The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka DK ThinkTank Thread

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
A lot of posts complain about DK's in pvp. BUT NOT THIS THREAD!

I want to dedicate a thread to only the good... no complaining about what we don't have, wish we had, blah blah. This will be a positive thread :)

Let's fill this thread with build ideas/gear sets/stats/pictures/videos that help people stick it out with magicka DK's.

There are a few effective DK's, but most of their builds aren't too well known. Share yours here!
  • Vynist
    Vynist
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start with mine:

5H
    2L
    (no Undaunted passives yet)

5x Kagrenac's
    2x Adroitness
    2x Torug's pact

Sword and shield and typical front bar
    Resto staff for Blessing of Restoration, GDB not too good right now. Any ideas on this part?

I have Magicka cost reduction on jewelry, but I have a lot of trouble with magicka sustain, would regen be better? About 1400 right now with 2 cost reduction.

1750 spell power means whips hit 2k, maybe 3k crit. I don't have gold weapons yet. Would spell damage be better even though sustain would be a lot less?
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Been trying this out:
    5L
    1H
    1M

5 Kags with divines, Chest with infused
    2 Piece Torug - Sword and Board
    2 Piece Kena, 1 heavy, 1 medium - Helm Infused, shoulder divines.
    3 Piece Willpower, with spell dmg glyphs.

It's pretty damn squishy, but with the Kena proc and continuous attack, can get my spell damage up to around 4.0-4.1K, and that brings the whip to almost 7.5K on the tooltip with S&B, and Resto on back bar.

Still have 1900 regen (with drinks), 31K Max Mag, and 24K health (max health + magicka regen.)

It does pretty well burst dps with proxy leaps + talon and inhale, but still not as much as my Stam DK did.

It is a blast to play though with a small-medium sized groups
    Edited by LokoMatic on January 22, 2016 6:08PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    Been trying this out:
    5L
    1H
    1M

5 Kags with divines, Chest with infused
    2 Piece Torug - Sword and Board
    2 Piece Kena, 1 heavy, 1 medium - Helm Infused, shoulder divines.
    3 Piece Willpower, with spell dmg glyphs.

It's pretty damn squishy, but with the Kena proc and continuous attack, can get my spell damage up to around 4.0-4.1K, and that brings the whip to almost 7.5K on the tooltip with S&B, and Resto on back bar.

Still have 1900 regen (with drinks), 31K Max Mag, and 24K health (max health + magicka regen.)

It does pretty well burst dps with proxy leaps + talon and inhale, but still not as much as my Stam DK did.

It is a blast to play though with a small-medium sized groups

Which mundus stone do you use, and what race?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 22, 2016 6:10PM
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Atronach, and Dark elf.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭
    @LokoMatic what is the level of your DK? And any champion points tips? I have over 300 but can't seem to pinpoint a good configuration. Mine is VR12 now..I just annoy players in pvp can't do much.
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
    Options
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    I'll start with mine:

5H
    2L

5x Kagrenac's
    2x Adroitness
    2x Torug's pact

Resto staff for Blessing of Restoration, GDB not too good right now. Any ideas on this part?

I have Magicka cost reduction on jewelry, but I have a lot of trouble with magicka sustain, would regen be better? About 1400 right now with 2 cost reduction.

1750 spell power means whips hit 2k, maybe 3k crit. I don't have gold weapons yet. Would spell damage be better even though sustain would be a lot less?

I've had a few ideas for a heavy armored magicka DK
    3 Willows Path for magicka and stamina regen
    1 Molag Kena for spell damage
    5 Twice born star to get the Atronach and Apprentice for extra magicka regen and spell damage
    5-7 heavy ( if you have the Undaunted passives 5 1 1 is your best bet)
    Tri-stat food or which ever floats your boat
    vamp abilities on both bars to get the 10% magicka and stam regen
    Elusive mist for movement speed
    Divines on all your gear including shield(s) for the most spell power and magicka regen
    Willpower for more magicka and spell damage
    Entropy for more HP and spell damage

I haven't gotten around to trying this set up yet so I'm not sure how it'll perform
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run

Breton
    5 L / 1M / 1H
    5x Julianos (all divines)
    3x Willpower (3 spell dmg glyph, 2 arcane 1 healthy)
    1x Molag Kena impen helm
    1x Nerieneth impen arm cops
    1x Torugs nirnhone inferno staff (should be maelstrom if you can get it)
    1x Torugs precise resto staff (should be maelstrom if you can get it)

Pulsar/Deep Breath
    Inner Light
    Dragon Fire Scales
    Destructive Reach
    Force Pulse
    Shooting Star

Blessing of Restoration
    Inner Light
    Healing Ward
    Mutagen
    Fossilize/Cinder Storm
    Standard of Might/Aggressive War Horn/Magma Armor

When I unlock magicka det I intend to slot that. Using Mag Restore/Spell Damage/Detect potions.

