one too). There may be some overlapping, but let's just say Y is probably much higher number than X.
    ZOS wants to release DLC. Typically, expansions add some content at the end of a game, i.e. so that players who kinda finished a game keep playing (and paying). That would however mean, in ESO, that Y players would not even consider buying DLC (or, again, sub for it), not even if there were superior rewards, not even if base game zones were obsoleted, because they simply could not play VR whatever new DLC zones with feeble non/low-vet chars. That would not fly with The Monetization Department, so the devs took what they had, the battle levelling system, and not only recycled it, but also tweaked; gear now matters because aside from unlocking skills, there would not be much to do in DLC if it did not. Exping a char itself, battle levelled anyway, is a bit moot.
    So, the point is that ZOS can either make Alucardo and the rest of X players happy (and perhaps sub), or BWB suck but DLC buyable for Y players, which I think is well worth it.

As for value of subs, I would agree.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 3, 2016 10:23PM