Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

help on ground/trap area denial build for sieges and general fun

SmalltalkJava
SmalltalkJava
✭✭✭
I have an idea for a build archetype that doesn’t fit the burst meta. It is a ground target/trap idea, kind of like an area denial build. I’m partially looking for what class would be best at it. For example: Fire Rune (mage guild), Lightening Splash(sorc), Trap Beast(fighters guild), Wall of Elements. and to an extent Necrotic Orb, as it travels slowly through an area.

What class would excel at this type? I’m thinking sorc because of Lightening Splash.

An issue is that Trap Beast is stamina based and Fire Rune is magica based. Another question I have is could someone do the math to see if a possible balance could be made so that the magica based ground spells could be used in conjuction with Trap Beast so that Trap Beast wouldn’t be completely useless. I know that to an extent it would have to be at least a semi-hybrid build. But I’d like to see if there was some kind of sweet spot so some synergy was between them all was found.

Best Answers

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are right; Magicka Sorcerer is probably the best choice, but Stamina Sorcerer might make a close second.

You would want to use Fire Rune and Daedric Minefield, Siege Shield, and Revealing Flare, and if you only use them for the CC, then it's fine to not have much damage.

For stamina builds, you would have Trap Beast, Caltrops.

Magicka build is probably better for resource sustain, but Stamina has some unique abilities.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Answer ✓
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All statements made in perspective to this build concept, not the meta

Best Area denial imo is stam DK

Bow/2h
    caltrops, volley, eruption, standard, volcanic rune

there is no area denial in the game greater than DK standard

when an opponent enters that area bombard to root them in place

best part is, you can slot at least 3 of these abilities and not totally wreck your ability to fight
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 22, 2016 11:27PM
    Answer ✓
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. This definitely gives me some ideas. I just realized that sorc has the aoe ultimate pet also. short lived but its area
    Edited by SmalltalkJava on January 22, 2016 11:40PM