I enjoy it. He hits like a rail gun and can comically tank a group of 6-8 enemies for a good 10-15 seconds until my sustain gives out lol

Options
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

I want to dedicate a thread to only the good... no complaining about what we don't have, wish we had, blah blah. This will be a positive thread :)

Let's fill this thread with build ideas/gear sets/stats/pictures/videos that help people stick it out with magicka DK's.

There are a few effective DK's, but most of their builds aren't too well known. Share yours here!

Lol. Whatever dude. The magic dk needs buffs. Being positive in this instance is naive.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »

Lol. Whatever dude. The magic dk needs buffs. Being positive in this instance is naive.

Being positive can only get the class so far lol. When a class requires a skilled player to play it to even have a chance to win 1v2s against scrub NBs, positivity aint getting you no where lol
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    @LokoMatic what is the level of your DK? And any champion points tips? I have over 300 but can't seem to pinpoint a good configuration. Mine is VR12 now..I just annoy players in pvp can't do much.

Mine is v16, about 380 CP. I put 90 ish into elemental damage that's helped a lot.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    This is my old Tank DK build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nT0eF8DMf0

Those are the compliments about this build .
    MAIN%20EMPITY2_zpsnmjjb4s0.jpg

This is a video about the build on action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1TzE54GVm4

Soon I will make a video about my new build..
    Better them the first one.
    Edited by Escorpiao_Noturno on January 23, 2016 5:24AM
    Options
  • MADshadowmans_Ghost
    Give it up, there is no build in this game, that gives a magicka dk what he lacks. The only thing that really helps is experience. But even the best dks in this game know that there's only so much they can do with this class. Don't try to chase the holy grail of magicka dk builds, cause it doesn't exist. Develop a playstyle you like, get experience with this playstyle. that's all you can do.

For now.
    MADshadowman - the one and only
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combo of martial knowledge and valkeria with healer and cyrodiil light works well. You can go destroy for impulse and crushing shock and sword board for sustainable or resto for dual purpose.

You are best inside the middle of 4-5 team members, put dots on everyone and reflect and interrupt at all times. It's a fun but difficult build the magic dk
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The combo of martial knowledge and valkeria with healer and cyrodiil light works well. You can go destroy for impulse and crushing shock and sword board for sustainable or resto for dual purpose.

You are best inside the middle of 4-5 team members, put dots on everyone and reflect and interrupt at all times. It's a fun but difficult build the magic dk

I think youre a couple patches behind with those sets buddy
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll start with mine:

5H
    2L

5x Kagrenac's
    2x Adroitness
    2x Torug's pact

I've had a few ideas for a heavy armored magicka DK
    3 Willows Path for magicka and stamina regen
    1 Molag Kena for spell damage
    5 Twice born star to get the Atronach and Apprentice for extra magicka regen and spell damage
    5-7 heavy ( if you have the Undaunted passives 5 1 1 is your best bet)
    Tri-stat food or which ever floats your boat
    vamp abilities on both bars to get the 10% magicka and stam regen
    Elusive mist for movement speed
    Divines on all your gear including shield(s) for the most spell power and magicka regen
    Willpower for more magicka and spell damage
    Entropy for more HP and spell damage

I haven't gotten around to trying this set up yet so I'm not sure how it'll perform

Not a bad idea but in any case kags over twice born is a better set up. Apprentice only gives 213 spell damage with 7 gold divines, and with gold kagrenacs gives 224 spell damage, and with the atronach value being used for both its just not worth it, especially since the 2/3/4 on kags is better than tbs, although tbs 2/3/4 is actually useful for a mag dk.
    Options
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I did the past few days- this build shines with small groups.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LoKoMaTiC/video/14211191
    Edited by LokoMatic on January 26, 2016 7:21PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Options